• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who starts the rest of the season: Huerter or Bogi

JayBirdHawk

Who should start?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who starts?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/31/2022 at 11:20 PM

• Premium Member

The comments Bogi made to the media after his first game back are very telling. He said he's ok with whatever during this season because he just wants to help the team win. But he also added this would be addressed in the summer.

I have to point out that Bogi left the Kings to be a clear cut starting SG. And he is exactly that. He doesn't want to be a backup player nor should he be. He's clearly better than Kevin. Bogi's second game back he has 19/3/3 and 2 steals. 

Unless the plan is to move Bogi in the offseason I'm worried that "keeping the rotation" is going to sour Bogi on us long term.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HawkingAwesome said:

Booger and those high firsts for Derrick white less go

Rarely seen White play but his statistical  profile is pretty solid.  Love his assist to turn, the blocks, and the escalating FT% every year.  I rock with Healthy Bogi all day but White is younger, can play and guard 2 positions apparently, and you say “firsts” plural?  I’ll allow it.

Kevin is a matchup player, however Nate sees fit to deploy them both from night to night I’m fine with.

Teams are arguably attacking him defensively more than Trae because with Trae they know help is on alert (both tied for team worst rating at 117). Kevin has the better ball-affecting skills but I believe Bogi contains penetration and funnels a bit better.  

I love that there are no egos with either.  Long as they pay dividends in the fourth quarter and we get the dub they could care less who starts.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Sothron said:

The comments Bogi made to the media after his first game back are very telling. He said he's ok with whatever during this season because he just wants to help the team win. But he also added this would be addressed in the summer.

I have to point out that Bogi left the Kings to be a clear cut starting SG. And he is exactly that. He doesn't want to be a backup player nor should he be. He's clearly better than Kevin. Bogi's second game back he has 19/3/3 and 2 steals. 

Unless the plan is to move Bogi in the offseason I'm worried that "keeping the rotation" is going to sour Bogi on us long term.

That is still a good thing because if they keep playing like this and they continue to win their long term value goes up. So Bogi gets to win without diminishing his value. 

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Bogi was the one that was on the court in crunch time and was instrumental in the win....that should matter.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Bogi should definitely be coming off the bench just for the sole fact that he is actually a worse defensive player than Trae.   The only difference between him and Trae is Bogi has some length to help him out, but Bogi's effort on defense is downright pathetic.   Its so bad he makes Huerter look like Tony Allen.      And it's not like Huerter is some sort of effort demon in his own right.

• Premium Member

Another reason I think the current rotation works is because Kevin is a better role player with the staters. He has a very versatile skill set and works really well with Trae and John. Bogi, Gallo, and Lou are savvy vets that really know how to play and can out duel any bench combination in the NBA including Phoenix. Throw in OO17 and Wright’s emergence, we are really cooking. Bogi gets more of a green light offensively when he is on the second unit but he also knows how to maximize Gallo and Lou so that hey can still be effective.  It’s beautiful. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Sothron said:

Bogi doesn't have a future with us long term regardless. Will be too expensive to keep. 

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not necessarily if the salary cap jump as expected in 2 years.

That.

And.

He can emerge as one of the "best players" on a great team... and Ressler's words affirmed he's going to pay, not to keep "every" player but he will the "best" players on a "great" team.

So, yeah, I'd hold off on any predictions, me.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Could be, but if that happens his price will just go up methinks. We will have to pay Hunter soon as well, no?

Got em both for this and next year locked up for certain... which just happens to be the two years that I've been claiming all this time are/would be our sweet spot for winning a title... if we don't, then yeah, there's going to be a lot of changes almost certainly regardless.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Could be, but if that happens his price will just go up methinks. We will have to pay Hunter soon as well, no?

Sonetime as next season unfolds, we'll have an idea if he'll likely opt in our out of his final year depending on his health and play. 

On 1/29/2022 at 2:27 AM, Sothron said:

I have the same worries. Bogi is clearly better and he should absolutely be the starter. People are going crazy that hes playing well only cause hes with the bench but the reality is he finally looks healthy. We saw what he did healthy last year.

One way to not make him go sour is let him close with the starters like he did against the celtics.

• Like 1