• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sports illustrated question which 2/3

Spud2nique

Why can't we keep them?  Because every starter believes he should get the maximum - 30% of the total payroll.  If they do this, we can't afford them.  Boy, being good sure costs, doesn't it...

:cry:

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Gray Mule said:

Why can't we keep them?  Because every starter believes he should get the maximum - 30% of the total payroll.  If they do this, we can't afford them.  Boy, being good sure costs, doesn't it...

I don’t even know if we can’t keep them? That’s what the media says but if anyone can find a way it’s Schlenk. I’d honestly hate to lose any of our roster. This past season was special. Fond memories. I want to make a lot more memories with this core. 

• Like 4

Hunter for sure. 

Reddish/Heurter is difficult, if you want the most upside its clearly Reddish.  But Heurter is also still getting better and had a great playoff run.  

I'd prob roll the dice and keep Reddish.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

It's like FMK, hoops style. 

I don't see how it's "easy" to say which one we would let loose if forced to choose.

I feel like the 3-game stretch Cam had in the ECF skewed everyone's valuation. I have to keep reminding myself that he's ALWAYS been capable of brilliance. Consistency is the issue, and it's a big one. 

I agree that Huerter has the lowest ceiling, but he also has the safest floor now that he's proven himself a capable defender.

I don't think it's even easy to say Hunter is one of the 2 keepers until we see if his knee can make it through a full season while maintaining his January production. And Jalen Johnson is more likely to cut into Dre's minutes than anyone else's if he pans out, although I do think they all will ultimately draw from the same pool of minutes given the fluid positions of today's game. 

If someone put a gun to my head, I'd probably keep Dre and Cam too, partly because of the timing of K'Von's contract extension. But it's a really tough call, because I think there's a good chance Huerter will prove the best among the three at two of the three key wing skill sets (dribble, pass, shoot) that Schlenk values, and because I think his offensive game complements Trae's so well. 

Edited by niremetal
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

I don’t even know if we can’t keep them? That’s what the media says but if anyone can find a way it’s Schlenk

It's how willing and how deep Ressler is willing to venture in Luxury Tax and for how many years.  

Too soon to tell, let's see who rises to the top and can stay on the floor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It’s definitely not Hunter.  I’ll be the one guy who picks Huerter with full recognition that Cam could be the best of all three.  
Simple reason is Cam has been mostly potential.  He was supposed to turn the corner, and really struggled last season.  Then he teases us by wreaking havoc on the Bucks.  
If forced to choose I’m going with the two most consistent guys.  Cam struggled at Duke, too.  He looks like a possible head case who gets in his feelings too much.  Until Cam shows he can be consistent, I’ll stick with Huerter.