• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks after Lonzo?

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, txsting said:

We screwed up so badly not just taking the obvious Haliburton pick.  My goodness we would be set.  Why did nobody consult me or Gray Mule? 🙂

Screwed up?  You see a problem with the team now?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dejay said:

Jeff Blauser

I agree but back then if you remember we used an offensive/defensive lineup. He was the offensive guy, our defensive guy was Rafael Belliard who couldn’t get a hit to save his life, having said that he didn’t make many errors but his offense hurt me on the inside. 

• Like 1

https://theathletic.com/2468548/2021/03/22/lonzo-ball-in-atlanta-what-a-hawks-pelicans-trade-deadline-deal-could-look-like?source=user-shared-article

Kirchner and the Pels beat writer discussing the possibilities. Kirchner is in favor of the Hawks grabbing Alonzo and starting him at SG. Thinks he probably signs for around the contract JC turned down already -- 4 years $90 million.

Several different trade packages proposals, some including Reddish, some not. 

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Screwed up?  You see a problem with the team now?

I'm being overly dramatic, let's called it a missed opportunity?  Okongwu could be good but a bit redundant.  The best case for him is that he becomes starter quality and is blocked from getting starter minutes by JC and Capela.  

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, txsting said:

I'm being overly dramatic, let's called it a missed opportunity?  Okongwu could be good but a bit redundant.  The best case for him is that he becomes starter quality and is blocked from getting starter minutes by JC and Capela.  

At some point we have to be happy with this team.  It should be now but for some reason, It isn't.  The trade rumor/wish list amounts Hawk fans should be zero but it isn't .  Like someone already said, you'd think the Hawks were on an 8 game losing streak not the opposite.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, txsting said:

We screwed up so badly not just taking the obvious Haliburton pick.  My goodness we would be set.  Why did nobody consult me or Gray Mule? 🙂

Okongwu is going to be on all defensive NBA teams in due time. He’s got it. He is being brought along perfectly by us right now, he is watching and learning. He and Hunter watch very intently on the sidelines. When his opportunity comes he will be ready.

8 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Alonzo

Mckinnie? 😃 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

https://theathletic.com/2468548/2021/03/22/lonzo-ball-in-atlanta-what-a-hawks-pelicans-trade-deadline-deal-could-look-like?source=user-shared-article

Kirchner and the Pels beat writer discussing the possibilities. Kirchner is in favor of the Hawks grabbing Alonzo and starting him at SG. Thinks he probably signs for around the contract JC turned down already -- 4 years $90 million.

Several different trade packages proposals, some including Reddish, some not. 

Just stupid.  Are we going to get rid of Capela and John to become the 2019 Rockets?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, hazer said:

I’ve given up on Bruno. 2 years with no College Park screwed his timeline and it’s just too late for him and the Hawks 😕

If they give up, I understand. The pandemic messed him up. He should he in the G-League. I wished we went to the g-bubble. Maybe we would see a confident Bruno. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

At some point we have to be happy with this team.  It should be now but for some reason, It isn't.  The trade rumor/wish list amounts Hawk fans should be zero but it isn't .  Like someone already said, you'd think the Hawks were on an 8 game losing streak not the opposite.

It's not our fans fault. It's the Boston media. 

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

It's not our fans fault. It's the Boston media. 

I have to agreed with you there, Supers

I do not see any benefit of bring Ball here at all.  This team is winning, the owner is willing to go over LT and other stuff.  This is a dangerous game they are playing right now

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Anyone else just want to get Rondo on the first train out of here?  i can't imagine that his antics are resonating with our guys. 

Huh? But we are on an 8 game winning streak and playoff Rondo is still coming. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If they give up, I understand. The pandemic messed him up. He should he in the G-League. I wished we went to the g-bubble. Maybe we would see a confident Bruno. 

It’s not even confidence, there are too many mechanical issues with him. He would need more skill to stay on the NBA level. He’s not it.

• Like 1