• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

present company excluded, everyone is right when they say ATL fans are horrible

shakes

• Premium Member

sorry everyone, but as a non ATL resident with no connections to the city other than my 4 year love for the Hawks I can confirm that everyone is correct when they say ATL fans are horrible.

Last night, elimination game to get in the playoffs and the place is 2/3 empty in the 1st quarter.   And of course the team came out flat to start the game.    

I don't want to hear any excuses about traffic or anything like that.  It's the F-ing playoffs and 2/3 of the people cvan't get to the arena on time?   We've NEVER had that problem in Chicago and we have much worse traffic than you have in ATL.    For Bulls games during playoffs the place is packed for the INTRODUCTIONS.   For Blackhawks playoff games the place is packed for the friggen national anthem.

Obviously if you post here you are a diehard fan and not the target of my scorn, but I don't want to see @Sothron or @Spud2nique or @JayBirdHawk or @kg01 on the real GM general board talking about how woah is me why does everyone talk about how bad ATL fans.   Don't embarrass yourself trying to defend what is very obviously and clearly a really shitty sports town with terrible fans.  Just accept the truth and take solace in the fact that no one is talking about you when they say that, just the other 90% of the people who call themselves Hawks fans but don't think it's important to show up to a playoff game on time.

I was disgusted for the entire 1st quarter just seeing all the empty seats.

Same on you Atlanta (but not you guys and gal)

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Diesel said:

crop;webp=auto;jpeg_quality=60.jpg

yea, that's much better traffic than we have in Chicago every single day.

Zero excuse for 2/3 of the arena not being there in time.  

IT'S THE FICKING PLAYOFFS

It’s a phenomenon that will never truly be explained.  All I can say is if the Hawks or Falcons are at the absolute top of the league that year the fans will support very well.  If not, they’re meh to be generous.  Sometimes during Falcons kickoff it looks like an All Star 1-AA High School game.  Just absurd.

I dont think traffic is an excuse.  You have to brave that in any major city outside of midnight hours.  Obviuosly Atlanta is horrible but it’s far better than Brazil.

Braves fandom is much more far-reaching seeing how their average ticket buyer has considerably more disposable income and much more fans outside the state thanks to the old TBS days.  And even the most vociferous critics of the move to Smyrna haven’t made a peep in years it worked out so fantastically.

Its easy to tell the best fanbases in the NBA.  New Orleans isn’t exactly known for that but the way everyone on the building was chanting “DEFENSE” with them up double digits they certainly qualify. The way the Warriors crowd has changed for the much worse since the move has effected them on court, Klay never scared to call them out.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm not a 'native' ATLien, but I've been everything ATL since moving here and I've learned to not care what 'the others' think. When I attend, I'm there for intros. 

The problem, though, is that a good crowd can actually help a team especially in the playoffs.  Conversely, a bad crowd negatively impact the team.   I'm not saying a lot, but there is definitely a correlation between having a great crowd from opening tip and your team coming out and feeding off that crowd to their benefit.

So I think you should care.   Not that you can do anything about it, but I'd be really annoyed with it if i was from ATL or a Hawks player.

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, shakes said:

yea, that's much better traffic than we have in Chicago every single day.

Zero excuse for 2/3 of the arena not being there in time.  

IT'S THE FICKING PLAYOFFS

Atlanta is the city too busy to hate...

Can't say that about the chi...  Lots of hate...

😄

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm not a 'native' ATLien, but I've been everything ATL since moving here and I've learned to not care what 'the others' think. When I attend, I'm there for intros. 

With Bird on this. Adopted Atlien since 85.  I think I cared when I was like 12, and again at 22 lol. 

Bugged me a lot when they came in flocks for Mike but so did 28 other franchises fanbase. 

