• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Upgrade coming per Schlenk

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
On 5/5/2022 at 4:46 PM, Diesel said:

I think you missed the point of trading Gallo for Shemet and Crowder.

It's so that Phoenix can save 15 Million dollars in salary.  They will indeed buy out Gallo. 

It makes the trade of Ayton more enticing to do business with us...

Otherwise, any team that can get OKC to be their third will be trying to get Ayton. 

I'm trying to figure out why you have such a hard on for Ayton...He ain't that good on defense and his offense is meh!  Definitely would not break the bank to get him here.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I'm trying to figure out why you have such a hard on for Ayton...He ain't that good on defense and his offense is meh!  Definitely would not break the bank to get him here.

If the choice is Gobert vs. Ayton, I like Ayton better because:

1.  Younger.
  2. Has a grown up Offense (more than just meh). 
  3. More Athletic.
  4. 10 Million dollars less. 

Otherwise, I'm not against Keeping Clint, Keeping the pick, and picking up a good project 7 footer.   And going after a Star... So I wouldn't say I have a hard on for Ayton... just that if we must go after a bigger big, I would prefer Ayton over Gobert. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This^^^^^^

It makes the most sense.   Clint is 27, still playing good defense and still rebounding well.   OO has good bones.  I like the combo.   To kill it makes no sense other than we need size.  Well, a third C is in the draft:

Mark Williams, Jalen Duren, or Walker Kessler ... I think right out the gate, any of those guys would be serviceable if we give them time.   The real thing is getting a 2 that can score.  I would love for Kev to be more like Kev from Maryland, but right now, he's just 2nd Unit Kev.   If Bogi can't be relied on because of his knee... then we need to look for a full time SG who can handle the ball, Score, and Play defense. 

Maybe OKC don't think that SGA is worth the money because he's not a 3pt shooter?

Maybe Zach Lavine wants to come here?

Maybe Paul George is available?

Maybe Josh Hart is a guy we can project as becoming a star?

We should definitely extend Delon...  And if we have thoughts of him being a starter, then the search goes to a star SF or PF?  But something good would definitely have to open up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

If the choice is Gobert vs. Ayton, I like Ayton better because:

1.  Younger.
  2. Has a grown up Offense (more than just meh). 
  3. More Athletic.
  4. 10 Million dollars less. 

Otherwise, I'm not against Keeping Clint, Keeping the pick, and picking up a good project 7 footer.   And going after a Star... So I wouldn't say I have a hard on for Ayton... just that if we must go after a bigger big, I would prefer Ayton over Gobert. 

Schlenk will draft another bust or underachiever.

https://soaringdownsouth.com/2022/05/06/atlanta-hawks-urged-pursue-136m-star-scorer-free-agency/

@Spud2nique   Trae, Kyrie, Johnson, Hunter, OO and Gobert.  Build around that nucleus.  Ressler says he would go into the luxury tax.  Sign Kyrie.  Trade Capela, Collins, Gallo, Huerter, or whatever it takes to get Gobert outside of the nucleus I mentioned above.  Championships are won by a big three.  Young, Kyrie and Gobert.  Go get it done.

The Atlanta Hawks would have one of the most offensively dynamic backcourts with Kyrie Irving

This comes from Carl Dukes of “Dukes and Bell” on 92.9 The Game who took the words of owner Tony Ressler and general manager, Travis Schlenk, about needing to upgrade the roster and put it plainly saying the Hawks needed a “difference-maker”.

“We need to go get Kyrie Irving. I want bucket-getters and guys who can score. He’s a proven scorer, he’s a proven commodity…Trae has to learn how to work off of the ball. It will open up so many other things on the court, if we’re able to get to that spot, by having another ball-handler on the floor.”

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, hylndr11 said:

Doubt Clint will be what he was last year, think he'll be meh going forward , not that I want to give away everything for whoever. But Clint is also injured a bit 

Clint's injury was freak. 

As far as being what he was last year... I don't see why not.  We're in such a hurry to throw money at the first big name C that is on the blocks that we fail to look at what we got and what it will cost us.   Our problem really is not Clint.  He's actually a great solution.   He plays great defense in the sense that he's able to get out on the wing and that he protects the middle...and I don't think you can find a better rim runner (which helps Trae).   I think the problem is the match (defensively) of him and JC.   JC is smaller...  When forced to play against Big Teams, Nate refuses to play a bigger lineup.   We got to change that.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

https://soaringdownsouth.com/2022/05/06/atlanta-hawks-urged-pursue-136m-star-scorer-free-agency/

@Spud2nique   Trae, Kyrie, Johnson, Hunter, OO and Gobert.  Build around that nucleus.  Ressler says he would go into the luxury tax.  Sign Kyrie.  Trade Capela, Collins, Gallo, Huerter, or whatever it takes to get Gobert outside of the nucleus I mentioned above.  Championships are won by a big three.  Young, Kyrie and Gobert.  Go get it done.

