• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

....and here we Go! Hawks COVID cases. UPDATED! 13 Players to H&S

JayBirdHawk

12 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

NBA players are at no greater risk than the grocery clerk, the mail carrier, or anyone else. There are about 500 or so NBA players, and not a single one has been hospitalized with Covid. If you sampled any 500 random people, of course there will be many who got Covid, and many who got symptoms, and maybe even a few who died. You seem to think 20 somethings playing basketball are at unique risk of getting and suffering from Covid. Actually, with their youth, good health and access to doctors they are among the lowest risk. 

NO! You seem to think that because they are athletes they have no risks and should just play to entertain you. 19,580 people have died under 39 from COVID that's a huge number if you think about it.  

Do athletes have lower risks? Yes.  Do I care if they decide they want a safer work environment or decide to sit out? No and that's fine too because it's their personal risk assessment.  Will I get upset if they cancel the NBA season for player safety? Nope, because that's the players decision based on their risk assessment.

Again, you not giving a flying f*** about people because they are young is your choice. 

I understand the risks and just think these players are here for more than my entertainment.

If the grocery clerk had a union, they would probably not be working and have more testing etc.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Go to the CDC website to see. It's much lower.

exactly.

It's much lower.  

We need to stop testing asymptomatic people!    Stop buying into the scare propoganda.  It's all BS now.  Masks don't work.  No one is dying from Omicron.   Very few vaccinated people are dying from any of this.  Hospitals are fine.  

Stop the nonsense already.    Stop buying into the scare tactics.   Use your own brain.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

NO! You seem to think that because they are athletes they have no risks and should just play to entertain you. 19,580 people have died under 39 from COVID that's a huge number if you think about it.  

Do athletes have lower risks? Yes.  Do I care if they decide they want a safer work environment or decide to sit out? No and that's fine too because it's their personal risk assessment.  Will I get upset if they cancel the NBA season for player safety? Nope, because that's the players decision based on their risk assessment.

Again, you not giving a flying f*** about people because they are young is your choice. 

I understand the risks and just think these players are here for more than my entertainment.

If the grocery clerk had a union, they would probably not be working and have more testing etc.

naw, you sound like MSNBC.   EVERYONE BE SCARED!!!!  MASKS FOREVER!!    BUT WHAT ABOUT THE VARIANTS!!!!

It's all nonsense at this point.   Time for society to move on.

BUT JASON TATUM USES AN INHALER!!!  SHUT DOWN SOCIETY!!!

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Look man. You are talking to someone who has personally lost 8 friends and family members to COVID.  

It's not all about death. My sister got COVID and literally has super anxiety now.  She couldn't work for two months.  Perfectly fine before COVID and now has to take meds because of it attacking her brain.

I haven't had it, but I've seen the effects it has on people.  I want no part of it with the vaccine or not with the vaccine.

Not sure how wanting people to still mask up and social distance is a scare tactic.  There are still people who have to go out who can't get vaccinated and vaccination doesn't stop me from spreading it to them.

You should still test to keep vaccinated people from spreading it to other people who can't fight the virus off. 

Sorry about your family members.  That sucks.    I personally haven't had a family member die from it yet, but did have several get the virus including my elderly parents who were unvaccinated at the time.

I do have a couple clients who lost several family members to Covid in the early days. One client lost 2 sisters and her mom in one week.

That doesn't change my stance though for where we are now.   The very rare death for a vaccinated person coupled with a few people having lingering effects from the virus are not enough to continue to shut down society IMO.

2 minutes ago, shakes said:

naw, you sound like MSNBC.   EVERYONE BE SCARED!!!!  MASKS FOREVER!!    BUT WHAT ABOUT THE VARIANTS!!!!

Nope not at all. Don't watch MSNBC, FOX, CNN or anything, but if that's the first thing that comes to your mind when I say I've lost 8 friends and family members to covid, then that's kind of sad.

Just telling you my personal experience.  I err on the side of caution for most things.

3 minutes ago, shakes said:

Sorry about your family members.  That sucks.    I personally haven't had a family member die from it yet, but did have several get the virus including my elderly parents who were unvaccinated at the time.

I do have a couple clients who lost several family members to Covid in the early days. One client lost 2 sisters and her mom in one week.

That doesn't change my stance though for where we are now.   The very rare death for a vaccinated person coupled with a few people having lingering effects from the virus are not enough to continue to shut down society IMO.

Thanks.

I never said shut down society.  I just think we should still be cautious.  Doesn't mean shutting down.

