• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where I've been....

thecampster

• Moderators

Welcome back!   Just thought i'd comment on a few things.  I like you list and agree with most of it.  

• I'm tiring of the logo 3's. There are better shots to be had, we need to start taking them. Making other teams play 5 man defense.
    • i have to admit i kind of like them and i think he's hitting them at a good %
  • At the beginning of the year, I pined for Demarcus Cousins to fill out the bench.  I'm feeling vindicated.
    • is cousins playing?
  • I am onboard with bringing JJ up and giving him real minutes (defense be damned). I checked his College Parks stats today.  He is average 19/11/3.5 with 1.2 steals and 1.1 blocks per game. He has very little left to prove in the GLeague.
    • I think they are waiting for him to prove he can defend even poorly at that level.  vs not at all
  • Last year about this time I bagged on Bogi and he started to show out. Time to do that with D Wright. IMHO, he gets his act together or Shariffe/Skylar get minutes.
    • Yep
  • I didn't like the Cabarrot signing when we did it. Didn't like it when he was on the bench. Really don't like it now that he's playing.
    • Yeah.  Way too inconsistent.  Doesn't belong in the starting lineup.  Wish we'd replaced him with Langston Galloway when we had the chance
  • Teams have figured out our schemes involving Trae and CC and are starting to exploit it. Our defensive scheme here sucks and teams know it.
    • yes
  • Someone needs to start slapping Kevin Huerter before every game to piss him off. I'm really tired of him looking like Hulk Hogan one night and Lady Elizabeth the next. Kevin has the skills to be a number 3 option in this league and he might just be too nice for the gig.
    • yes and lol
  • I don't care how good Dre is when healthy if he's only healthy 20 games a year.
    • double yes.   

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

So where has Camp been (asked a bewildered @Kg01)?

I honestly needed a break. Not from the board, but from the NBA. That first few weeks of the season watching the NBA turn into Rugby and ball handling craftsman like Trae not getting any calls, forget the foul hunting took a lot of joy out of the game for me. It was ugly. I watched Trae get decked a few times to open the season (with no call) and my blood was boiling. But about 10 games in, I took a few games off....completely. First time in maybe 6 years I didn't watch back to back games. I've popped in back and forth but between the muscled up play in response to the lighter ref whistle and the way we're losing games, I took some time off. I'm not necessarily back now and I am following things but this was a tough first 1/4 of the season to watch.

Thoughts

• I'm tiring of the logo 3's. There are better shots to be had, we need to start taking them. Making other teams play 5 man defense.
  • At the beginning of the year, I pined for Demarcus Cousins to fill out the bench.  I'm feeling vindicated.
  • I am onboard with bringing JJ up and giving him real minutes (defense be damned). I checked his College Parks stats today.  He is average 19/11/3.5 with 1.2 steals and 1.1 blocks per game. He has very little left to prove in the GLeague.
  • Last year about this time I bagged on Bogi and he started to show out. Time to do that with D Wright. IMHO, he gets his act together or Shariffe/Skylar get minutes.
  • I didn't like the Cabarrot signing when we did it. Didn't like it when he was on the bench. Really don't like it now that he's playing.
  • Teams have figured out our schemes involving Trae and CC and are starting to exploit it. Our defensive scheme here sucks and teams know it.
  • Someone needs to start slapping Kevin Huerter before every game to piss him off. I'm really tired of him looking like Hulk Hogan one night and Lady Elizabeth the next. Kevin has the skills to be a number 3 option in this league and he might just be too nice for the gig.
  • I don't care how good Dre is when healthy if he's only healthy 20 games a year.

Usually around this time I have some trade suggestions or hear some rumblings and share them with the board. Nothing right now. This is what it is unless someone offers us a way to better ourselves. The team is not about to mortgage their cap position to salvage the present. Ownership is still thinking long term and quite frankly, I'm peeved.

Permission to treat the witness as hostile, Your Honor?

:Bob: "Granted .. with extreme prejudice."

Wait, I don't think that's the right legal term Bawb but ... oh, anyway.  I noticed that there haven't been any Woj bombs during your conspicuous absence, sir.  Care to explain this .... coincidence campst?  Or should I say ......... Woj!?

