• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks early schedule - 2020 breaks the cycle.

thecampster

25. @ Chi

17. @ Mem

27. vs Det

6. @ BKN

6. @ BKN

30. vs CLE

28. vs NY

23. vs CHA

23. @ CHA

If the Hawks are for real, one could easily see 8-2 or 7-3 from an easy opening schedule and no West Coast trip to start the season. The only back to back is BKN/CLE.

The schedule doesn't stiffen until Jan 11 vs PHI. For once we start the year with an easier schedule (on paper).

Numbers are start of the year power rankings. Hawks are ranked 16th per NBC sports Darren Hartwell. https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/2020-nba-power-rankings-how-all-30-teams-stack-after-free-agency?int

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Everything I see from the interviews there is a sense of urgency and accountability in the locker room right now. That really bodes well

I agree.  Just a different feel this season.  Having competent ownership and management makes a huge difference.  It trickles down to getting vets to want to come who can help us take the next step.

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Don’t take anything for granted and we might not have chemistry or roles figured out in the beginning 

It is pretty predictable that we could struggle some during the first third of the season.  Hope we won’t but I’m not assuming we hit the ground running with our youth, the long break and the number of new players.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jdawgflow said:

I agree.  Just a different feel this season.  Having competent ownership and management makes a huge difference.  It trickles down to getting vets to want to come who can help us take the next step.

I dont know what secret ingredients Schlenk put in the Kool Aid but everyone in the building is drinking it right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I dont know what secret ingredients Schlenk put in the Kool Aid but everyone in the building is drinking it right now.

Yes they are.  I will be very disappointed if we don’t end up as a for sure playoff team.  Now is the time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I really believe this team could be a top team in the east much less the NBA. 

Because of our depth ? Or because of just how damn well these players fit together and each others style of play? 

im actually with you. The more I look at the east the more rondos interview started to make sense to me. I think this team could possibly be a top east team based on how the offseason went for us vs what other east teams lost.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, thecampster said:

25. @ Chi

17. @ Mem

27. vs Det

6. @ BKN

6. @ BKN

30. vs CLE

28. vs NY

23. vs CHA

23. @ CHA

If the Hawks are for real, one could easily see 8-2 or 7-3 from an easy opening schedule and no West Coast trip to start the season. The only back to back is BKN/CLE.

The schedule doesn't stiffen until Jan 11 vs PHI. For once we start the year with an easier schedule (on paper).

Numbers are start of the year power rankings. Hawks are ranked 16th per NBC sports Darren Hartwell. https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/2020-nba-power-rankings-how-all-30-teams-stack-after-free-agency?int

I know I'm biased cuz I absolutely HATE them, but I just don't see the Boston love. 

With Kemba hurt to start the year they will be going with Jeff Teague at the point. Their starters are JT, Smart, Tatum, Brown, and Tristan Thompson.  Their bench is nothing special either. I just don't see it. At least not 2nd in the east. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Because of our depth ? Or because of just how damn well these players fit together and each others style of play? 

im actually with you. The more I look at the east the more rondos interview started to make sense to me. I think this team could possibly be a top east team based on how the offseason went for us vs what other east teams lost.

I think we're a top 4 East team talent wise, just gotta figure out chemistry/fit and stay healthy 

Edited by TheFuzz
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I think one of the secret ingredients was paying money to quality players, as opposed to $30M+ to washed up dudes to stay off the court.

Edited by klharper
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, klharper said:

I think one of the secret ingredients was paying money to quality players, as opposed to $30M+ to washed up dudes to stay off the court.

So much this!  Amazing how a team looks when your players making the most money are scheduled to have a positive impact.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I know I'm biased cuz I absolutely HATE them, but I just don't see the Boston love. 

With Kemba hurt to start the year they will be going with Jeff Teague at the point. Their starters are JT, Smart, Tatum, Brown, and Tristan Thompson.  Their bench is nothing special either. I just don't see it. At least not 2nd in the east. 

They were 4th in defense last year . . and 4th in offense.

By those numbers, they should've been in the NBA Finals last season.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JTB said:

Maturity. As younger players mature, they get better naturally. you have a lot of young players taking small steps at the same time. Together that's a big push.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...