I also have a problem with Bleachy's approach because it's mainly been about the inconvenience for him.  I'm just saying it's the players choices and I don't mind whatever they come up with.  If 0.0005% risk of death is too much for someone, that's fine with me. 

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

So grocery store clerks should not be working? Well who should be working? At some point life has to go on, and the risks of halting normal life considered. Studies have shown closing schools is harmful, very harmful. You cant make Covid prevention the end all be all of every policy and every decision, that's a myopic view. If NBA players want to do extensive testing and protocols, that's their choice. But in a post vaccinated world, with fans coming to games, those measures seem onerous to me. You keep suggesting NBA players are taking risks for my entertainment. Once again, their risk is not greater than that of other professions. If that's your view, the mail carrier is taking risks bringing your mail, the grocery store clerk taking risks bagging your groceries, and every other profession. In a global pandemic where millions have died, the majority of whom were elderly, and millions have lost their livelihoods, professional athletes are probably not very high on my Covid sympathy list. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So grocery store clerks should not be working? Well who should be working? At some point life has to go on, and the risks of halting normal life considered. Studies have shown closing schools is harmful, very harmful. You cant make Covid prevention the end all be all of every policy and every decision, that's a myopic view. If NBA players want to do extensive testing and protocols, that's their choice. But in a post vaccinated world, with fans coming to games, those measures seem onerous to me. You keep suggesting NBA players are taking risks for my entertainment. Once again, their risk is not greater than that of other professions. If that's your view, the mail carrier is taking risks bringing your mail, the grocery store clerk taking risks bagging your groceries, and every other profession. In a global pandemic where millions have died, the majority of whom were elderly, and millions have lost their livelihoods, professional athletes are probably not very high on my Covid sympathy list. 

No didn't mean they shouldn't be working.  It's their choice to do what they want.  However, if they had a union, they'd probably have more testing just like the NBA.

My point is the NBA isn't essential and they don't have to be out there playing basketball if they so choose.

I'm not getting upset over any business making their choices to protect their employees.  I tend to care about people rather they are young or not.  

That's the point I'm trying to make to you.  Just because they are  young and low risks doesn't mean we shouldn't try to protect them.

I also agree that having all those fans in there is a problem, but the backlash for requiring vaccination and masks would probably be more severe than what they are currently doing. The politics works on both sides for this.

You are right it doesn't make sense to have all those people in there and then test the players like crazy.  

I just believe we should have sympathy for everyone rather young, rich, poor, etc.  

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Nope not at all. Don't watch MSNBC, FOX, CNN or anything, but if that's the first thing that comes to your mind when I say I've lost 8 friends and family members to covid, then that's kind of sad.

Just telling you my personal experience.  I err on the side of caution for most things.

I responded to that post before I read the post about your family members.   Once again, my condolences.  Terrible to lose that many people and explains your abundance of caution.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, shakes said:

I responded to that post before I read the post about your family members.   Once again, my condolences.  Terrible to lose that many people and explains your abundance of caution.

Abundance of caution? He sits courtside at Hawks games. 😄Wish i had those seats 😐

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

NBA players are at no greater risk than the grocery clerk, the mail carrier, or anyone else. There are about 500 or so NBA players, and not a single one has been hospitalized with Covid. If you sampled any 500 random people, of course there will be many who got Covid, and many who got symptoms, and maybe even a few who died. You seem to think 20 somethings playing basketball are at unique risk of getting and suffering from Covid. Actually, with their youth, good health and access to doctors they are among the lowest risk. 

Tell that to Jaylen Brown or Jayson Tatum...Theyres till sufferening from post covid symptoms..

1 hour ago, shakes said:

MSNBC...Fox news has mandates.. lmao. They just talk a good game to their sheep...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shakes said:

Your elderly parents were lucky....Good thing they didnt have underlying condition like my dad...(diabetes)..RIP...

Having to tell your parent good bye over the phone isnt fun...

Lou Williams and Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot have been added to health and safety protocols for the Hawks. Five players in protocols, including Trae Young, Clint Capela and Danilo Gallinari.

No excuse for Rife not to get min tonight.. NONE..

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, shakes said:

Who's shutting down society? You're free to go and do what ever you want..And businesses should have that freedon as well..If they want to require you to be vaxxed, wear masks, close up shop all together,  or whatever...Its their right.. 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, terrell said:

Tell that to Jaylen Brown or Jayson Tatum...Theyres till sufferening from post covid symptoms..

So you're saying this things would not have happened if they weren't  basketball players? Not saying they are at zero risk, I'm just saying their risk is not great compared to other groups.