200.webp?cid=ecf05e479fjyyajc8980ylfziu9

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47buofd25n8yx3nw7tv

I want the truth, Colonel Jessup!

Kidding, kidding.  I definitely get it and feel the same way, for the most part.  I disagree on Cousins.  That guy is done-zo, which is pretty sad (kinda).

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, thecampster said:

I honestly needed a break. Not from the board, but from the NBA. That first few weeks of the season watching the NBA turn into Rugby and ball handling craftsman like Trae not getting any calls, forget the foul hunting took a lot of joy out of the game for me. It was ugly. I watched Trae get decked a few times to open the season (with no call) and my blood was boiling. But about 10 games in, I took a few games off....completely. First time in maybe 6 years I didn't watch back to back games. I've popped in back and forth but between the muscled up play in response to the lighter ref whistle and the way we're losing games, I took some time off. I'm not necessarily back now and I am following things but this was a tough first 1/4 of the season to watch.

Thoughts

Usually around this time I have some trade suggestions or hear some rumblings and share them with the board. Nothing right now. This is what it is unless someone offers us a way to better ourselves. The team is not about to mortgage their cap position to salvage the present. Ownership is still thinking long term and quite frankly, I'm peeved.

Great post.  I joined here while you were on sabbatical, but I agree 100% on all of it.   i actually thought about stepping away from the NBA at the start of the year as well, sick of watching the game turn into aussie rules football.  I stuck it out though. Does that make me a better man than you?  Hard to say, we just met, but probably.

I personally volunteer to be the person who gets to slap Huerter before and during every game.  One slap won't do it, we probably need a line of us like in Airplane.    Watching Huerter play hurts (no pun intended) my soul half the time.  Even when he is playing well, he still pisses me off with his apparent lack of interest in playing hard.   Watching David Nwaba expose Huerter for the lazy no effort bum that he is really upset me the other night.  BOX OUT YOU GINGER ASS!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kg01 said:

Permission to treat the witness as hostile, Your Honor?

:Bob: "Granted .. with extreme prejudice."

Wait, I don't think that's the right legal term Bawb but ... oh, anyway.  I noticed that there haven't been any Woj bombs during your conspicuous absence, sir.  Care to explain this .... coincidence campst?  Or should I say ......... Woj!?

200.webp?cid=ecf05e479fjyyajc8980ylfziu9

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47buofd25n8yx3nw7tv

I want the truth, Colonel Jessup!

Kidding, kidding.  I definitely get it and feel the same way, for the most part.  I disagree on Cousins.  That guy is done-zo, which is pretty sad (kinda).

I wanted him 10 minutes a night for an inside threat and some thuggery when needed. I think he's got plenty of both left in him.

4 hours ago, thecampster said:

I wanted him 10 minutes a night for an inside threat and some thuggery when needed. I think he's got plenty of both left in him.

He's got that in him but does he see himself as "just" that, at this point?

Also, I had a hilarious joke about you probably getting secretly banned for some unknown offense but I didn't wanna offend anybody.

'Cause .... you know that never happens here, amirite?

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47dbukasxlfsrdq601m3

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He's got that in him but does he see himself as "just" that, at this point?

Also, I had a hilarious joke about you probably getting secretly banned for some unknown offense but I didn't wanna offend anybody.

'Cause .... you know that never happens here, amirite?

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47dbukasxlfsrdq601m3

Orange juice has too much sugar, please but that aside with your lil tofu cakes thing you got goin there. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, thecampster said:

Thoughts

This is a good lesson.  If something isn't making you happy, just take a break.

Hopefully you'll be back more often @thecampster.  Your contributions to our discussions have been missed.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2021 at 1:37 PM, thecampster said:

Same here, identical 👏 

image.gif.116b2c61d517f09a88b6b61c749000c5.gif

• Like 2

The logo 3's are fine, Cousins is super duper washed, and JJ is the definition of "empty numbers" right now. Still wouldn't mind seeing if he could give us a spark when we're in a funk, but it's probably better to give him consistent minutes in the G-League. I can get behind the rest. Except TLC is fine in his intended role. Obviously when all our wings die and he has to play significant minutes it's no bueno.