• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who starts the rest of the season: Huerter or Bogi

JayBirdHawk

Who should start?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who starts?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/31/2022 at 11:20 PM

• Premium Member

Regarding the OP... was a whole lot more popular to say this last season than it is this one... but... In McM I trust... it's his decision. But I'm not even sure it matters that much who starts... both players should see plenty of floor time as long as they're healthy (somewhat obviously).

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Sothron said:

If Bogi is 100% healthy he needs to be the starter because he's a better player than Kevin and he fits better with Trae. If Bogi is not 100% healthy then he needs to be on the second unit. 

I liked it.. I want to agree with it... but for the first two weeks I say Kev. Got Momentum..  Let's keep this momentum going.

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

I liked it.. I want to agree with it... but for the first two weeks I say Kev. Got Momentum..  Let's keep this momentum going.

Bogi definitely needs to come off the bench for at least the first couple of games to get his feet under him and his stamina back.

• Like 3

I got Huerter continuing to start until Bogi gets comfortable OR until this winning streak goes away. Having said that, Bogi fits better with the starters because of the limited moves, slower first step etc. 

Keep starting Huerter, let Bogi get loose and get his feet 👣 wet off the pine 🌲 

Ps the ads are kinda good now.. :indifferent:

6C5CAA2B-1C3B-41AF-8157-3E951CD7B14E.png

• Haha 2

I think we should ease Bogi in with HEAVY minutes restrictions for at least 2 weeks or so. Give him 15-20 minutes in spot duty until we’re CERTAIN he can perform on both ends similar to last year. This year he’s been lacking on both ends, and it could be due to nagging injuries, fatigue, or in Peos case, just him being washed.. lol... But either way,  I’d like to keep giving him rest if the best of him comes out when it’s go time...........................

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, terrell said:

I think we should ease Bogi in with HEAVY minutes

Wait what? That’s contradictory isn’t it. Ease him in with HEAVY minutes. :sarcastic:That’s awesome. 

26 minutes ago, terrell said:

restrictions for at least 2 weeks

Oh sorry I didn’t finish the sentence … :indifferent: Carry on..

• Haha 1

It’s probably just my backward ass thinking but Huerter in my opinion has just as good of not better chemistry with Trae than Bogi does.

that’s not to say Bogi isn’t better or a better fit than Huerter but there’s something about Trae and Huerter combo that aligns well as far as on court chemistry.

Huerter just seem to me that he knows where he’s supposed to be with Trae and has a good idea of how to play off ball with trae but no question healthy  Bogi is better so while I voted for Huerter I think it’s truly best for McMillan to play it by ear. 

• Premium Member

You can’t underestimate Kevin’s chemistry with Trae and John. Plus I think Kevin and Dre is a better defensive combo especially with Clint. I was wondering how Bogi would affect the second unit but tonight proved he fit in super well. I hope Kevin earns the starting spot the rest of the way. 

• Premium Member

I voted Kevin because I'm still not sold on Bogi's knee holding up. I don't put much stock into playing with two weeks' rest when your opponent is the Kings on the second night of a road back-to-back.

On paper, both guys are a great fit with the second unit--K'von gives them a second solid defender, while Bogi gives us a more rounded offensive option than anyone else out there. And honestly, not messing with the second unit's unreal chemistry has to be as much of a consideration as who starts, because the bench got its act together first, and I feel like that had some gravitational pull on getting the starters to play better too.

Friday, when we go up against probably the East's toughest perimeter rotation, will be a real test, I think.

• Premium Member

Regardless of Knee.

I like Bogi on the Bench Mobb...  It makes us extra dangerous to have a great bench.  Kev is shooting well and not messing up too bad.  Missed an easy bunny Clint style but he's doing OK.  I think Trae can make him better.    And the Other guys are making whoever holds down that position with them better. 

Just checking though.. 

When Bogi comes on the 2nd team, he plays Sf?

That makes our 2nd squad even more scary...  four guys who can hit from outside.  Two bigs...  and three guys who can put the ball on the floor and go inside. 

Bench Mobb.

Kevin Knox = The Architect.