• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rooting for Bud and Teague to get a ring?

Spud2nique

• Moderators

I guess people forget that Bud / Ferry was the first step of this franchise no longer being a joke and we had a decent future until Michael Gearon Jr. decided it was more important to try to back stab his co-owners than care about the health of the franchise.    

I'm still rooting for the Suns but Bud is a really good coach and Teague has always been a great guy so I'd be happy for them if they won...which they won't.    Honestly i'll be happier for Monty Williams who got absolutely robbed of COY by the NY loving league. 

• Like 1

Both left town because they wanted to go somewhere they felt they had a better chance to win a ring.  Well screw you too buddy!!!

It would have done me a great deal of satisfaction if we would have ousted the Bucks and cost Bud his job! Teague I like but not at the rooting level. I have no interest in either and will show no gladness other than in watching Bud sigh heavily and gain another 10 lbs after the loss.

Seriously, if I'm Slimfast, I'm getting with his agent to find out if he has any self control/esteem.

Just now, thecampster said:

Both left town because they wanted to go somewhere they felt they had a better chance to win a ring.  Well screw you too buddy!!!

It would have done me a great deal of satisfaction if we would have ousted the Bucks and cost Bud his job! Teague I like but not at the rooting level. I have no interest in either and will show no gladness other than in watching Bud sigh heavily and gain another 10 lbs after the loss.

Seriously, if I'm Slimfast, I'm getting with his agent to find out if he has any self control/esteem.

The post that got me to Collaborator rank.  Snark till 14/14 it is!

• Haha 3

I honestly don't care which team wins but I do have favorites in Teague, Giannis and Jrue for the Bucks.

I also have favorites in Monty Williams, Cam Johnson and Jae Crowder for the Suns. 

Bobby might push Bucks over the edge but Bud and his press conferences is a minus which evens that out.

I want it to go 7 games simply because of the fact I don't want anybody saying we got beat by a Bucks team without Giannis that was obviously inferior to the Suns plus I hate the "West is better than East narrative especially now with more stars migrating East". 

If Bucks lose embarrassingly that makes us and the whole East look bad. Either way though I really don't care who wins.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I guess people forget that Bud / Ferry was the first step of this franchise no longer being a joke and we had a decent future until Michael Gearon Jr. decided it was more important to try to back stab his co-owners than care about the health of the franchise.    

I have unabashed hate for Steve Belkin and a lesser but fierce degree of hate for Michael Gearon Jr.  

The reason I don't hate Bud is because of everything he did before Gearon pulled his power play and handed Bud total control of the team and personnel.  What he did while Ferry was GM was outstanding.  Once Bud had that extra level of power and responsibility, his coaching was still fine but he burned the roster down pretty well before jumping ship.  It was all down-hill once Ferry was gone as he eroded the quality of the roster and the only debate is whether the moves he made were the worst (Bazemore, Dwight, etc.) or the ones he didn't make (moving Horford before he left, moving Sap before he left, etc.).  Either way, it added up to him inheriting a team that had the #1 seed in the East and made the ECF and turning over a team that was facing a choice between paying the tax for a team that would be lucky to make the playoffs another year or starting over.  He made it clear he wanted no part of rebuilding even though he was the one who put the team in a position where it needed to rebuild and instead of just being content to leave and get whatever he was worth as a FA coach he insisted the Hawks pick up the tab so he could sell himself on a cheaper contract to other teams and still get the Hawks to pick up the difference while working against them.  All that struck me the wrong way.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm not rooting for either team. 😕

Wish they can both lose...should have been us in the Finals, I'm still a lil bit salty. :angry:.

I wouldn't mind if Giannis wins, he should have been a Hawk anyway.

I wouldn't mind if Suns win, I like Monty. Also having a small guard winning the title as the lead guy is good for Trae.

Same here: wish they both could lose. I loathe Budweiserholzer, and don’t want Booker/Ayton to win one before Trae.

Edited by hazer

• Premium Member

For me...   CP3 is the best player to never win a chip... therefore, I'm hoping he wins a chip. 

Pulling that Suns squad from mediocrity (at best) to champions would be a feat that nobody could ever question. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Diesel said:

For me...   CP3 is the best player to never win a chip... therefore, I'm hoping he wins a chip. 

Pulling that Suns squad from mediocrity (at best) to champions would be a feat that nobody could ever question. 

I’m no fan of Monty (led some god awful teams) or Ayton (poor core use, butterfingers).  Neither had any notable stock before this season.  CP3 bathed both of them in gold with his generalship. 

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

I'm a big Holiday fan and Giannis is cool so Bucks for me. I like Book & Ayton as well but not a fan of CP3 or Jae Crowder, esp Crowder. Between my disdain for them and how much I can't stand that weird looking bug-eyed Portis idk the scales are pretty even...

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I’m no fan of Monty (led some god awful teams) or Ayton (poor core use, butterfingers).  Neither had any notable stock before this season.  CP3 bathed both of them in gold with his generalship. 

When the game looks back and see he did the same for OKC, Houston, and every other team he played for...  the game will recognize him as one of the top 3 PGs to ever play the game. 

Right now Top 5 (modern) are:

1.  Magic

2.  Isiah

3. Stockton

4. CP3

5. Nash

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm conflicted because I want Giannis to win but I don't think Bud really deserves a ring.  I also would love for the Suns franchise to win but I don't want CP3 to get a ring.  Neither of those sentiments are very strong though so I'll be content whoever wins it this year... but Giannis's background/story and the fact he's a very likeable good dude has me pulling for the Bucks.

• Like 3