• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

1 hour ago, JTB said:

It sounds like Mitchell has to be real option no matter if some of you like it or not . Our choices to upgrade are really poor.

This, so much. People keep bitching about his defensive woes. Who is a better option for us to bring in? We do need an elite 2nd fiddle to Trae. He checks that box, he's young, and on a long term deal. Get him Travis.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

When was that though?  I remember him saying it but probably for injury reasons Delon never really was out of the rotation.  

He was absolutely removed from the rotation and was not injured at all.

March 11 Nate said:

• Hawks reserve combo guard Delon Wright, an unrestricted free agent this summer, is currently out of Atlanta’s rotation. Hawks head coach Nate McMillan explained his thinking behind Wright’s exclusion from the present lineup, per Chris Kirschner of The Athletic (Twitter link). “He’s been playing well,” McMillan said. “It’s nothing he’s done. He’s been playing well. It’s really difficult to play a 10-man rotation because everyone gets squeezed. What I did was went to Lou [Williams] at that backup [point guard spot] — the rotation we had last year.” The 6’5″ veteran is in his seventh NBA season.

The only thing I'll say in Nate's defense is that he was not dumb enough to continue giving Delon only garbage time for long.

Just one more in case you think I'm not remembering correctly:

https://soaringdownsouth.com/2022/03/12/impact-delon-wright-falling-atlanta-hawks-rotation/

Atlanta Hawks (32-34) offseason acquisition Delon Wright has apparently been relegated to mop-up duty. ... Delon Wright has been taken out of the Atlanta Hawks rotation for the time being  ...Nate McMillan said in his postgame remarks that he is “shortening my rotation”.  But it will be most interesting to see how long he remains out of the rotation if Williams, a former Clipper, goes 1-for-6 from the floor as he did on Friday night.

• Confused 1

• Premium Member

Just kill the Gobert talk.

Honestly, he's not 20 Million dollars better than Clint.   I'd rather just keep Clint. 

This is inception...for Travis.

Travis, bring us D. Mitchell. 

If JC, Shariff, and some picks can get us D. Mitchell.. Travis make it happen. 

Here's my question though...

Would you trade JC, Hunter, and a 1st for Mitchell and Rudy Gay??

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Just kill the Gobert talk.

Honestly, he's not 20 Million dollars better than Clint.   I'd rather just keep Clint. 

This is inception...for Travis.

Travis, bring us D. Mitchell. 

We can't give up Hunter in a Mitchell deal.  We will need defense at every other position after that trade.  Hopefully we could go get Jerami Grant also.

Agreed on Gobert.  Can't spend 40+ on a player who plays defense and can easily be exploited by going small.

Edited by AtLaS
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I'm not seeing how Donovan Mitchell is this massive upgrade over what Collins provides.  He is a good player but not a great player plus his salary is almost at $30 mil. Who plays power forward if you trade John?  So you would trade Hunter for Rudy Gay?

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Diesel said:

After having Dreams that I didn't know I had being crushed by @JayBirdHawk 

At your service :curtsey:

5 hours ago, AHF said:

Again making a lot of us wonder why we didn't see more Wright/Trae lineups.  But how about that Cam -12.4?!?  Yikes.

Don't remind me, sigh.

4 hours ago, theheroatl said:

How about this trade Schlenk? Then surround with vet min defensive guys.

600EE534-1888-4C23-BB8C-AB5367AAA20B.jpeg

Nope, designated rookie deals as I pointed out to Diesel earlier.

2 hours ago, AHF said:

He was absolutely removed from the rotation and was not injured at all.

March 11 Nate said:

The only thing I'll say in Nate's defense is that he was not dumb enough to continue giving Delon only garbage time for long.

Just one more in case you think I'm not remembering correctly:

https://soaringdownsouth.com/2022/03/12/impact-delon-wright-falling-atlanta-hawks-rotation/

🤬

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

:deke:

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

We can't give up Hunter in a Mitchell deal.  We will need defense at every other position after that trade.  Hopefully we could go get Jerami Grant also.

Agreed on Gobert.  Can't spend 40+ on a player who plays defense and can easily be exploited by going small.

I don't really know where this idea that Jerami Grant is available has come from.   If I'm Detroit, it would take Trae to make me give him up.   Jus saying. 

However, I agree about Hunter... but the best ability is availability.   There may be another more available defensive SF out there somewhere. 

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't really know where this idea that Jerami Grant is available has come from.   If I'm Detroit, it would take Trae to make me give him up.   Jus saying. 

:laugh1:...what?.... Jerami Grant is not even in the same zip code in terms of trade value. He's an expiring contract and looking for a hefty pay raise. He got all the shots he wanted in Detroit so his raw stats are inflated.

His value is in the low range of what the magic got for Aaron Gordon:

The Orlando Magic are trading forward Aaron Gordon and Gary Clark to the Denver Nuggets in exchange for Gary Harris, RJ Hampton and a 2025 first-round protected pick.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:laugh1:...what?.... Jerami Grant is not even in the same zip code in terms of trade value. He's an expiring contract and looking for a hefty pay raise. He got all the shots he wanted in Detroit so his raw stats are inflated.

His value is in the low range of what the magic got for Aaron Gordon:

The Orlando Magic are trading forward Aaron Gordon and Gary Clark to the Denver Nuggets in exchange for Gary Harris, RJ Hampton and a 2025 first-round protected pick.

I said If I'm Detroit. 

That means that the value that they look at is not Universal value, but value to them. 

They have a young team that is on the verge to doing something.   Grant didn't play much with them last year.   Another good draft pick and he could be a part of a good core.   That's all I'm saying. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I said If I'm Detroit. 

