• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rooting for Bud and Teague to get a ring?

Spud2nique

8 hours ago, AHF said:

Agree.  Wish we could have gotten him but that is something to hold against Larry Drew and not him.  He is a star who has done it all the right way.  Like him way better than a nut puncher like Chris Paul for sure (who I also wish we would have drafted and don't hold that against him).

9 hours ago, AHF said:

With Phoenix, I'm rooting for them because of Devin Booker.  Loved watching him at UK and had really hoped the Hawks could get him in the draft. 

Two picks away from Giannis (2013) and Book (2015) - both of whom I wanted - not to mention CP3!!    😢

Actually, it was one pick away from Giannis (Thanks LD)

Edited by lynred
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I had to check in and hadn’t heard from you in a min :smile:

Haha.  Thanks buddy.  We have recently moved and it has taken up most of my time.  Glad to be missed.  The delayed burn for the Kontract comment a while back was a nice touch.  😆

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Diesel said:

When the game looks back and see he did the same for OKC, Houston, and every other team he played for...  the game will recognize him as one of the top 3 PGs to ever play the game. 

Right now Top 5 (modern) are:

1.  Magic

2.  Isiah

3. Stockton

4. CP3

5. Nash

I adore all 3 of the guys you have before CP3.  I gotta go with that little bastard #1 tho.  

Pound for pound none of them can match his combination of shooting, defense, longevity, and his assist to turnover ratio (virtually 4 to 1!) that I still don’t quite believe.  He’s called The Point God with good reason.  As awesome as Magic was his size was at the foundation of his rebounds, steals, and vision.  CP3 is all heart and head.

Off topic but compare LaMelo and Magic’s rookie seasons.  Eerily similar…

I thought Jimmy Butler had the best offensive/ defensive rating for any player I’ve followed/ studied (120/ 106) until CP3 made my eyes pop with 123/ 105.  He’s it.

Gotta shout out Oscar Robertson tho who gets the short end of the stick all the time in these All Time debates along with The Cap.  I just can’t vouch for a guy I never saw who played under primitive  statistical analysis and no tracking data.

Edited by benhillboy

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Gotta shout out Oscar Robertson tho who gets the short end of the stick all the time in these All Time debates along with The Cap.

Ya why does he get put off the list. He should be on every list that Magic is on.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Where do you rank him on the Mac-o meter PG’s of all time? 

I'm not good with rankings because i'm not that knowledgeable on pre-late 70s NBA.   But from that period on i'd still have to rank Magic, Isiah higher.  So maybe #3 in front of stockton and Nash.   I was a big Payton fan too.  If you were going to pick from that group of guys in their prime i think most people are going to pick Magic.    If we're ranking on greatest and most annoying the CP is #2 behind Thomas. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

If we're ranking on greatest and most annoying the CP is #2 behind Thomas. 

No doubt. Coming out of Wake in 2005 all I saw was Zeke in Cp3. Then again I saw Worthy in Marvin Williams so… :spank:

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Did anyone see the refs absolute refusal to foul out Booker last night?   Crazy and really made no sense outside of the narrative that the NBA doesn't want the stars to foul out.   But you think they'd be happy with a 2-2 series (which they got anyway).    It's not wonder we are sucking in international competition.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Giannis was unreal and i can't think of another example of a 50% free throw guy doing what he did last night.

But Middleton man was unbelievable through the whole playoffs.   the guy gets buckets and plays hard.   5,  30+  point games in the playoffs from your second option.

• Like 1

I really didn’t have a rooting interest in this finals.  Wife is from Wisconsin, but isn’t like a huge fan of the Bucks.  I suppose I was “rooting” for them.  I absolutely root for Giannis and Holiday though.  By all accounts just very good people on and off the court.  I said before the series this Milwaukee team was very tough to dislike.  Phoenix was rather easy to hate because of that dirty cheap shot CP3. Booker is a bonafide whiner now too, but damn near everyone cries nowadays.  I do have some ill will towards Portis though that I can’t let go of.  How are you gonna break your teammates face like he did?!!!?  

• Like 1