• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dewayne Dedmon traded to Detroit for Snell and Thomas

JayBirdHawk

I don’t like the trade at all, Dedmon is more useful to us than Snell, we need quality wings, not end of the bench wings. Dedmon was key for Okongwu development as stretch five when Okongwu is playing PF, really hate the trade. 

At least I hope Skal takes Dedmon role as stretch five

8 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I don’t like the trade at all, Dedmon is more useful to us than Snell, we need quality wings, not end of the bench wings. Dedmon was key for Okongwu development as stretch five when Okongwu is playing PF, really hate the trade. 

Actually we did good in this because Snell is also an expiring as well, he can be move again or played out the season then be a FA and the Hawks will have enough to resign JC and more.  It was a Cap Neutral Deal 

31 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Dedmon was gawd awful last year.

Snell’s numbers indicate a player as good as his coaching.  A 119/ 109 offensive / defensive rating last season under Bud is eye popping, same as the 104 defensive rating as a 16 minute rookie under Thibs.  Far more pedestrian values under coaching greats Fred Hoiberg and Jason Kidd.

With a career .540 efg and 2:1 assist to turn he’s a sharp player no doubt, just not confident in this staff pulling his best out.  He’s gotta be a great positional guy, the poor rebounding hurts.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Snell’s numbers indicate a player as good as his coaching.  A 119/ 109 offensive / defensive rating last season under Bud is eye popping, same as the 104 defensive rating as a 16 minute rookie under Thibs.  Far more pedestrian values under coaching greats Fred Hoiberg and Jason Kidd.

With a career .540 efg and 2:1 assist to turn he’s a sharp player no doubt, just not confident in this staff pulling his best out.  He’s gotta be a great positional guy, the poor rebounding hurts.

Solid defender, can knock down open threes. Good fit. World's better than Bembry ball that's for dogone sure. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I hate to see Dedmon go.  He contributes to the team in more ways than one.  We lost this trade imo.  

By all accounts Dedmon was a great locker room guy but Snell brings 3 point shooting off the bench that we desperately needed.  

• Like 2