• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

Just now, marco102 said:

This what I was saying.

There is still tons of room for improvement. He has been much better at the rim lately.

This should be in steps. He has improved his three, next work on that midrange.

I’m giving you the like for this not Brad! 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Just as an update, the last 8 games I wore my Cam jersey we are 5-3 and he is now scoring 18 ppg on 49% FG and 49% from 3.  

Me too! 

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Just as an update, the last 8 games I wore my Cam jersey we are 5-3 and he is now scoring 18 ppg on 49% FG and 49% from 3.  

Which one you got?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Me too! 

Which one you got?

Black statement jersey, happy to say I got it very early last year when he was still dropping turds every game.  Someone at the MARTA station started chatting me up the other day asking if I had season tickets because he recognized me from my Cam jersey lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Black statement jersey, happy to say I got it very early last year when he was still dropping turds every game.  Someone at the MARTA station started chatting me up the other day asking if I had season tickets because he recognized me from my Cam jersey lol

Niiiiice that’s a sick jersey I got that one in Trae. Here’s my Cam, it’s his rookie jersey I ordered in July 2019 after we got him. He was one of the 4 guys I wanted to draft (Cam, Culver, Clarke and Kabengele). I was super excited when we landed him.

9B4CC08A-B563-4526-9A2B-6B00C033030B.jpeg

4E20F295-EFC4-4F88-977E-70B423AF8EEB.jpeg

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, marco102 said:

This what I was saying.

There is still tons of room for improvement. He has been much better at the rim lately.

This should be in steps. He has improved his three, next work on that midrange.

Baby steps!!!

This is where we hope he continues to develop different aspects of him game: slow down, let the game come to him and have a level of consistency.

He also needs to work on his playmaking and rebounding and don't forget his defense.

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 12/16/2021 at 10:01 AM, macdaddy said:

I wish we'd feed Cam and led him try to play like a star.  Give him time to take his man off the dribble or pull up for a shot.   He seems to feel like he has to shoot or drive immediately but i think his handles are good enough.

I've got covid so I'm going to pat myself on the back for this one two weeks ago to make myself feel better.   Y'all just don't know how smart i am.   Well not smart enough to not get covid but still.  

• Haha 3
  • Sad 4

32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

My latest attempt ...

I just bumped into an awesome trade proposal.  Get a load-a this, @NBASupes ..

Cam, OO, Jalen John, and a FRP for .... OG Anunoby

Breathe that in for a second.  And, no, there's nothing else comin' from TOR baybee.

No, that's not Kawhi.  That's OG Anunoby aka OG Idon'tknownobody that'd make that trade.

Buy hey, that's +1 win per the BSPN trade machinery.

C'mon, if that doesn't get the bejesus flowin' I don't know what will.

That's a overpay for prime Kawhi Leonard with the Spurs. Its just trolling with OG being mentioned 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, kg01 said:

In my latest attempt at irking the bejesus outta @NBASupes ...

'Member when everybody wanted us to trade Cam for Coby freaking White?

Ewwwww ..

Everybody? You mean the sports media, I dont recall anyone here wanting Coby. I always felt Coby was the biggest rosk in the top 10 even over Hayes because if Hayes misses. You still got a poor man's Tyson Chandler. If Coby misses, even Jordan Clarkson is a hard goal to reach whereas if he hit, you got a Gilbert Arenas like scorer who has size. You could argue it wasn't less of a risk than Tyler Herro at the time but Herro has shown to be a legit sharpshooter. White just hasn't yet and he's been injured a lot. 

The Reddish trades I've seen have never made sense for us. At least the ones that others posted in the past

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

One second while I adjust my analyst hat.....buckle the chin strap...checks self in mirror....okay good to go.

There is a stark difference in Cam with Trae on the floor vs off and the difference isn't "touches" its movement.  Trae's game is all based off of screen and roll. In that setting, Cam is often the least likely person to come set the pick...as is Huerter or Dre.  Pick n roll works when your big men roll. Capela's inability to pick n pop means the shooters have to stay wide to give Trae opportunities to create and if in trouble dish to the shooters as secondary ball handlers.  This takes Cam out of the equation on most offensive sets.  Trae, Collins, Capela are so effective in the pick n roll game (and or collins pick n pop) that the highest efficiency chances are in the hands of those 3 players.  The Hawks pass on open 3's often because the floater, lob game is there most of the time and is your most efficient shot when you add in the fouls it creates.

In Cam's case, Capela on the floor with Collins severely limits Cam's PnR opportunities (even though he'd be a devastating finisher given enough reps). Capela brings a great deal to the Hawks but even life giving rain brings devastating floods.

A big criticism of Nique's has been Huerter/Hunter's unwillingness to drive the middle of the lane (something we're seeing more of this year). This is because Capela's inability to vacate the lane effectively leaves a big offering help on any wing driving. It doesn't "look open". Clint's lack of a post game only further complicates this we can't just dump it in to him to work and/or kick it out to create wing space.  Its the good vs the bad argument with Clint. He isn't dangerous offensively like Brook Lopez or swiss army knife like Jokic and forces the Hawks to live off the pick n roll with Trae.  As long as that's happening, Cam will look different with Trae on the floor.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

don't know if this was posted but it's pretty funny.

Posted many times. This is pretty old. Before Edwards and Maxey even played in college. Drew Timme from Gonzaga was in this video and said Cam as well

Edited by Cwell

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Great, I’m gonna get banned.

my ban on the general board was finally lifted.  7 months of me appealing combined with a steadfast refusal to apologize or take any blame for my actions finally wore them down.

• Haha 2