• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

It all makes sense now. I couldn't figure out why it was called the young core. Thanks, @terrell. It was all just a facade.

JC was drafted before he started trying to put the right pieces around Trae. is all Im saying..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

Grass is greener on the other side (always) as far as JC is concerned. 

I’m really back n forth on this. First and foremost I have loyalty for our own guys. We drafted them and we groomed them. I hate to see then leave. I understand it’s a business though. 

He is a 20/10 guy. Not many around the league. We have to think about that. Schlenk needs to stand firm on this. Seriously, how many bigs are 20/10 in the entire league? 

If he was a Bull or Knick it would be ok for him to be rumored for the 4th pick to the Kings but because it’s the Hawks it’s more realistic at 7? 🤔 Seems off. 

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m really back n forth on this. First and foremost I have loyalty for our own guys. We drafted them and we groomed them. I hate to see then leave. I understand it’s a business though. 

He is a 20/10 guy. Not many around the league. We have to think about that. Schlenk needs to stand firm on this. Seriously, how many bigs are 20/10 in the entire league? 

If he was a Bull or Knick it would be ok for him to be rumored for the 4th pick to the Kings but because it’s the Hawks it’s more realistic at 7? 🤔 Seems off. 

If he was a Bull or a Knick, his range would be the same. Just would be a lot more fans arguing online for him than there is now.

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

When was the last time a 20/10 PF traded for a Pick?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bled would have to be guaranteed and there is no chance in hell Atlanta will do that. All you gotta see is how they are doing Gallo who's better.

Hart is the only player that they can move and keep both Simons and Nurk.

JC and Portland makes a lot of sense. They don't really value positionless Basketball. Everything is rigid which fits JC a lot

Hart can defend both guard positions and even some SF's... Interesting..

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Screenshot_20220620-233606_Samsung Internet.jpg

You can get a "Damn that's big, that's for sure." 😉

But nah, it costs people nothing to be decent. I don't generally let young 20-somethings define for me what I should consider decent. I don't know much, but I kinda have a clue on that front that they almost certainly wouldn't have. You might as well pick your nose in public as to refer to James Wiseman as Dr. J... no one's going to jail over either one, but no question there would be (appropriate) snickering upon seeing the booger pulled out of one's nose or hearing that player referenced in that way.

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, terrell said:

JC was drafted before he started trying to put the right pieces around Trae. is all Im saying..

We didn't even know Trae was going to be elite until his 3rd year. So, by that definition, we don't actually have any "young core" except JJ.

S-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g... and I don't even really grasp why it would be important to do that.

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

When was the last time he was a 20/10 pf?

Edited by jy23
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

21 minutes ago, jy23 said:

Y’all will truly argue over anything. Rumor thread turned into a nickname battle lol. Well ok 

Your discretion to label it what you want to label it, and how you choose to do that, of course, is a reflection of your own attitude.

If merely a "nickname battle," that suggests one thing. I think it's more than that. So it's another thing. Random asked for the conversation. He got one. I'll always stand up for the old man who's a basketball legend, Hawk or no Hawk, and won't even barely apologize for that. Some things just should matter to people. It costs them nothing.

Just now, sturt said:

Your discretion to label it what you want to label it, and how you choose to do that, of course, is a reflection of your own attitude.

If merely a "nickname battle," that suggests one thing. I think it's more than that. So it's another thing. Random asked for the conversation. He got one. I'll always stand up for the old man who's a basketball legend, Hawk or no Hawk, and won't even barely apologize for that. Some things just should matter to people. It costs them nothing.

Ok….I’m here for trade and free agency rumors tho. Y’all have at it

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sturt said:

We didn't even know Trae was going to be elite until his 3rd year. So, by that definition, we don't actually have any "young core" except JJ.

S-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g... and I don't even really grasp why it would be important to do that.

They knew Trae was special as a rookie.......

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, terrell said:

After year two with JC. Atlanta was building around both JC and Trae. Funny how ish change

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, jy23 said:

Ok….I’m here for trade and free agency rumors tho. Y’all have at it

The only thing I go to bed tonight trusting is that Soth's probably right that CC is changing unis.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:

They knew Trae was special as a rookie.......

My friend, we had elaborate debates here on this very site about whether Trae was going to ascend to being elite. It only became clear, truly with the NYK playoff series, to the point that no one debated any longer.

I'm not making that up, and one can point to any set of highlight clips they want to... doesn't change the fact that many, if not most doubted Trae for as long as LP's tenure... ie, into Trae's third season.

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Diesel said:

SAR for Pau Gasol the 3rd pick in that draft.

Elton Brand for Tyson Chandler, I can't remember if Tyson was the 2nd or 3rd pick in that draft.

I'm sure there's been more since then. Maybe Z-bo? 

But I'm not in favor of trading JC for a pick.

Just now, terrell said:

Not easy to build around Trae Young..

This is more true than people want to admit. Trae is a superstar but he makes you play 4 on 5 on defense. That's tough to build around.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

My friend, we had elaborate debates here on this very site about whether Trae was going to ascend to being elite. It only became clear, truly with the NYK playoff series, to the point that no one debated any longer.

I'm not making that up, and one can point to any set of highlight clips they want to... doesn't change the fact that many, if not most doubted Trae for as long as LP's tenure... ie, into Trae's third season.

Im talking about the FO not some message board.. lol