The Atlanta Hawks would have one of the most offensively dynamic backcourts with Kyrie Irving

This comes from Carl Dukes of “Dukes and Bell” on 92.9 The Game who took the words of owner Tony Ressler and general manager, Travis Schlenk, about needing to upgrade the roster and put it plainly saying the Hawks needed a “difference-maker”.

“We need to go get Kyrie Irving. I want bucket-getters and guys who can score. He’s a proven scorer, he’s a proven commodity…Trae has to learn how to work off of the ball. It will open up so many other things on the court, if we’re able to get to that spot, by having another ball-handler on the floor.”

We  Need to Leave Kyrie right where he is right now.   Even before the pandemic, Kyrie's love for playing the game was in question.  Kyrie is a headcase and he doesn't exhibit what we need. 

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

He never did really get back to his old self this year, not gonna speculate on all the reasons, it just didn't happen

His old self is ???   We've had him for 2 seasons, 1.5 under Nate.  With Changing roles, changing rosters, and changing coaching, I don't know if we can talk about his "old self".

He's a dynamic rim runner and that helps open up the game for Trae.  In time, he prolly will step back but I think we got him on a value contract and the combo of him and OO is a good one.   We get a good 7 footer and we're fine.

• Moderators

I can deal without flat earth “activism” (is that really what we are calling his non-anti-vax media work?) and without ever seeing a Trae/Kyrie backcourt on defense.  “Kyrie - you go check Devin Booker.  What?  Oh, you can’t because you need to take some me time?  I’m shocked.”

Kyrie is a great secondary option.  When teams key on LeBron or KD he gets himself good looks and absolutely is legit punishing defenses for not giving him the attention he would get as a #1 option.  So if we actually did this (and I can’t see that possibly happening), I don’t dispute that it would add a dimension to our team that we didn’t have this year.  But I just can’t see it.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

In my opinion, I think:

Portland will get Grant somehow.  
Kyrie will stay or get traded to the Clippers and reunite with Lue.  

As for the second star coming to the A…..only ones that have not been suggested are D’Angelo Russell and Andrew Wiggins.    And I’m not sure how much of a star they are, but Russell does appeal to me because he is a larger Pg. 

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, georgia said:

In my opinion, I think:

Portland will get Grant somehow.  
Kyrie will stay or get traded to the Clippers and reunite with Lue.  

As for the second star coming to the A…..only ones that have not been suggested are D’Angelo Russell and Andrew Wiggins.    And I’m not sure how much of a star they are, but Russell does appeal to me because he is a larger Pg. 

I actually was thinking about:

1.  Russell (if he's available).

2.  John Wall - The forgotten Man.

3.  Josh Hart.

Russell and Wall would be a two gaurd attack being next to Trae.

But more interesting is Josh Hart.   Hart is an actual SG.  He's tough.  He's a great rebounder.   He likes going in to score.  He would give us a good dimension to our offense.  He's not a star yet, but I think he would be on the verge with us. 

Portland will have Lillard and Simons as their starting backcourt.  Maybe we can entice him away from there. 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 9:04 AM, Diesel said:

We  Need to Leave Kyrie right where he is right now.   Even before the pandemic, Kyrie's love for playing the game was in question.  Kyrie is a headcase and he doesn't exhibit what we need. 

Dennis Rodman won 5 NBA championships and he was anything but normal.  He wore wedding dresses, halter tops, earrings, lipstick, you name it and that didn't stop the Pistons, Bulls or Spurs front offices from recognizing his talent.  The Nets are STILL paying Kyrie because Kyrie, like Rodman, is GOOD.  He showed up during the playoffs.  Heck, Trae Young HIMSELF said the regular season don't mean anything and got away with it. You combine his skillset with Young, get a defensive stopper like Gobert, and INSTANTLY the Hawks become one of the LEGIT top 3 teams in the East to contend for a NBA Championship.  

Kyrie Irving — Brooklyn Nets GIF by Off-Hand | Gfycat

Edited by Hawkmoor

3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Dennis Rodman won 5 NBA championships and he was anything but normal.  He wore wedding dresses, halter tops, earrings, lipstick, you name it and that didn't stop the Pistons, Bulls or Spurs front offices from recognizing his talent.  The Nets are STILL paying Kyrie because Kyrie, like Rodman, is GOOD.  He showed up during the playoffs.  Heck, Trae Young HIMSELF said the regular season don't mean anything and got away with it. You combine his skillset with Young, get a defensive stopper like Gobert, and INSTANTLY the Hawks become one of the LEGIT top 3 teams in the East to contend for a NBA Championship.  

image.gif.a67eeceed380ea5e63ac0ac6504b6cb6.gif

• Thanks 1