• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

....and here we Go! Hawks COVID cases. UPDATED! 13 Players to H&S

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

They are vaccinated. Most of these players are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms.

Then there are others that get hit hard.

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

No way they're gonna do that, brolio.  No way to define "mild".  Considering some dudes that had it have ended up with 'stuff' that's lingered for months, it's not worth the risk that some dude is having some level of respiratory trouble and ends up passing out on the court (or worse).

What they need to do is re-enact the protocols that curtailed outbreaks last season.  Then, try to understand how/why the delta variant is running rampant - per the former surgeon general on the radio last week, these outbreaks are delta not omicron.  Omicron hasn't even 'hit' yet, per him.   Which .... yikes on yikes on yikes

This, plus it seems you never know how quickly symptoms may or may not develop. 

Lamelo Ball:

It went down exactly two weeks ago during what was supposed to be a relaxing, much needed three-day break in between games.

LaMelo Ball just knew something was amiss.

“I was about to eat some dinner,” the Charlotte Hornets point guard said Friday. “I’m like, ‘Hold on. It’s cold as hell.’ And then I’m asking people like, ‘Are y’all cold?’ They are like, ‘Nah, I’m not cold. You are trippin.’ ”“I’m like, ‘Ahh, s—,’ ” Ball said. “And then that night right there, that’s when it hit. I took like nine showers because I’d go to sleep for like 30 minutes, wake up and be sweating. And I’d go shower. Then I’d go to bed, be cold as hell and wake up, take a hot shower.”

But a rough bout with COVID is behind the 20-year-old now and he cleared the NBA’s health and safety protocols earlier in the week. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Then there are others that get hit hard.

This, plus it seems you never know how quickly symptoms may or may not develop. 

Lamelo Ball:

An interesting rumor Kamla put out was that there's a team that is allowing asymptomatic guys roam around unfettered.  Meaning no restrictions on access to personnel, players, etc. - thus clearly they're infecting others.

He said that was "just a rumor" but a prevalent one.  Didn't say who it was, but I honestly thought it was us considering literally every team has an outbreak after playing us.

If a team is doing that, it's beyond irresponsible.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Holy crap I need to get on a plane to Vegas tonight.   Just last night I was having dinner with my wife and I said that as bad as the Hawks season has been my prediction for how it is even going to get worse is that Trae will get put in the protocols and not be able to play Christmas.

No joke, had that exact conversation.  Told my wife about it just now and she accused me of having inside info last night.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, kg01 said:

An interesting rumor Kamla put out was that there's a team that is allowing asymptomatic guys roam around unfettered.  Meaning no restrictions on access to personnel, players, etc. - thus clearly they're infecting others.

He said that was "just a rumor" but a prevalent one.  Didn't say who it was, but I honestly thought it was us considering literally every team has an outbreak after playing us.

If a team is doing that, it's beyond irresponsible.

That's sad if true.

Hawks were one of the 1st teams to all have their boosters, so that was my rationale for no positive cases....until now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Funny that I saw this, just as I was checking the NFL Injury report.

Tonight, I really want to see some experimentation with lineups, but that's asking way too much from Nate.

Sometimes, God has to put an obstacle in front of you, in order for you to do the correct thing.

You know good and well He'll start Lou with Delon as his backup.. smdh

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, LucastheThird said:

This new strain Omicron doesn't care about vaccinations it seems. They do help some, but you can still catch this new strain even if you are fully vaccinated. Luckily it's just mild symptoms. 

Thats the whole point of vaccines.........(mild symptoms)

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Basically.  We were in for a whuppin' so tough it was gonna ingrain itself into our DNA.  Their grandkids' kids were gonna be feelin' this beatdown.

And what if we win? lol

Edited by terrell

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Nate is literally disappointing the hell out of me right now.   It's almost as if he's afraid the kids might just play well, which will have everyone second guessing his ass.  We're already short handed. Why wasn't Sharife or JJ on the damn plane anyway?  Were we going to be content with dressing just 10 - 11 players?

We have to watch Lou try to play PG for 20 + min tonight...................................

Might as well start OO or Dieng.

Capela is gonna be pretty useless without Trae feeding him..

Wouldve been a perfect time for Rife. smfh

Cam benefits the most with no Trae. He can put up as many shots as he wants.. lol

Edited by terrell