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, Diesel said:

To be fair... all that can be asked of Shakes is to show up when the Hawks play the Bulls (In Chicago) and root for the Hawks...  AND we expect to see him in one of these:

Greeting Make an effort dispersion atlanta hawks bucket hat -  lasheswoodlandpark.comAtlanta Hawks Neo Cycle Rvb.Hwc Black Bucket - Mitchell & Ness hats -  Hatstore.com.hkGreeting Make an effort dispersion atlanta hawks bucket hat -  lasheswoodlandpark.com

Atlanta Hawks All Over Print Bucket Hat | Atlanta hawks, Atlanta, Fashion

Atlanta Hawks Mitchell & Ness NBA "Surf Camo" Bucket Hat- Buy Online in  India at Desertcart - 14535612.

New Era | Accessories | Hardwood Classics New Era Atlanta Hawks Hat |  Poshmark

47 Brand Atlanta Hawks Bravado Bucket Hat in White/Lime (Green) for Men -  Lyst

Atlanta Hawks 47 Brand Large Bucket Hat NBA | eBayMitchell & Ness Neo Cycle Reversible Bucket HWC Atlanta Hawks-  BUCKMM19475-AHABLCK in Ataf.pl

I think I’m bad luck for Trae.   I went to one game in Chicago and he was playing great and then he got tossed at the start of the 2nd half for looking at Kris Dunn.   Was going to go the next year and Trae sprained his ankle the game before and was out.  Didn’t even attempt to go this year because I’m bad luck and, more importantly, the games were all during weekdays which doesn’t work for me now that I live in the suburbs.

Maybe next year….

• Like 1

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Okay, if you've never experienced Atlanta Traffic or don't know that the train thing was real and held up several reporters and fans, why do you have an opinion on the matter.

Your ass isn't buying a plane ticket to fly down and go to the games so why are you speaking on the fans that are. 

Don't talk about ATL fans, if you don't live here and don't know what they had to experience yesterday.  Many were planning to be on time, but couldn't because of the traffic and train situation was a cluster.

I hate when y'all try to label us as bad fans.  If you're such a good fan, be there every game on time and screaming to solve the problem. 

All I hear is excuses.    Traffic isn’t worse in ATL than Chicago.  A train issue shouldn’t cause 2/3 of the arena to be empty for almost the entire 1st quarter.    

If traffic is bad you give yourself more time to get there.

ITS THE PLAYOFFS

and you are right, I’m not coming down to ATL for a game (although I will eventually for sure..maybe next season even) ,but I am going to talk about what I see on TV and what I saw yesterday was downright pathetic and embarrassing.  

Like I said, no one here is not a bad fan.  Marco is not a bad fan.  You guys/gay are the best fans ATL has to offer, diehards who are just as diehard as any diehard of any team.  But the rest of the fans do suck.  They suck a lot.  

1 hour ago, shakes said:

All I hear is excuses.    Traffic isn’t worse in ATL than Chicago.  A train issue shouldn’t cause 2/3 of the arena to be empty for almost the entire 1st quarter.    

If traffic is bad you give yourself more time to get there.

ITS THE PLAYOFFS

and you are right, I’m not coming down to ATL for a game (although I will eventually for sure..maybe next season even) ,but I am going to talk about what I see on TV and what I saw yesterday was downright pathetic and embarrassing.  

Like I said, no one here is not a bad fan.  Marco is not a bad fan.  You guys/gay are the best fans ATL has to offer, diehards who are just as diehard as any diehard of any team.  But the rest of the fans do suck.  They suck a lot.  

Family Guy Stewie GIF - Family Guy Stewie Big Eyes - Discover & Share GIFs

Lol.

• Haha 3

Chicago traffic is not worse than Atlanta…let’s just get that out the way to start. Secondly as most of the city is filled with transplants a lot of people legitimately just aren’t fans. They’ll jump on the wave and want to be part of something like everyone else when we’re really doing well but a lot of these people just aren’t fans. And those that did grow up here you hear so much negativity from the transplants and the bandwagon jumpers that it starts to taint your view on the Atlanta teams and again they won’t actually jump in until everybody else does. It’s annoying but facts are facts 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

A lot of people that grew up here were fans of the Lakers and teams like that. The city did a bad job converting fans in the 90s and 2000s. This new generation loves the Hawks but I remember being the only Hawk fan of my crew. Most just didn't like the Hawks and never found the squad to be attractive

Assemble Your Crew GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY