• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Trae be all-NBA this year?

kg01

All-NBTrae?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mainly asking what you think will happen, not what you think should happen.

So obviously this will have some monetary implications on the Hawks via Trae's contract.  But IDGAF about that.  No team that wins does it on the cheap.  Pay the man what he's earned and owed.

I tend to think he will make 3rd team although he's played like a 1st or 2nd teamer.  Enough jacklegs will leave him off due to w/l record despite not imposing that standard on previous selections *cough* Beal *cough*

Here's one guy's team, just to give you some names to consider from the guard perspective:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2022/4/8/23015564/all-nba-teams-awards-defense-rookie

1st team:
😄 Nikola Jokic, Nuggets
F: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Bucks
F: Jayson Tatum, Celtics
G: Devin Booker, Suns
G: Luka Doncic, Mavericks

2nd team:
Joel Embiid, 76ers
F: Kevin Durant, Nets
F: DeMar DeRozan, Bulls
G: Ja Morant, Grizzlies
G: Stephen Curry, Warriors

3rd team:
😄 Karl-Anthony Towns, Timberwolves
F: LeBron James, Lakers
F: Pascal Siakam, Raptors
G: Chris Paul, Suns
G: Trae Young, Hawks

I unequivocally do not think Morant deserves to be all-NBA.  Missed too many games and his team obviously is carrying him, not the other way around.

Curry should be 3rd team.  Trae is better than Booker but somebody from that team's gotta make 1st or 2nd team.

Your thoughts?

• Premium Member

You need an answer there that says:

HE BETTER BE!!!

The All NBA team loses Legitimacy if Trae is not on it.   1st or 2nd team at that. 

If you say we don't have the record, I offer Kevin Durant and Lebron James.   They will get on the team and their records are no better than ours. 

If you say Defense, I offer Ja Morant.

My question is what makes Devin Booker 1st team?  All NBA is not a team designation.  If that were the case, then get all the Phoenix Suns on here.   It's an individual designation.  At least, I assume that is how KD gets on there?

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Rk Player Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 Devin Booker 2021-22 25 68 68 34.5 9.7 20.9 .466 2.7 7.0 .383 7.0 13.9 .508 .530 4.6 5.3 .868 0.7 4.4 5.0 4.8 1.1 0.4 2.4 2.6 26.8
2 Trae Young 2021-22 23 75 75 34.9 9.3 20.3 .460 3.1 8.0 .380 6.3 12.3 .512 .535 6.6 7.3 .903 0.7 3.1 3.7 9.7 1.0 0.1 4.0 1.7 28.4

HE BETTER BE 1st or 2nd Team...

Before last week - 10%

Once we beat Brooklyn and he won Player of the Week - 30%

Now - 35%

The thing that may keep Trae out is if they put DeRozan with the guards ( despite him playing over 80% of his minutes at PF ) . . according to Basketball-reference.com.

What may save Trae, is the recent play of James Harden.  His 22 pts - 8 rebs - 10 asst look great, until you see that he's shooting 41% FG and 33% 3FG.  

People say that Ja Morant hasn't played enough games, and that his team plays extremely well with him out of the lineup.  Both of these are true.  But it's highlight plays like these that keep Ja fresh in people's minds.  They love his freakish athleticism. And he makes highlight defensive plays that no other guard in the league makes . . even if he's a bad man defender overall.  Trae is a better man defender than Ja.  But Trae can't do this.

Or dunks like these . . 

I think Trae is going to get snubbed, because they don't see his 28 and 9, on fairly high shooting percentages, as exciting as Ja's highlights.

1st team Guards:   Booker & Luka

2nd team Guards:  Paul & Curry

3rd team Guards:  DeRozan & Morant

Trae gets snubbed.

My vote

1st team:  Booker and Luka

2nd team:  Trae and DeRozan

3rd team:  Paul and Curry

• Thanks 1

And yes, I know DeRozan is a forward.  He's actually played 80%+ of his time at PF for the Bulls.  But even in the All-Star game, they had him listed as a guard.  This means he'll probably be listed as a guard for the All-NBA team.  He'll literally take a spot from a deserving guard because the NBA listed him in that group.

Luka is not a guard …smh…you are what you defend. I don’t watch every mavs game but I’m sure he’s not out there guarding 1s and 2s…he’s trash on defense already so I doubt Kidd is matching him up vs much quicker opponents.

Curry started out hot but really cooled down. Trae has been better and to me the only point guard better than Trae this season is Ja Morant. CP3 I would have put as second best point but he’s been injured too long to truly qualify in my opinion.

• Premium Member

This is lunacy. 

Neither Ja or Booker is better than Trae.   The only PG better than Trae is Luka and that's because of his rebounding.   Luka's shooting is poor from three.  Trae is out here putting up Historic numbers and people are looking at dunks?  Trae has put himself in a class with only him and Oscar Robertson in it (no Jason Kidd, No Steve Nash, No CP3) only Trae and Oscar and People are looking at Dunks...  He shoots a higher three point percent than Curry.  He averages more points and assists than Luka or CP3 or Ja.  He has the highest PER among PGs...

Trae out here like:

What Do I Have To Do GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ja is not better than Trae.  Full stop.

Derozen has been in free fall since when?  

Perhaps the result will depend on exactly when votes are due.  No way anyone can vote derozen over Trae unless they mailed it in, literally and figuratively, weeks ago.