• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawk's biggest rival for the 2020-2021 season

sillent

I don’t think we have a rival yet. We haven’t competed for anything in over 3 years and we didn’t have any strong rivalries even then. I will say that Brooklyn might honestly be the last team in the East I would consider a rival. They feel like an expansion team or something with KD, Kyrie, and Nash showing up this season.

• Like 3

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, AHF said:

I just call you correct.  

I do hope the Trae / Luka Hawks / Mavs develops in a positive Magic / Bird sort of direction.

It would be nice but I can't see it.  I can't see the Luka fanatics EVER giving props to Trae.     Magic / Bird seemed like it was always a mutual admiration thing even with the fans.  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It would be nice but I can't see it.  I can't see the Luka fanatics EVER giving props to Trae.     Magic / Bird seemed like it was always a mutual admiration thing even with the fans.  

I think the only way it happens is if the two teams match up in the playoffs and produce an epic series.  Both teams would seemingly be set up for long term, continued success so if they were to meet in the playoffs once, we could surmise it could happen again.  Thus a rivalry born. 

Of course, if Atl / Dal DO meet in the playoffs I'd be less concerned with the potential of a rivalry forming and more concerned that the world was about to end since my beloved was actually playing in the NBA Finals.  I'm pretty sure it's like the 3rd sign of the Apocalypse or something. 

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

It seems to me that Luka and Trae have a mutual admiration thing between them and I don't put it out of the realm of possibility that they can guide the fans down that path.  It is even more realistic if the two teams start winning comparable numbers of games.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...