• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Take a bow, *General* Schlenk

sturt

16 hours ago, sturt said:

If this actually happens, it should end any conversation or debate out there in terms of who won that trade.

As you all know, I was fervently against a full-scale rebuild, for fear of how poorly the previous Hawk regimes did with cap space and draft picks. I thought that Schlenk would do no better than Pete Babcock or Billy Knight. I was wrong. Dead wrong.

He is the best GM the Hawks have ever had on its payroll. It's not even close...

• Like 2

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, AHF said:

That trade was a win for both teams, imo.  They drafted #3 and #5 and ended up with the two best players in a very strong draft class.  The debate as to who won the trade is kind of artificial drama to me because they both won this draft.  The losers were the teams that passed on these two or who had a chance to trade up and opted to hold their cards and pick Bamba or Carter or something.

If Dallas falls apart and loses Luka, I think you will be able to look back and do a deep dive on a long list of things that went wrong with 20/20 hindsight.  Looking at this today, both Dallas and Atlanta should be very happy.

Craziest thing about this draft class is how no one talks about Ayton very much and the Suns are looking like they might be in the finals this year.  Ayton is so good and he is getting better every single game.  When all is said and done, I could see him still being #1 in a redraft just because of how valuable defensive bigs with offensive skillsets are.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Craziest thing about this draft class is how no one talks about Ayton very much and the Suns are looking like they might be in the finals this year.  Ayton is so good and he is getting better every single game.  When all is said and done, I could see him still being #1 in a redraft just because of how valuable defensive bigs with offensive skillsets are.

Ayton is very good.  Perfect as the #3 option for Phoenix.  I don't think a team with him as their best player would be sniffing the conference finals but put Chris Paul and Devin Booker out there with a bevy of quality wings and you have the Suns reaching new heights.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

Ayton is very good.  Perfect as the #3 option for Phoenix.  I don't think a team with him as their best player would be sniffing the conference finals but put Chris Paul and Devin Booker out there with a bevy of quality wings and you have the Suns reaching new heights.

Yeah, 100%, I just could see him continuing to improve into a guy that is a #1/2 option while being a huge positive on defense as the anchor.  Centers don't really come out of the draft as ready as guards

• Moderators
On 6/22/2021 at 4:21 PM, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, 100%, I just could see him continuing to improve into a guy that is a #1/2 option while being a huge positive on defense as the anchor.  Centers don't really come out of the draft as ready as guards

I wouldn't trade Trae for him but I'd trade a lot of other #1 picks for him.

• Like 3