2021 Atlanta Hawks Summer League Thread

NBASupes

• Moderators

Put themselves in position to win for the second game in a row despite themselves (and the FTA disparity replacing Sunday's 3FGA disparity). This time they got it out the mud!

Great shot, Shcoop!

Go Summerhawks!

~lw3

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Schlenk on the Rooks:

“What Jalen showed us in the first game is he just has a natural knack for the game, some of the cuts he made off the ball to the basket, being able to put the ball on the floor, get to the basket, finish,” Schlenk said. “But also the ability to pass the ball, he’s got really good ball skills for a player his size. And then obviously defensively, he’ll go rebound and you saw a couple shot blocks. So versatility on the offensive (side), being able to play inside, outside, and on the defensive end.

“(Sharife) obviously showed his playmaking ability as well with his creativity passing the basketball, which we knew coming into it. I think what he’s going to have to learn is to not hold the ball so long and to make quicker decisions. He’s used to being able to run the clock down and being able to make a play at the shot clock, but that’s going to be harder, an adjustment for him up here. I think being able to make quicker decisions, that’s going to be important for him, and obviously working on his perimeter shot. That’s a big part of, if you’re going to be a small guard in the NBA, you’ve got to be able to score the ball.”

Hawks GM Travis Schlenk on star-hunting, free agency moves and the offseason – The Athletic

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Sharife "Young PointGawd" Cooper

Can we go ahead and give him the last spot please...I dont want another team to scoop him up somehow...lol

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, Cwell said:

Sharife is a dawg. This aint your normal 2nd rounder

Fools was mad I had him as the #7 overall prospect. He's a monster. 

8 minutes ago, terrell said:

Can we go ahead and give him the last spot please...I dont want another team to scoop him up somehow...lol

No one can just come a scoop him up since he's on a two-way. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

??? Who is Mike?

I’m only kidding. A friend of mine who is a Warrior fan. My crazy mind has a conspiracy theory that he’s following me on basketball sites :laugh1: So because you said you were getting a cap ..

• Haha 1