• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Perma-Nate (Report: Nate/Hawks agree on deal)

kg01

10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Kinda hate that Hunt is not coming back. I guess Nate wants  his own staff and no hold overs from LP.

Addition by subtraction.

My first impression of Pierce was tarnished when I saw he hired Hunt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Addition by subtraction.

My first impression of Pierce was tarnished when I saw he hired Hunt.

Honestly my priorities.

Sign Collins

Sign 2 vets

Cut Melvin Hunt

Go to St. Croix 🏝 and have fun.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

lmao I don't remember seeing this last year.  Every single player on the team is just casually rehydrating while he throws a tantrum.  I said it in another thread but this type of outrage/theatrics is not how you motivate players to be the best versions of themselves, especially a team this young.  Need more positivity/encouragement to build confidence.

I remember that - all the talk was about the chair almost hitting Trae, lololol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

Looks like Trae and especially Cam are probably glad he's gone,  lol.

I guess Nate got his hands on that police report after all...

*Ring ring*

This is 911 - what is your emergency?

???: I'd like to report a crime - assault and battery.

911: Can you describe what happened?

???: Yes, I was minding my own business watching the game when all of a sudden I heard loud yelling. Next thing I know, I'm getting wailed on and thrown halfway across the arena. I think one of my legs is broken.

911: Can you describe who did this?

???: Yes, it was a tall black man on the Atlanta Hawks coaching staff. His name is Melvin Hunt.

911: What is your location? 

???: State Farm Arena.

911: We are contacting the arena's security now - the police are on their way. So they know who to look for, can you describe yourself?

???: I'm about a foot tall, black, and am apparently good for sitting on - although I'm not quite sure how that keeps happening...

911: Excuse me, what? I don't think I heard you right. Can you repeat that?

???: I'm a chair, sir.

911:

giphy.webp

Edited by TheTruth
  • Haha 4

• Moderators
23 hours ago, TheTruth said:

I guess Nate got his hands on that police report after all...

*Ring ring*

This is 911 - what is your emergency?

???: I'd like to report a crime - assault and battery.

911: Can you describe what happened?

???: Yes, I was minding my own business watching the game when all of a sudden I heard loud yelling. Next thing I know, I'm getting wailed on and thrown halfway across the arena. I think one of my legs is broken.

911: Can you describe who did this?

???: Yes, it was a tall black man on the Atlanta Hawks coaching staff. His name is Melvin Hunt.

911: What is your location? 

???: State Farm Arena.

911: We are contacting the arena's security now - the police are on their way. So they know who to look for, can you describe yourself?

???: I'm about a foot tall, black, and am apparently good for sitting on - although I'm not quite sure how that keeps happening...

911: Excuse me, what? I don't think I heard you right. Can you repeat that?

???: I'm a chair, sir.

911:

giphy.webp

First he checks Yi Jianlian in his draft workouts and then he gets assaulted by an assistant coach.  Poor guy.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, AHF said:

First he checks Yi Jianlian in his draft workouts and then he gets assaulted by an assistant coach.  Poor guy.

I admire yours and @TheTruth commitment on this. 😆

On another note, were y'all ever able to get the shakes guy onto the squawk?  Just wondering.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I admire yours and @TheTruth commitment on this. 😆

On another note, were y'all ever able to get the shakes guy onto the squawk?  Just wondering.

I've not been in direct contact with shakes but Squawk is open for business as far as registering new users.

32 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Not sure if this is posted but Nate's press conference.

My favorite part is around 42 minutes when he starts discussing the potential of the team and he just lights up..lol

He starts discussing potential at 40:40.  You can tell he's never had a player like Trae by how he talks about him. 

• Like 1

The youtube version for those with a preference.

What I liked, I didn't know (or I forgot) that he coached with Coach K on the National Team. He was there from 06-12, which were some of the most important performances of the modern day Program.

I like Pop, I think he is a HoF'er and all that. But there seems to be a rigidness to his style and system that has started to show up in even his assistants like Bud and Bruce Brown in Philly. Pop hasn't shown what he can do without Tim Duncan. He was a part of Kawhi's discord with the organization, etc...( not to mention his loyalty to LP)

Coach K however, he is an amazing coach. Guys like Lebron and Kobe, who never played for him in college, give coach K a ton of credit. 

Nate credited the whole fist analogy to K. How having talent didn't matter if it didn't work together as unit. It's all cliche but Nate was able to pull that out of our players. No matter who was injured, he would get the 5 guys on the court to work as one. That's going to be huge for us when it comes to utilizing all of the talent on the roster.

• Like 2