• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What must Embiid do to get kicked out of a game?

Diesel

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I was listening to QRich talk about the almost fight.  He said.. things have changed.   In other words, Embiid was sposed to get more than a tech.   He also noted that Clint didn't get involved.  Damnit, Solo can't be our only enforcer.  Hell Bruno got of the bench to get involved and Clint was standing right there and didn't??

Teams beat up on us because there's no immediate repercussions.    It's like when Randle hit Trae with the ball going into the half.   Coming out of the half, there should have been somebody willing to miss a game to send a message.   The only ones who seem to have that in their DNA is Solo and Heurter.   We need Red Velvet.  

But Im noticing that Embiid doesn't mind doing the dirty work because he realizes that he's the star of his team and he wont be kicked out. 

Forget about Nate's calm teaching.  Sometimes it takes Thuggery to gain respect.   We gotta make them put some respect on our name!

I respect that Nate preaches discipline when it comes to all of the shenanigans, but sometimes you have to react to get the officials to take notice. Guys are taking elbows to the face and tackles like they are common fouls and the refs are treating them as such. Even Hubie said Simmons was not even attempting to get over Bogi's screen. I'm not saying get ejected. Just quickly get up and get in the offender's face. That should at least prompt the refs to review the previous play. I'm also fully on board with releasing the the Goon (Solo) to get some payback like he did during the Knicks series. Normally I don't condone that at all, but some of this stuff from Philly is just as egregious as what the Knicks were doing in the 1st Round. Both Collins and Bogi could easily be out for the Playoffs or even longer from their dirty play.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

It’s bad for the ratings, it’ll kill us. Memo to refs, DO NOT KICK OUT EMBIID!

Sincerely,

The guy who signs your checks,

Adam 🐍 Sliver (no I spelled it right)

Yeah... Somebody ought to do an expose' on what the league does to promote itself vs. the integrity of the game.  It's not a game of constants.  The NBA (Since Bird/Magic) has been trying to build a league on star power.   IN doing so, you allow stars to be immune to the rules that everybody else has to follow.   Stern knew this and is why he'd never call out Jordan's gambling publickly.  It's why Kobe's rape charge went away quietly.   It's why Shaq and Magic's fondness for the women were never made public.  It's why Lebron can use Steroids and never be called on it.  It's why Embiid can have his way with the referees.   It's why KD never gets called out for being a weirdo. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Fkng baby.  You led the league in fta's, bish.  What more do you want, crybaby?

I wish I’d known you in grade school. You were prolly a delight! :clap: You remind me of.. well my friends and I. Not bullies by any means but rather bullies to the bullies. :indifferent: :er:

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

If we are going to lose game seven I sincerely hope Nate gives our guys permission to chop block Flopiid so many times we tear his knee out. Real talk. I can't stand how he has flagrantly gotten away with committing so many flagrant and technical fouls and not ONCE thrown out of the game or even gotten a foul called on him. 

So if we are deep in game seven and we aren't going to win, well, time to let Solo, JC, Clint and whoever else take turns chop blocking Flopiid's knee until he's out for the season. Karma's a bitch.

15 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

It’s bad for the ratings, it’ll kill us. Memo to refs, DO NOT KICK OUT EMBIID!

Sincerely,

The guy who signs your checks,

Adam 🐍 Sliver (no I spelled it right)

I've thought this the entire series. He could give a running forearm to Collins like Manny Fernandez back in the day and the refs are going to do their best Helen Keller impersonation. 

Best believe that an edict was passed down to not kick Embiid or Howard out no matter if they're both playing football on the court. And with Brooklyn losing last night, another one will be sent down not to even call them for a foul tonight in order to save their NE viewership for the rest of the playoffs.

A lot for the Hawks to overcome. We'll see if they can soon enough..

• Like 1

• Moderators

It is some major league BS to watch Embiid shove our bigs with two hands and then flop when the ball gets to him on minimal contact and get that foul call.  Just want the refs to call the game based on what is done in the play and not who does it.  Been hoping for that for 40 years and still see the same Star call garbage, though.

• Thanks 3

Shouldn’t this be a fine at the end where he says he was hacked all night? What a wuss.

Joel Embiid pointed out what he felt was a difference in officiating following the Philadelphia 76ers' 104-99 win over the Atlanta Hawks in Game 6, especially during a skirmish between him and John Collins.

"I just felt like it wasn't called both ways, especially because of the minimal contact that they get on the point guard, and when it comes to us, we don't get the same thing," Embiid said after the game. "So I just want it called both ways. If you're going to call something like nothing on their point guard, it should be the same way and call the same thing [for] me when I get -- if I get -- touched."

Both Embiid and Collins were called for technical fouls with 4:03 left in the fourth quarter, with Embiid originally called for an offensive foul. Embiid felt that Trae Young should have also been called for a foul on the play for pushing him from behind.

Embiid took four free throws in the game. The Sixers had 23 free throws, while the Hawks finished with 24 free throws.

No Sixers starter took a free throw through the first three quarters.

"I was hacked all night, and I don't think I was on the free throw line until I got to the fourth quarter and all that stuff. So it was questionable, but we got the win. That's all that matters," added Embiid, who finished the game with 22 points and 13 rebounds.

• Confused 1

These playoffs have made me hate players that I’ve never paid any attention to. I legit can’t stand Randle or Embiid. You got Randle playing dirty cuz he was getting his ass whooped then every time you turn around this big 280lb player is flopping all over the place and falling on his ass begging for calls. F*** em.

• Like 2