• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Play-In

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

So if we make 7/8 against the Cavs i like our chances a lot.  If it's at home then we're in great shape.

If we're 9 it's not so bad because we probably can beat Charlotte at home and then beat Cavs on the road. 

What we don't want is to play brooklyn in brooklyn.  I know no one around here is worried about those guys but they can take over a close game better than we can.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes sir!

I hate to bring that guy from Dallas into it but shouldn’t our guy be nicknamed “Magic?” Oh GOD! NEVERMIND DELETE DELETE. Sweet Lou to Big O to Magic! Don’t nobody show this to Stu! :fie:

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

Looking at remaining schedules...

CLE is almost a lock to finish with 39 losses.

(BRK + MIL remaining)

BRK is almost a lock to finish with 38 losses.

(CLE + IND remaining)

CHO reasonably could finish with 39 losses, but 40 is distinct possibility.

(CHI + WAS remaining)

And the good guys? A lot rides on whether MIL beats BOS at home tonight. If they do, MIA quite possibly will rest some of their players tomorrow night, which... you never know but... on paper anyway gives us a better shot. (Correction: MIA will be "feeling the heat" regardless, given that either BOS or MIL is almost a lock to finish with 30 losses.) Thus, we could finish with 38 losses, but 39 is a distinct possibility.

So, correct me if I'm missing something, but...

At best, we probably finish #8 and go to Brooklyn.

At worst, we probably finish in a 3-way tie or a 2-way tie... for #8... and go to Brooklyn.

4 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Frickin' Milwaukee.  Boston is without Tatum, Horford, and Williams (three starters) and they're beating the Bucks.  Geez.

Never mind ... 🙂

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Boston is without Tatum, Horford, and Williams (three starters) and they're beating the Bucks.

Playing 5 guys 30-ish or more minutes isn't really something you want to be doing with any regularity. I continue to say that balloon is going to burst... they're literally going to run out of oxygen, imo.

So, if my understanding is correct, Milwaukee and Toronto both winning tonight gives Miami the Eastern Conference championship.  Hopefully Miami rests their starters tomorrow (and the Hawks take advantage of that!).

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

So, if my understanding is correct, Milwaukee and Toronto both winning tonight gives Miami the Eastern Conference championship.  Hopefully Miami rests their starters tomorrow (and the Hawks take advantage of that!).

Dang... I had it right the first time.

But again, outside of something weird happening, we're destined to be playing on someone else's court Tuesday night, ie 8th seed.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

If we wind up 8th we will play Miami.  If we wind up 7th, it will be Milwaukee.

Actually, it's an unknown until the play-in happens.

If we're #8 and defeat the #7, then we get MIL.

If we're #8 and lose to #7, then yes, the winner of the next game b/t us and the #9/#10 winner determines who gets MIA.

But. On second thought... maybe that's what you meant, and I just read it wrong.