• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Fair offseason move...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Bogi for Dillon the Villain

I figure, Memphis will find that they need some outside shooting. 

We need a Wang that can get inside and plays hard nose defense. 

Memphis  has about 50 interchangeable wings. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I'd welcome Dillon because we need the toughness like you said, but if we move from Bogi we need someone who can create their own shot.   Is that Dillon?  I don't know but i don't think so. 

Dillon can create his own shot.  He just doesn't make that shot very often. (30.3% on 3's this season)

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, AHF said:

Dillon can create his own shot.  He just doesn't make that shot very often. (30.3% on 3's this season)

He is a career 35% shooter - still not the most ideal, but his shooting is down this year. Usage is also up so may be trying to do too much this season … which trae could help with. 

I don’t know enough about him/haven’t watched, but it’s an intriguing thought. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, h4wkfan said:

He is a career 35% shooter - still not the most ideal, but his shooting is down this year. Usage is also up so may be trying to do too much this season … which trae could help with. 

I don’t know enough about him/haven’t watched, but it’s an intriguing thought. 

I wouldn't rule out a Brooks / Bogi type of swap but that is what you are going to get with Brooks - inconsistent shooting.  His fg% the last 3 years leading into this one were 40.2%, 40.7%, and 41.9% none of which is good for a SG.  His career TS% is .516% which is pretty terrible.  (Cam Reddish was .537% for us this season and Bogi is .563%).

You are basically trading away offensive efficiency for more defense.  Brooks is a bad kind of volume scorer, imo.  (He takes 16.5 shots this year to score his 18.5 points.  That exactly matches his career per36 so pretty much what you can expect.  In contrast, Bogi takes one fewer shot to score the same amount of points which is a meaningful gap.)

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Would not mind ADDING him to the squad. Replaces some combination if Lou, TLC and Knox.

He's not a TLC Knox kinda guy.  He's an 18.5 ppg wing who would immediately be our best defensive wing.   His shooting from outside is not ideal but what I see is somebody who is not afraid to take it inside.   Right now Dillon is putting up about 4.7 3pt attempts per game.. far less than the 7.2 that Bogi is throwing up.   And he averages 11.8 Attempts from 2 (47.9%)  whereas Bogi averages 5.2 attempts.   To me, this is the difference. 

A defensive guy that can drive.  Ugliest shot in the world. 

• Moderators

Brooks has real value as a defensive wing but he should not be an 18.5 ppg player.  He should be shooting more selectively and less often.  If we trade for him, he needs to come in with the expectation of playing a smaller role on offense.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Brooks has real value as a defensive wing but he should not be an 18.5 ppg player.  He should be shooting more selectively and less often.  If we trade for him, he needs to come in with the expectation of playing a smaller role on offense.

I see Memphis having zero interest in this. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I see Memphis having zero interest in this. 

They played  50 games without him this season.   They are 19th in the league in 3pt%.  They should be looking to trade him for a three point shooter. 

Why would Memphis even consider this trade.  Bogi is too small to start at SF and Memphis has Bane at SG.  Plus Bogi is more expensive than Brooks.

Hawks should likely aim bigger and do some type of consolidation trade and should also be looking at senior/junior 3 and D  draft prospects who will slip in the draft due to their age but may be more ready to play immediately.  Prospects with profiles similar to Bane, Herbert Jones, etc.

• Moderators
On 4/10/2022 at 3:04 PM, Packfill said:

Why would Memphis even consider this trade.  Bogi is too small to start at SF and Memphis has Bane at SG.  Plus Bogi is more expensive than Brooks.

Dillon is 6'7'' 225 lbs and Bogi is 6'6'' 220 lbs.  Not that big of a gap.  Both are smallish SFs and play both SG and SF at times.  Dillon is significantly cheaper and there has to be an element of "if it ain't broke" for Memphis considering that they have never won more games in any season in franchise history than they won this season.  So I wouldn't expect them to go for it either but I'm just not sure that Dillon wouldn't be a problem as a chucker.