• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

....and here we Go! Hawks COVID cases. UPDATED! 13 Players to H&S

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

So grocery store clerks should not be working? Well who should be working? At some point life has to go on, and the risks of halting normal life considered. Studies have shown closing schools is harmful, very harmful. You cant make Covid prevention the end all be all of every policy and every decision, that's a myopic view. If NBA players want to do extensive testing and protocols, that's their choice. But in a post vaccinated world, with fans coming to games, those measures seem onerous to me. You keep suggesting NBA players are taking risks for my entertainment. Once again, their risk is not greater than that of other professions. If that's your view, the mail carrier is taking risks bringing your mail, the grocery store clerk taking risks bagging your groceries, and every other profession. In a global pandemic where millions have died, the majority of whom were elderly, and millions have lost their livelihoods, professional athletes are probably not very high on my Covid sympathy list. 

What's normal about life in the time of COVID?  I don't say that we should stop everything but I also say we don't act life things are normal either. 

The truth is if you're alright with what others do until they start effecting your personal life, then you should be for mandated vaccinations.  We will never acquire herd immunity until the greater portion of the world is vaccinated.  Our dealings with Omicron makes it obvious that the longer this virus hangs around the higher the possibility that a vaccine ineffective variant will come.   When that happens, it won't matter if you want anything to shut down or not...  

• Like 3

So you're saying this things would not have happened if they weren't  basketball players? Not saying they are at zero risk, I'm just saying their risk is not great compared to other groups. 

No Im just saying their is alot more to covid than just "not dying"..

• Like 1

• Moderators

So you're saying this things would not have happened if they weren't  basketball players? Not saying they are at zero risk, I'm just saying their risk is not great compared to other groups. 

The other factor is you have high risk (by age, immuno compromised, etc.) people around the players.  For the league, that is most notably team and league staff (coaches, trainers, etc.) and the family members of the the players and staff.  I'm sure the safety of those people are part of the calculus whether that is KAT's mom or the Mav's Cynt Marshall or others.  While the risk is not unique to the NBA players, they are somewhat "unique" in that they are playing a game and most are set for life financially if they never play another day and just responsibly invest their earnings to date.  So they have more latitude to be protective of the people they care about than does the single mom working behind a register at Kroger.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AHF said:

The other factor is you have high risk (by age, immuno compromised, etc.) people around the players.  For the league, that is most notably team and league staff (coaches, trainers, etc.) and the family members of the the players and staff.  I'm sure the safety of those people are part of the calculus whether that is KAT's mom or the Mav's Cynt Marshall or others.  While the risk is not unique to the NBA players, they are somewhat "unique" in that they are playing a game and most are set for life financially if they never play another day and just responsibly invest their earnings to date.  So they have more latitude to be protective of the people they care about than does the single mom working behind a register at Kroger.

Well at least you are acknowledging these things have more to do with money and economics than anything based in science.

3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Do they not realize that we will lose EVERY player on our roster to protocols if they don't shut us down? Our locker room is compromised at this point and it's just a matter of time before Cam, Bogi, Delon and whoever else has been avoiding it so far tests positive next.

Bogi probably won't get it.  He had a rough bout of COVID and is vaccinated. 

• Thanks 3