• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think that we should have kept Okafor!!

Wurider05

I know that he isn't the best in the world but he has a offensive post game. Again we get in trouble getting into these shoot outs then going cold. Last night we could have held the lead longer if we have someone who can get points in the paint. That is where Okafor would have came in. In today's NBA 15-20 point leads are nothing because of the shoot out style of play. We don't need every player on our team chucking 3's most of the time. We need the option to slow things down and feed the post. That is what Okafor excels at and would be more consistent than John or Clint. Dieng has damn near turned into a perimeter player. We don't need another one of those. We need options on how we can execute. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If he still had his post game, he would still be on the Hawks

If he had his post game, he would still be in the NBA period.  Hasn't played a minute this season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Cosign.  We need another bucket.  

I want us to let Collins get 15 shots a night to see how he does on higher volume.  He has such a pretty shot for a big and he's gotten better and better every year.  We'd still need a wing that can create for himself but I feel like Collins can be a guy that puts up 30 every once in a while

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I want us to let Collins get 15 shots a night to see how he does on higher volume.  He has such a pretty shot for a big and he's gotten better and better every year.  We'd still need a wing that can create for himself but I feel like Collins can be a guy that puts up 30 every once in a while

Right now he’s our best bet.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JTB said:

We need another scoring presence period. It doesn’t have to be a low post player but we need another on ball scorer to go with Trae and JC.

The Hawks are middle of the pack on offense even with Trae and Huerter struggling early on and Nate playing Lou but damn near last in every defensive category.  I'll lean toward fixing the defense over the offense.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

The Hawks are middle of the pack on offense even with Trae and Huerter struggling early on and Nate playing Lou but damn near last in every defensive category.  I'll lean toward fixing the defense over the offense.

Agreed and I think the common denominator to our struggles may reside with the same dude .... Clint Capela

25 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Tired of Capela missing easy put backs, can't make a free throw to save his life.

Apparently, from what I've seen HOU fans say, this has been an issue his entire career.  Just dunk everything.  When in doubt, dunk.  Get him a WWND (what would Nique do) wristband.

He seems like he's playing at far less than 100%, honestly.  We really miss Okongwu to spell him.  Dieng is solid but seems kinda low-e.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Dieng is solid but seems kinda low-e.

Is he solid?  From what I've seen, he's been trash lol allegedly a shooter but cannot make anything and slow to rotate on defense.  I don't feel he has any impact on either end right now

25 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Is he solid?  From what I've seen, he's been trash lol allegedly a shooter but cannot make anything and slow to rotate on defense.  I don't feel he has any impact on either end right now

I remember him being solid in like a game or two ... maybe?  At the end of the day, we miss Okongwu more than I thought we would.  Not saying he's a savior but he'd possibly alleviate us having to run Capela out there when he's ineffective or questionably healthy.

• Like 2