• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Predicted seeds for the Eastern conference.

Peoriabird

I think Toronto is making the playoffs ahead of us and I would not delete from the race Orlando.

Is great to have finally some positive atmosphere but this team will have his ups and downs, is too young and I have a lot of doubts about the coach.

I think we finish 7th or 8th on the east and win 2 games on the first round series. Is hard to envision taking Westbrook or Indiana out of the playoff race but who knows...

1) Brooklyn. Too much talent top to bottom on this team. They will blitz the East during the regular season and self implode in the playoffs. Next season look out though.

2) Boston. I hate to say it, and but they look well coached and have a ton of emerging talent. Not a deep team, but once in the the playoffs I trust their main rotation more than others.

3) Bucks. When your best player cannot be trusted at the FT line to ice games, that's a huge red flag. They will collect W's but it wont lead to the promised land.

4) Philly. They will be much better than people give them credit for. Doc will coach this team to big things, I can see them finish in top 3 possibly.

5) Miami. They are not a regular season team, they will be up and down. Come postseason they could still make the ECF easily.

6) Toronto. Until proven otherwise, this franchise will continue to overachieve due coaching, depth, and toughness. Wont count them out of making noise in playoffs either 

7) Hawks. Lucky 7.  East is going to be tougher than people think. 7-10 are all evenly matched if you ask me. We will climb, but their is a lot of talent, chemistry, and coaching in front of us. We could be higher or lower when its said and done.

8 ) Indiana. Their starting 5 is as strong as anyones. Chemistry bodes well for regular season. They will stumble in playoffs

9) Wizards.  Westbrook will play them in to the playoffs and defeat Indy in the play in round.

10) Orlando. These guys are underrated and have been competitive for quite some time. They will give us all they can during the regular season and playoffs. They have just enough talent at the right positions to give us fits.

11) Charlotte

12) Knicks

13) Bulls

14) Cavs

15) Detroit

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

1) Brooklyn. Too much talent top to bottom on this team. They will blitz the East during the regular season and self implode in the playoffs. Next season look out though.

2) Boston. I hate to say it, and but they look well coached and have a ton of emerging talent. Not a deep team, but once in the the playoffs I trust their main rotation more than others.

3) Bucks. When your best player cannot be trusted at the FT line to ice games, that's a huge red flag. They will collect W's but it wont lead to the promised land.

4) Philly. They will be much better than people give them credit for. Doc will coach this team to big things, I can see them finish in top 3 possibly.

5) Miami. They are not a regular season team, they will be up and down. Come postseason they could still make the ECF easily.

6) Toronto. Until proven otherwise, this franchise will continue to overachieve due coaching, depth, and toughness. Wont count them out of making noise in playoffs either 

7) Hawks. Lucky 7.  East is going to be tougher than people think. 7-10 are all evenly matched if you ask me. We will climb, but their is a lot of talent, chemistry, and coaching in front of us. We could be higher or lower when its said and done.

8 ) Indiana. Their starting 5 is as strong as anyones. Chemistry bodes well for regular season. They will stumble in playoffs

9) Wizards.  Westbrook will play them in to the playoffs and defeat Indy in the play in round.

10) Orlando. These guys are underrated and have been competitive for quite some time. They will give us all they can during the regular season and playoffs. They have just enough talent at the right positions to give us fits.

11) Charlotte

12) Knicks

13) Bulls

14) Cavs

15) Detroit

East is deep this year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, gurpilo said:

I think Toronto is making the playoffs ahead of us and I would not delete from the race Orlando.

Is great to have finally some positive atmosphere but this team will have his ups and downs, is too young and I have a lot of doubts about the coach.

I think we finish 7th or 8th on the east and win 2 games on the first round series. Is hard to envision taking Westbrook or Indiana out of the playoff race but who knows...

Toronto is well coached but they have questionable personnel. Lowry and Van fleet are nice players but are undersized while Sakam is to me overrated. Losing Ibaka and Gasol will definitely hurt.  Maybe they replace Indy as the 7th or 8th seed but they are not as talented as the Hawks.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

No prediction on seeding in the Eastern Conference, but I'll say the Hawks will finish somewhere in between 7 and 10.

If Cam Reddish can play in control and within himself, there might be more upside though.

