• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Knox......

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Knox is the Architect because the players see how hard he works in Practice and it makes them practice and play harder. 

We won the trade getting Knox... and a 1st!!!

I hope you are right.   I liked Knox when he was at KY.  I liked Cam too but he is not here anymore.   We have done pretty well since he moved on.

Fort Knox has changed our team in some kind of way.  I can’t put my finger on it.  There’s a new attitude for sure.  
Things are much better.  We are giving effort.  We are more efficient. It’s like all the negatives are now positives.
It’s got to be Knox giving tips.  Even the coaching is better.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I hope Knox gets some increased playing time.  

We don’t really need that. I just hope he plays well when his number is called. We don’t see practice, but his playing time will come from whatever he does there.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Fort Knox has changed our team in some kind of way.  I can’t put my finger on it.  There’s a new attitude for sure.  
Things are much better.  We are giving effort.  We are more efficient. It’s like all the negatives are now positives.
It’s got to be Knox giving tips.  Even the coaching is better.  

The Matrix The Architect GIF - The Matrix The Architect There You Go -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

On the second unit.  I know mins are tough and we are winning.  

I know it's the 2nd unit, but again whose minutes will he cut into from this group - Wright, Lou, Bogi, Gallo, Okongwu

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I know it's the 2nd unit, but again whose minutes will he cut into from this group - Wright, Lou, Bogi, Gallo, Okongwu

You have a valid point.  Unless they make a trade there is no mins.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I'm bearish on Knox. But as said at some point earlier today, can't anticipate that Lou is going to be playing 15 minutes every game. Or even playing at all every game. Let's see how many minutes he gets tomorrow night.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

I hope Knox gets some increased playing time.  

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

You have a valid point.  Unless they make a trade there is no mins.  

At some point someone will get injured and we will need Knox to give us 10 quality minutes. I just hope he can do that. I think he can. 

So mechanically speaking I've seen a small flaw on Knox and its an awareness thing. I can't believe a coach hasn't mentioned it to him. Bogi is the best comparison for this.

When you see Bogi spotting up from 3, he's got catch ready hands and feet. This is a really big thing for consistency. How you set up, rhythm is everything for a catch and shoot shooter and a quick release.  Bogi is really, really good at this. Gallo when he top 3rd of the circle and in transition does a good job with rhythm here as well.  You get your feet into the right width, direction and twist your body to the direction of the ball hands out, chest height. There should be minimal foot movement before the dip and spring. This is to build consistency in the shot direction and spring height. See this older video on Bogi which will show these mechanics over and over.

Bogi will open the lead foot to get the past then twist his lead foot and body into the basket while starting the spring. Its very minimalist movement in the lower body and why when he's really going well, he's very good (it is also why the knee injury bothers his shot so much). He's a mechanics shooter, not a chucker.

Both Kevin and K'von are inconsistent here. What's funny is K'von has been working on it and is worse and his good mechanic catch and shoots because it hasn't become muscle memory yet.

Back to Knox. See this video. These are all makes but the mechanics issue is the same.

20 second mark, he's hunched over to keep his hands high/leaning left on the catch. He springs high to exaggerate shooting at the top of the jump (too much variance possible).

38 second mark, he isn't set to receive the pass and leans left to get it. On the spring he is still leaning left. He shoots this all hands and guides the ball at the basket. It goes in pretty but this is due to a late rotation to get the pass and not having his feet set. He worked too hard for this make.

55 second mark. Great decision by Knox not to force a 3. He kicks it back up top and then receives the pass back. But his feet are wider and springs up less. Still goes in as this is a highlight video but his upper body is dong the work. Its part of the problem with having a thin/elongated lower trunk. He could do with some leg work in the offseason to build the base.

1:16 mark. This. This is very pretty and exactly the form he should have on every catch and shoot. He's positioned early, feet lined up with shoulders. Feet never move, catch twist shoot, medium lift, very little effort. This is who he needs to be. 5 star shot.

1:32 mark. Very good as well. Almost as good as previous make.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1