• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks after Lonzo?

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Lavar has not been in the media in ages, and definitely has not done anything to interfere with his sons since LaMelo was approaching the draft.

I don't know about that one.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/18/lavar-ball-wants-pelicans-to-trade-lonzo-ball-cant-stay/

“I don’t know what [the Pelicans] are going to do. I hope he’s traded, though,” the controversial father said on Los Angeles radio Thursday. “I don’t like watching the way that he’s playing. … He can’t stay in New Orleans. C’mon man.’’

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

So the National media thinks that we would rather pay Ball who is a point guard and a duplication of what we have rather than pay John Collins who is our starting power forward with no one on the team who can replace him.  Please Travis...Stop the madness.  Say something and stop taking these stupid phone calls

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Will the Pelicans play Ball with Lonzo?

There’s skepticism around the league that the Pelicans will move Lonzo Ball ahead of the deadline, but that won’t stop teams from trying. League sources say the Bulls and Hawks are both in pursuit. Chicago has offered Tomas Satoransky and second-round picks, but New Orleans is asking for at least one good first-round pick or a young player. Talks with Atlanta have revolved around Cam Reddish.

New Orleans’s leverage is dinged by the fact both Chicago and Atlanta will have cap space to make an expensive offer to Ball this offseason. If the Pelicans wait, they might be able to sign-and-trade Ball to a wider list of teams during the offseason. But they’d also be at risk of losing him for nothing or be forced to match a contract more pricey than they’d like.

Ball would be an excellent fit in Chicago or Atlanta alongside either team’s one-time All-Star guard, Zach LaVine or Trae Young. Ball is a low-usage playmaker who makes quick decisions and could better balance each offense with his ability to facilitate or play off the ball. This season, Ball is averaging 14.2 points on 38.5 percent shooting from 3 with 5.6 assists and 4.2 rebounds. He’s also playing the most consistent defense on a New Orleans team that can’t get regular stops.

Lonzo Ball is not a 2 guard!  What in H-ll are they talking about?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Im not as attached to Cam do it's not a huge deal for me. My only complaints are 1) that it sucks that Pelicans management is being so cheap with their franchise, as Lonzo and Zion are a great fit. They dont want to pay Lonzo and that's why they want to move him

2) We already saw what Cam and Zion look like together, and it wasn't great for Cam. With Ingram on the roster he would be the 3rd option AT BEST if he reached his potential, so basically a re hash of his situation at Duke.

3) Lonzo's fit with us this year would be weird. Who's playing time would he get is my question.

Other than that Im fine with it. Lonzo is a much better player now, and he has turned his career around much in the same way people are hoping and praying Cam will one day. Lavar has not been in the media in ages, and definitely has not done anything to interfere with his sons since LaMelo was approaching the draft.

I wouldn't be mad either way.

What are u talking about? Lavar was just in the media saying that "Lonzo can't stand New Orleans"

We just got rid of a coach who pissed people off and now u want a guy like Lavar here? I'm not sure if some of you are being serious

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

What are u talking about? Lavar was just in the media saying that "Lonzo can't stand New Orleans"

We just got rid of a coach who pissed people off and now u want a guy like Lavar here? I'm not sure if some of you are being serious

No one cares what LaVar says. His boys are adults now.

• Like 2

Just now, bleachkit said:

No one cares what LaVar says. His boys are adults now.

He is a distraction plain and simple. He starts getting on the airwaves talking about "Lonzo needs to take Trae's place blah blah blah" will definitely have an affect on this team. Whether u believe it or not players in this generation pay attention to that shit

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Doubt this happens... if it does, it tells me there's a good reason the Hawks FO doesn't believe Cam will develop.  My guess is Hawks are being thrown around as a smoke screen to help drive Lonzo's value up.

If the trade happens, I won't be THAT upset, Lonzo has shown a lot of good stuff the past year and a half.  I will be upset that I can't wear my Cam jersey anymore 

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m not trading Cam for 2 reasons.

1. I still love him and think he’s gonna be great. @NBASupes and I..

2. I bought his jersey 2 months after the draft. 😂 

LoL, I bought his MLK jersey Shirt & have not even worn it yet.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

I was hyping  a Lonzo deal immediately after the YouTube workout video showed up w/ Trae in the offseason.

But given the binary choice presented, I'm still a Cam guy.

And. From where I sit, Lonzo is more of a Huerter replacement than he is a Cam replacement... fwiw.

5 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

With Snells’s emergence ... this is really Intriguing ... a nice defensive pass first point guard that can pair with or replace Trae for certain minutes of the game ... we can dump Rondo too 

That's what I'm saying. This is chance to take care of the back up point guard position. Rondo hasnt played well and Dunn hasnt played at all.

Lonzo would be a nice fit if his shooting keeps up. He can play next to Trae and run point when Trae rests. I would be sad to trade Cam before he really gets a chance to develop, though. Plus I don’t think it makes sense from a money perspective.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

New Orleans’s leverage is dinged by the fact both Chicago and Atlanta will have cap space to make an expensive offer to Ball this offseason.

This makes no sense since the Hawks does not have capspace. 

Hawks don't want to pay Collins but will play Ball a PG, when Trae is our starting PG and due for his early extension this offseaon. So we're gonna have $47+ million tied up in the PG spot?

• Like 4

If this is true, pull the trigger Schlenk.  And don't even blink when you do it.

Getting Lonzo, a guy who is a big PG who can play both guard positions, defend both positions, pass almost as well as Trae, and shoot the 3 around 40%, would be a move that potentially elevates us to Conference Finals status.

When you talk about someone who could FINALLY get Trae some open looks off of spot up 3s, this is the guy who could do it.

This is a no brainer.

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Lonzo Ball is not a 2 guard!  What in H-ll are they talking about?

He can play both positions with no problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If this is true, pull the trigger Schlenk.  And don't even blink when you do it.

Getting Lonzo, a guy who is a big PG who can play both guard positions, defend both positions, pass almost as well as Trae, and shoot the 3 around 40%, would be a move that potentially elevates us to Conference Finals status.

When you talk about someone who could FINALLY get Trae some open looks off of spot up 3s, this is the guy who could do it.

This is a no brainer.

I agree, but is it just a rental?