That means that the value that they look at is not Universal value, but value to them. 

They have a young team that is on the verge to doing something.   Grant didn't play much with them last year.   Another good draft pick and he could be a part of a good core.   That's all I'm saying. 

That makes ZERO sense....it's an unrealistic ask to start any meaningful trade discussion. You have to negotiate with a good faith effort.

Discussion on Grant's value at the trade deadline:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.detroitbadboys.com/platform/amp/2022/1/24/22888484/nba-trade-rumors-jerami-grant-detroit-pistons-aaron-gordon-trade-deadline

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, AtLaS said:

Agreed…Hunter will not be apart of any Jazz deal in my opinion for either Mitchell or Gobert! Hunter is just way too hard to replace and there are very limited options out there for big 3s. 

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I'm not seeing how Donovan Mitchell is this massive upgrade over what Collins provides.  He is a good player but not a great player plus his salary is almost at $30 mil. Who plays power forward if you trade John?  So you would trade Hunter for Rudy Gay?

OO is a true power forward and jalen Johnson is a forward who can play both. I think folks need to get use to the idea that while Collins is the clear best forward on this team he’s expendable because these two young guys behind him have some major potential and could develop into better players then collins.

as far as you not seeing how Mitchell is a massive upgrade over collins I don’t understand how you can’t honestly. Collins is a good two way player but he is not impactful or game changing enough at anything. Mitchell is a big time proven scorer that we can pair with Trae…that in itself has more impact on the outcome of games then what collins gives you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Agreed…Hunter will not be apart of any Jazz deal in my opinion for either Mitchell or Gobert! Hunter is just way too hard to replace and there are very limited options out there for big 3s. 

OO is a true power forward and jalen Johnson is a forward who can play both. I think folks need to get use to the idea that while Collins is the clear best forward on this team he’s expendable because these two young guys behind him have some major potential and could develop into better players then collins.

as far as you not seeing how Mitchell is a massive upgrade over collins I don’t understand how you can’t honestly. Collins is a good two way player but he is not impactful or game changing enough at anything. Mitchell is a big time proven scorer that we can pair with Trae…that in itself has more impact on the outcome of games then what collins gives you.

OO is a center.  I don't know where you guys are getting the idea that he's a power forward.  He's not played power forward at any level.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, marco102 said:

OO is a center.  I don't know where you guys are getting the idea that he's a power forward.  He's not played power forward at any level.

OO is too small to be a center long term . He played center at USC but at 6’8 and 235 pounds …OO is PF in the nba…

don’t care what Nate and his staff says they haven’t shown great player development since taking over . there were too many times this season where OO and Capela should have been on the court at the same time for defensive purposes.

OO is a true PF who can play center in small ball lineups.

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

OO is too small to be a center long term . He played center at USC but at 6’8 and 235 pounds …OO is PF in the nba…

don’t care what Nate and his staff says they haven’t shown great player development since taking over . there were too many times this season where OO and Capela should have been on the court at the same time for defensive purposes.

OO is a true PF who can play center in small ball lineups.

You want him to be a power forward.  There are skills that power forwards need that he just does not possess.  Hasn't shown that he posses them. 

If this is you inkling to get rid of John, then I'll pass on it.  Supes is the only one that has suggested OO is a power forward besides you. You both want John off the team for some reason.  Not sure what your reasoning is.  John's defense has improved every year he's been here.  His availability needs to improve. OO playing power forward is not the answer.  

If JC is off the team, it better be for a clear upgrade and preferable a power forward.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You want him to be a power forward.  There are skills that power forwards need that he just does not possess.  Hasn't shown that he posses them. 

If this is you inkling to get rid of John, then I'll pass on it.  Supes is the only one that has suggested OO is a power forward besides you. You both want John off the team for some reason.  Not sure what your reasoning is.  John's defense has improved every year he's been here.  His availability needs to improve. OO playing power forward is not the answer.  

If JC is off the team, it better be for a clear upgrade and preferable a power forward.

Ideally because of OO's size, we'd want him to develop and transition into a full time PF. He hasn't shown PF skills as yet to slot him in as starting PF next season. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ideally because of OO's size, we'd want him to develop and transition into a full time PF. He hasn't shown PF skills as yet to slot him in as starting PF next season. 

That's the point I'm stressing.  Not saying he can't develop those skills, but he's a center. Also, can't slot him at PF until he's shown those skills (shooting, guarding on the perimeter more, rebound, ability to dribble and pass).  He's shown flashes of everything, but shooting.

He's bigger than Draymond and he holds up pretty well at center for GS.  I just think he needs to work on his defensive rebounding and he'll be fine at center.

Edit:  Also will be a logjam at PF with JC, OO, and JJ. I think JJ is more of a power forward than SF.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

The Utah Jazz will host the 2023 NBA All-Star Game, which multiple league sources have described as a "critical element of the franchise's future plans."

Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report adds that it is of "great importance to Jazz governor Ryan Smith that Utah has multiple players in that midseason classic."

The leadership of the Jazz have no "no designs of entering any sort of rebuild" this offseason despite their first round elimination.

Instead of pursuing a trade of either Donovan Mitchell or Rudy Gobert, the Jazz could explore the market for Bojan Bogdanovic, Royce O'Neale and Mike Conley. 

JAKE FISCHER/BLEACHER REPORT

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

This is Utah trying to drive up the asking price.  I know this game now thanks to @thecampster..lol

I was thinking we can trade Gallo for their Bogdanovic, which gives us the pair, lol.

I thought he was around younger around 30, but he's only a year younger than Gallo though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2