Should add, continues to do what he did vs the Bulls and the final games of 19/20.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hace 34 minutos, Peoriabird dijo:

Toronto is well coached but they have questionable personnel. Lowry and Van fleet are nice players but are undersized while Sakam is to me overrated. Losing Ibaka and Gasol will definitely hurt.  Maybe they replace Indy as the 7th or 8th seed but they are not as talented as the Hawks.

Ummm, Lowry and Van Fleet are real good players, Siakam as well, he is better than Collins to be honest. Norman Powell, Anunoby, Terrence Davis, Baynes and Boucher are also good players. They are not as deep as us but they have vets that know how to play and win games. Is going to be hard to beat them, we are extremely talented, that is true but we are so far from our peak point that is unrealistic to think we are better than them.

Think other way if we are top 5 on the east now... In 3 years we would the clear dominant force on the east for the next 5 years.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, gurpilo said:

Ummm, Lowry and Van Fleet are real good players, Siakam as well, he is better than Collins to be honest. Norman Powell, Anunoby, Terrence Davis, Baynes and Boucher are also good players. They are not as deep as us but they have vets that know how to play and win games. Is going to be hard to beat them, we are extremely talented, that is true but we are so far from our peak point that is unrealistic to think we are better than them.

Think other way if we are top 5 on the east now... In 3 years we would the clear dominant force on the east for the next 5 years.

I know that Per isn't everything but Toronto did not have a single player from this year's roster with a per over 17 last year including Siakam, Lowry and Van Fleet.

• Thanks 2

hace 15 minutos, Peoriabird dijo:

I know that Per isn't everything but Toronto did not have a single player from this year's roster with a per over 17 last year including Siakam, Lowry and Van Fleet.

Well, the only important departure is Ibaka, Gasol was awful last year. Boucher and Baynes are adequate replacements. I don't know about their PER but they won a lot with the same team last year. I agree they are not better but I don't think they are worst. Baynes is better than Gasol, age matters and Boucher is up and coming player not so worst than Ibaka.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, gurpilo said:

Well, the only important departure is Ibaka, Gasol was awful last year. Boucher and Baynes are adequate replacements. I don't know about their PER but they won a lot with the same team last year. I agree they are not better but I don't think they are worst. Baynes is better than Gasol, age matters and Boucher is up and coming player not so worst than Ibaka.

I just think that they will be this years version of last year's Spurs team.  Again They could replace Indy but they aren't as talented as the Wizards or the Hawks

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

I disagree that Baynes and Bouchet are better than Gasol and Ibaka, particularly for a vet laden team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Now that the 1st round of games have been played I have a better idea of which teams have the right scheme and talent so here are my predictions.

1) New Jersey Nets

- After watching the Nets play, Steve Nash has successfully changed the culture and now the ball moves on offense.  Durants is now adapting more of a Lebron approach of getting his teammates better shots rather than iso plays.  They have the right combination of elite offensive players and shooters to score with any team.  Top seed

2) Milwaukee Bucks

- Great talent, good shooters but no elite scorers, very good coaching and defensive scheme.  1 superstar with limitations on offense.

3) Boston Celtics

- Great talent and coach, Tatum is looking like an elite offensive player now and he has a great supporting case but I'm reluctant to put them higher because the pieces of the team puzzle don't exactly fit together.  Plus they have a big hole at center.

4) Miami Heat

- Great coaching with great schemes, very good shooters but no real superstar.  The team isn't as talented as the other top 5 teams but they play well together

5) Philadelphia 76'er

- Great talent but doesn't really fit well together.  More of an iso team but Embiid is an elite offensive talent and Simmons is an elite defensive talent.  They are a wild card team and can compete with the top 4 if they find the secret sauce

6) Our very own Atlanta Hawks

-Young but talented team.  Schlenk has been very good with his drafting by not just finding talent but talent that fits together unlike Phlly and Boston.  Schlenk got a little lucky with Trae, Collins and Cam in that other scouts didn't think that those guy's game would translate so we got them at a discount.  Trae is an elite offensive player. Cam will be the prototype shooting guard with his length and quickness. Also his ability to handle the ball,  cut to the basket and his improved shooting will make him a better version of Paul George..  Hunter is a glue guy that every team needs...great shooter and will be a great anchor to the defense because he is big and strong and quick enough to guard the elite scorers in the league. John is a work in progress...He is already good at what he does because of his athleticism but is now seeking to improve in every phase of his game like as a weak side defender and hopefully playmaking.  Big O might be the final piece but we will have to wait and see but Capela serve as an adequate stand in for now as an elite rebounder and an better than average rim protector.  The team's depth might be enough to get them into the top 5.  If Trae plays like he did opening night the rest of the season, The Hawks will be a top 2 seed.

7) Indiana Pacers

- There is talent on this team but nothing approaching elite.  The team could struggle to make the playoffs this year  but probably will

8  The Washington Wizards

-This team will probably finish higher because they have 2 elite offensive players in Westbrook and Beal.  What Westbrook lacks in talent, he more than makes up in effort and desire.  If this team can manage to play any defense they will be the 7th seed or higher.

What do you guys think?

6, 7, 8 and Toronto maybe interchangeable.

Can the Hawks youth take that next step?

Can Dipo stay healthy for Indy?

Can Wedtbrook and Veal carry them on offense despite their defense as well as the team defense.

I wouldn't count out Toronto's veteran savvy, they'll need Siakam be the player that earne the max deal - he wasn't very good after the 1st month of last season and horrible in the bubble.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 9:24 PM, Peoriabird said:

Now that the 1st round of games have been played I have a better idea of which teams have the right scheme and talent so here are my predictions.

1) New Jersey Nets

- After watching the Nets play, Steve Nash has successfully changed the culture and now the ball moves on offense.  Durants is now adapting more of a Lebron approach of getting his teammates better shots rather than iso plays.  They have the right combination of elite offensive players and shooters to score with any team.  Top seed

2) Milwaukee Bucks

- Great talent, good shooters but no elite scorers, very good coaching and defensive scheme.  1 superstar with limitations on offense.

3) Boston Celtics

- Great talent and coach, Tatum is looking like an elite offensive player now and he has a great supporting case but I'm reluctant to put them higher because the pieces of the team puzzle don't exactly fit together.  Plus they have a big hole at center.

4) Miami Heat

- Great coaching with great schemes, very good shooters but no real superstar.  The team isn't as talented as the other top 5 teams but they play well together

5) Philadelphia 76'er

- Great talent but doesn't really fit well together.  More of an iso team but Embiid is an elite offensive talent and Simmons is an elite defensive talent.  They are a wild card team and can compete with the top 4 if they find the secret sauce

6) Our very own Atlanta Hawks

-Young but talented team.  Schlenk has been very good with his drafting by not just finding talent but talent that fits together unlike Phlly and Boston.  Schlenk got a little lucky with Trae, Collins and Cam in that other scouts didn't think that those guy's game would translate so we got them at a discount.  Trae is an elite offensive player. Cam will be the prototype shooting guard with his length and quickness. Also his ability to handle the ball,  cut to the basket and his improved shooting will make him a better version of Paul George..  Hunter is a glue guy that every team needs...great shooter and will be a great anchor to the defense because he is big and strong and quick enough to guard the elite scorers in the league. John is a work in progress...He is already good at what he does because of his athleticism but is now seeking to improve in every phase of his game like as a weak side defender and hopefully playmaking.  Big O might be the final piece but we will have to wait and see but Capela serve as an adequate stand in for now as an elite rebounder and an better than average rim protector.  The team's depth might be enough to get them into the top 5.  If Trae plays like he did opening night the rest of the season, The Hawks will be a top 2 seed.

7) Indiana Pacers

- There is talent on this team but nothing approaching elite.  The team could struggle to make the playoffs this year  but probably will

8  The Washington Wizards

-This team will probably finish higher because they have 2 elite offensive players in Westbrook and Beal.  What Westbrook lacks in talent, he more than makes up in effort and desire.  If this team can manage to play any defense they will be the 7th seed or higher.

What do you guys think?

Wow! Good piece!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, sillent said:

Wow! Good piece!!

Agreed.  Lots of thought and work involved.  Personally, after watching the current Hawk team, I am hopeful of not only making the playoffs but having home court for the first round.  This would mean 4th or better.  This may be a -too far- reach for our young lads, but I can dream, can't I ?

• Like 2