• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hard pill thread

HawkItus

Come here and say what you think is tough truth about this team. It's judgement free zone, where you are free to state a less than popular opinion if you dare. 

My first one is that TS overvalued many of our players this summer and last. I think we had some 3.5 star guys, on 1 to 2 star deals, that aren't as appealing on there current contracts. Seeing what the experts and rumor mills are churning beyond Trae we can't move any of our chips for a 4-5 star player. I think Cam was a course correction and we may be sellers over the next year or so.

30 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Come here and say what you think is tough truth about this team. It's judgement free zone, where you are free to state a less than popular opinion if you dare. 

Pierce was indeed the scapegoat I tried to tell y'all he was.  Team's flawed.

Anybody want some-a this schmoke?

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47tjj0w4xqzczxe8lqr5

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member

We need to  stop talking about how other teams are shooting lights out from 3 against us like it's the result of some sort of god like shooting streak.  We need to accept the FACT that the only constant in all these amazing shooting games vs us is OUR SHITTY DEFENSE.

NBA players should shoot about 80% on wide open corner 3s and probably close to 65% on wide open 3s from anywhere else on the floor yet we look to the heavens when teams start hitting wide open 3s vs us???  No one gives up more wide open 3s than us, nobody.  That's the reason guys keep having career shooting nights against us.

We have way too many terrible perimeter defenders.  Trae, Bogi and Huerter are 3 of the worst in the entire league and we have all 3 on our team.     

Our homer announcers need to accept that and start actually mentioning that rather than just saying "OMG, these guys just can no miss!" every time we get lit up.

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 minute ago, shakes said:

No one gives up more wide open 3s than us, nobody.  That's the reason guys keep having career shooting nights against us.

No doubt that we are creating great opportunities for opposing shooters.  I'd love to see the data on this, though.  Have you seen it somewhere?  If we are truly giving up the most wide open 3s I'd be interested in seeing how far we are from the next worst teams and the average/median teams.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Here's my thing.  Bogi is better than Heurter right now.   Yeah Bogi has had an up and down year and last night he shot terribly, but he's more consistently aggressive.   Heurter made 4 shots and went to the line zero times in a game where they were calling fouls constantly.   We need to move Bogi back to the starting lineup.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 11/16/2021 at 8:37 AM, marco102 said:

On 11/18/2021 at 8:12 AM, kg01 said:
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Here's my thing.  Bogi is better than Heurter right now.   Yeah Bogi has had an up and down year and last night he shot terribly, but he's more consistently aggressive.   Heurter made 4 shots and went to the line zero times in a game where they were calling fouls constantly.   We need to move Bogi back to the starting lineup.  

I don't see it.   I don't see him as aggressive at all.   He aggressively stands around and watches better than anyone, but that's about it.

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Pierce was indeed the scapegoat I tried to tell y'all he was.  Team's flawed.

Anybody want some-a this schmoke?

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47tjj0w4xqzczxe8lqr5

I don't agree with the LP take, but I will call that take with this:

We were too quick to re-up N8. Should of at least looked around, took swing @ Vangundy etc.

17 minutes ago, shakes said:

I know I've only been posting here a couple months, but i thought it was pretty obvious from my posts that I never look at data.   Heck, I don't even know where the internet stores it's data.    I'm all eye test all the time baby!

One thing you'll learn is a lotta folks use numbers to pretend like they're all smarty-smart.  When, in reality, the eye test tells you all you need to know.

For example, there's not a human alive that can tell me friggin Trey Burke is a better defender than Trae Young.  But that's what the numbers say.  All that tells me is the numbers are flawed and, in this case, punishes Trae for being a better player (and thus playing more minutes).

And, by another example, Andre Drummond is a** defensively but the numbers say he's elite.  Know why?  Because the formula puts waaay too much emphasis on defensive rebounding.

But, nooo, you won't hear these numbers folks point out them flaws.

Hey, this thread was about hard pills or hard truths or w/e so this rant fits.

13 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

How can you smile at a time like this?

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47dgrdls8wjuxcedwpuf

10 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

I don't agree with the LP take, but I will call that take with this:

We were too quick to re-up N8. Should of at least looked around, took swing @ Vangundy etc.

100.webp?cid=ecf05e47bbkkn3jtb06d9eyjrm4

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47bbkkn3jtb06d9eyjrm

• Like 4

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, shakes said:

I know I've only been posting here a couple months, but i thought it was pretty obvious from my posts that I never look at data.   Heck, I don't even know where the internet stores it's data.    I'm all eye test all the time baby!

I do enjoy seeing that kind of data because it really tells the story much better than the simple numbers.  Sometimes you just get unlucky but you create your own (bad) luck when you are giving up wide open looks - especially in the corners.  Seeing how each of players does with this and how our team does as a whole would be really good.  I'm positive that TS is looking at this data among a lot more.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, shakes said:

I don't see it.   I don't see him as aggressive at all.   He aggressively stands around and watches better than anyone, but that's about it.

Nah.   He may not be the best we can do at SG but right now he's the key to our success.  If he plays well we do well.   Kev looks great when he looks great which is like every 5 games.   We need someone who's going to go after it every game and right now Bogi is the best we have.   

Kev plays 30  minutes a game and averages less than one FT?  Are you friggin kiddings me?  Hunter averages almost 4 times as many.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Kev plays 30  minutes a game and averages less than one FT?  Are you friggin kiddings me?  

I don't know why he is so crazy low either.  He has decent hops and length.  Just seems to go out of his way to avoid contact.

I would love to force him to sit down and watch hours of Kevin Martin tape as a guy with similar size and athleticism who made bank at the line.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't know why he is so crazy low either.  He has decent hops and length.  Just seems to go out of his way to avoid contact.

I would love to force him to sit down and watch hours of Kevin Martin tape as a guy with similar size and athleticism who made bank at the line.

He avoids contact like the plague, even when he drives in the paint, he does a step back to shoot.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Well, yes I know he avoids contact.  But I have no clue why that is the case.

My guess is you can only do in the game what you have worked on.   I'm assuming this is the way he's played his whole life so developing a skill of really attacking the rim after you get to the NBA is difficult.