• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks are your NBA but where do they rank

Spud2nique

• Moderators

Hawks (definitely spend the most time watching and following them so I'm putting them first on that basis)

UK basketball

UGA football

Falcons

Braves

Root for Atlanta United, other UGA sports, etc. but don't actively follow any of them.  Very casual.

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Whose your fav of all time at the house of Ashley Judd? 

Like @bird_dirt, I had a Rex Chapman poster on the wall back in the 80's but I don't think I have a straight favorite player.  Jamal Mashburn, Travis Ford, Tony Delk, Anthony Davis, and Walter McCarty were some of my very favorites.  The Pitino era is the one I've enjoyed the most.  They were incredibly fun to follow and watch and were the last time UK had a mix of elite young players and strong upper classmen.  Still think he made a mistake ever leaving the school only to flop in the NBA and take some extreme steps to try to recreate his success at UK at a lower profile rival.

Coming out of the Eddie Sutton mess and the down years that followed, it was an absolute joy to watch them overcome the talent deficit with the Unforgettables and then rise to champions with the Untouchables.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AHF said:

Like @bird_dirt, I had a Rex Chapman poster on the wall back in the 80's but I don't think I have a straight favorite player.  Jamal Mashburn, Travis Ford, Tony Delk, Anthony Davis, and Walter McCarty were some of my very favorites.  The Pitino era is the one I've enjoyed the most.  They were incredibly fun to follow and watch and were the last time UK had a mix of elite young players and strong upper classmen.  Still think he made a mistake ever leaving the school only to flop in the NBA and take some extreme steps to try to recreate his success at UK at a lower profile rival.

Coming out of the Eddie Sutton mess and the down years that followed, it was an absolute joy to watch them overcome the talent deficit with the Unforgettables and then rise to champions with the Untouchables.

I liked Chuckwagon Hayes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Mash Mashburn was so awesome. 

Ant Davis was on a whole other level of amazing. My second favorite player on that team was Darius Miller, he held the young guys' ish together.  I also really liked MKG. Bummed he hasn't done better. 

I really liked Ulis a lot, hoped for more from him in the pros, but he's pretty small. I was real big on Quickley.

Didn't really watch this past year. 

My first fav was Sam Bowie. That's when I got indoctrinated into BBN.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Dejay said:

Falcons (yes, I have some healing to do)

Damn man I wish I met y’all in 89. Lol. I’d prolly just be a Falcons fan and have the trifecta in the Hawks, Braves and Falcons alas I’ll probably never leave the Lions. You really should get a pass though as a kid following the player you love in Barry Sanders vs the incredibly horrible organization top to bottom. :cray2:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

I also really liked MKG.

Ya me too. I thought he was gonna be one of those 5 tool type guys that does a bit of everything. He seemed so much more versatile at Kentucky but when he hit the NBA he kinda didn’t adjust on the offense end at all.

Is he still in the league? 

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I liked Chuckwagon Hayes.

Absolutely.   Loved him and was thrilled to see how well his career turned out in the NBA.  Really carved out a place for himself despite his limited size and ummm..... creative stroke from the line.

14 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

I really liked Ulis a lot, hoped for more from him in the pros, but he's pretty small. I was real big on Quickley.

We would have won another championship if Ulis had been allowed to start as a freshman.  Sticking with Andrew Harrison as the starter was a big mistake.  Harrison just wasn't a real playmaker like Ulis.

12 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya me too. I thought he was gonna be one of those 5 tool type guys that does a bit of everything. He seemed so much more versatile at Kentucky but when he hit the NBA he kinda didn’t adjust on the offense end at all.

Is he still in the league? 

He seems to have run his course which is sad given his gifts.  Injury issues combined with a lack of development on offense.  Was cut by Dallas two years ago and hasn't played since.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

despite his limited size and ummm..... creative stroke from the line.

:laugh: ya talk about “not letting it fly”… the hell is he doing with that thing before he flings it. Almost like wines 🍷 and dines 🍽 the ball too much. 

• Moderators
Just now, Spud2nique said:

:laugh: ya talk about “not letting it fly”… the hell is he doing with that thing before he flings it. Almost like wines 🍷 and dines 🍽 the ball too much. 

He used to draw a lot of lane violation on his attempts as guys went in too early.  :laugh:

chuck hayes free throw on Make a GIF

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

He used to draw a lot of lane violation on his attempts as guys went in too early.  :laugh:

chuck hayes free throw on Make a GIF

My question is why his lower body and pelvic area swing back and kinda curl while he shoots it. Wow. That looks incredibly uncomfortable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

My question is why his lower body and pelvic area swing back and kinda curl while he shoots it. Wow. That looks incredibly uncomfortable.

My response was...what in tarnation was that? Lolololol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

My response was...what in tarnation was that? Lolololol.

:laugh1: This is me recruiting kg after being inspired by the Hayes “thrust”. 

ps I love this frickin song.

RUN KG RUN 🏃‍♀️!!!! #recruitment #thrustinme :indifferent:

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Falcons

Hawks 

Braves

Though the Hawks are definitely right there about to overtake the Falcons unless the Arthur Smith era turns that turd of a franchise around.

There are a lot of people who put the Falcons ahead of the Hawks.  Makes me get the feelin I’m hangin out with a bunch of x jock fullbacks in a basketball 🏀 spectrum. :upsidedown:

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

There are a lot of people who put the Falcons ahead of the Hawks.  Makes me get the feelin I’m hangin out with a bunch of x jock fullbacks in a basketball 🏀 spectrum. :upsidedown:

Never played football in my life, always played basketball, but I just find the product on the floor on the whole more appealing in the NFL than in the NBA.  The limited amount of games make every single one feel vital, while in the NBA about a third or more of the games are literally just teams going through the motions. In general I'm not a huge fan the direction of the league has taken since MJ retired, first with ISO ball, and now with the three point barrage, and superstars doing whatever they want requesting trades when they are not catered too, or taking games off because they just don't fell like playing that day. not to mention the insane officiating bias we are always on the wrong end off (happens in the NFL too, but to a lesser degree imo). Then add in the fact the Hawks have been a middling franchise that in their highest moments were never really contenders to win a championship while on the other hand, say what you want about the recent Falcons blunders and lost seasons, but during the majority of the Matt Ryan/Julio era it felt like we were right there for a championship, and it's easy to say for me that the Falcons have been a bigger source of excitement and anticipation for me. Of course this recent unprecedentand Hawks run was amazing, and the playoff run in particular was the most exciting thing I've ever seen an Atlanta team do on par with the 2016 Falcons run before it all came crashing down in a quarter and change, and naturally because it ended less catastrophically this Hawks run has left a much better taste and lots of excitement for the team going forward... If they build on the season and become perennial contenders anything outside of the Falcons going out and winning a championship or two will dethrone the Hawks from the throne of my attention. 

• Like 1