• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawk's biggest rival for the 2020-2021 season

sillent

I'm just curious to know who do y'all think will be the Hawks biggest rival this year?

For me it's the Brooklyn Nets

1) They're pretty much as deep as us(Kevin and Kyrie of course ramping up the overall value)

2) Battle of the Coaches. Steve Nash vs Lloyd Pierce as well as Mike 'O' Antoni (Offense) vs Nate McMillan (defense)

3) Nothing like having an ex player come back with vengeance. Taurean Prince I'm sure would like to make us remember him.

4) We can have an all out shoot out with our gunners vs KD, Kyrie, Joe Harris, Prince, Levert and company 

5) If all goes well and we play to a high capacity we could find ourselves battling them for a top 2 and 3 position (here come the haters lol) I repeat if all goes well which we have a good chance of happening with our depth.

The 76ers are a runner up to me but with the lost of their coach the plot twist isn't as thick to me.

What do y'all think?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Boston!

Battle of the young guns. I like it. Teague vs Rondo (reverse teams), Chemistry vs Depth, Young (playoff coach) vs Young(up and coming), something about going against the green... There's alot of nuances in there as well so I like it!

Call me old school but Boston is always THE rival.  I understand the thought that they don't look at us as a rival, but that's just because we haven't beaten them in any meaningful way yet.  But then, we haven't beaten anyone really.  So I go back to who I hate the most and that becomes the rival.  So it's Boston at the top for me. 

In terms of who the team considers their "rival," I would agree that it probably hasn't been established yet.  So maybe we go divisional and say Miami or Orlando or Washington.  But with the way the NBA does scheduling and with player movement so prevalent, there just doesn't seem to be any natural rivalries like Braves vs rest of NL East or Falcons vs Saints. 

If they played more often you could almost go with Hawks / Mavs as rivals due to the Trae / Luka connection, but even though the fanbases don't seem to like the other, the players seem to genuinely like one another so that kind of takes the sting out of it.  

• Like 4

Before we have a rivalry with top 3 teams we should beat last spots playoff teams. I think our rival could be Orlando, Indiana or Washington. Orlando is a team that reall is a bad fit for us, they are really tough and have good defense. Indiana is another team that will be close with us. Washington with Westbrook and Beal could be ahead of us, they have also good pieces on Bryant, Bertans, Advija, Brown, Hachimura, Wagner... I will chose Orlando as our main rival. I was impressed with Fultz and Gordon, Vucevic is a great player, is going to be tough to beat them

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You could make a case for the 'Zards.  Both on outside looking in to the playoff picture.  Basically vying for the same position.  Same division.  All that.

Not a real rival. In the NBA, you gotta be a good team. We will only get a rival, if we are good. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Call me old school but Boston is always THE rival.  I understand the thought that they don't look at us as a rival, but that's just because we haven't beaten them in any meaningful way yet.  But then, we haven't beaten anyone really.  So I go back to who I hate the most and that becomes the rival.  So it's Boston at the top for me. 

In terms of who the team considers their "rival," I would agree that it probably hasn't been established yet.  So maybe we go divisional and say Miami or Orlando or Washington.  But with the way the NBA does scheduling and with player movement so prevalent, there just doesn't seem to be any natural rivalries like Braves vs rest of NL East or Falcons vs Saints. 

If they played more often you could almost go with Hawks / Mavs as rivals due to the Trae / Luka connection, but even though the fanbases don't seem to like the other, the players seem to genuinely like one another so that kind of takes the sting out of it.  

Old school 

• Haha 1