• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, AHF said:

As I’ve said before, JC represents what might me our most desired trade piece so that makes sense from a fan perspective for me.  That inclination for fans gets kicked into overdrive when it is repeatedly reported that JC is on the trade block.

I can’t really speculate why so many different media outlets have reported it.   The two most likely scenarios are that there is truth to the rumor (where there is smoke…) and guys copying each others content for clicks (monkey see, monkey do).  But it is definitely out there regardless of the reason which will tend to drive more speculation among Squawkers.

My observation, fwiw...

Normally at this point, there are a good 6-12 good-to-high-profile players names that the media have some degree of reason to believe are on the move.

For whatever reason, there's really not much going on... except with the Hawks.

So, who else is there to write about?

Meanwhile, Schlenk is just doing what Koonin says they've always done.... built a whiteboard full of options, and from that, they'll distill down to what they consider to be their best. The theory goes, then, there's a whole lot of JC chatter going on because they've done what they've always done, discovering what other teams think he's worth.

Might come in handy now.

Might... like the case with Reddish this time last year... not. At least not immediately.

I suppose I have to give @Sothron the benefit of a doubt that one of those options... or, at least, one of the common elements to a few favorite options... is going to have Capela shipped out. I hope he's got some bad intel on that, but I'd surprised given his level of seeming confidence.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, thecampster said:

JJ will be a 4 for us mostly but will be a combo forward.  He is a 3/4 skill wise and can play both.  He played the 4 throughout most of G-League.

He's a poor man's Brandon Ingram.  He's a lot heavier than Brandon, but has some of the same fluid moves in the open court.  I'd love for the Hawks to play him as a big wing and as a PF.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae is fully vested and Ayton will help Trae immediately on offense 

Huh? Why do you answer questions that don’t exist. I was strictly talking about taking a rookie in the draft at 4 or 7.

How did you turn what I said into Ayton? Wow, ok.. y’all skim when you read huh? 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

One good thing about JC going to Sac is that I can see him play I’m a couple hours away. We can also see Haliburton. And by we I mean Gramp @Gray Mule (fan of Hali) and Peo @Peoriabird can cruise too to watch his boy JC! :party:

I like JC a lot, if he does end up leaving though I hope it’s the west and somewhere he can shine.

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

One good thing about JC going to Sac is that I can see him play I’m a couple hours away. We can also see Haliburton. And by we I mean Gramp @Gray Mule (fan of Hali) and Peo @Peoriabird can cruise too to watch his boy JC! :party:

I like JC a lot, if he does end up leaving though I hope it’s the west and somewhere he can shine.

Haliburton got traded to Indiana 

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I also pointed out that those guys can be found after the draft like Miami has done time after time. Why do Hawk fans want to over pay for everything?

I’m not sure what “hawk fans” you are referring to but I wouldn’t trade JC for Dyson Daniel’s. I liike Dyson Daniel and he’s said to be the best perimeter defender in this draft  but I just don’t think he’s worth giving up JC for. 
If we are going to trade collins I always said we need to get back instant value for him. Even if Dyson was to get better than collins at some point in his career it doesn’t fix the issues of today.

Its a very very big risk to take and I would only be slightly ok with it as long as we got Ayton.

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Dyson Daniels is fine with me for JC. 

Not me! I think you have to be sure you land Ayton first if you trade JC for Dyson. Can’t replace our second best offensive talent with a guy who’s strength isn’t even offense. As you know Dyson is only high in the draft due to his defensive abilities. I will say one thing that’s intriguing about Dyson Daniel….it’s very interesting he stuck out as a good defender in the g league. I believe that in itself is extremely Beneficial because he’s already playing against actual nba players even if they do go back and forth being called up and sent back down.

Dyson defense may be legit from the time he hits the court. I think the possibility is greater than a guy coming out of college.

36 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Is Dyson Daniels really the target at 7 if a JC trade is made? Daniels is definitely one of my favorite prospects in this draft 

He’s one of my favorites too. He really is but i just think if you are going to trade JC you need to find a way to assure you will get back talent and Ivey outside of Jabari Smith is the only other sure thing in this draft. Schlenk may need to up the offer to SAC for the #4 pick.

• Like 1

Big O. 

I see we've reached the portion of our regularly scheduled program where some people want to try and take a great talent at center and force him into being a power forward because they are still stuck in 1980s basketball archetypes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Big O. 

I see we've reached the portion of our regularly scheduled program where some people want to try and take a great talent at center and force him into being a power forward because they are still stuck in 1980s basketball archetypes. 

No, when we get to the point of using Glen Willis as a reference then we’ve reached rock bottom

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Big O. 

I 100% disagree. He's a PF long term and that's really it. Nothing else to it. He can defend big wings, 4, and 5s. He is elite at movement, he's a good passer for a big. Shit, that's Draymond and everyone knows Green is a 4. Get with it. Bigs wasn't f***ing versatile defensively in the 80s and 90s like that. Most couldn't f***ing guard Malone and that f***ing spammy quick hook shot. The modern NBA PF is a Draymond Green prototype. Ya'll the ones living in past times. If anything, JC is the old prototype for a 4. He just got more range than those dudes had but his positionally limited on defense to the 4. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

Big O.

*chain yanked*

Ah yes.

One of the great point guards of NBA history. Period. Thank goodness karma had Alcindor graduate from UCLA when he did, so the Big O could add a ring to his gallery of achievements.

He wasn't a Hawk, of course, but I revere the game, not just my team and my team's players.

(Why limit the omnibus thread to just 4 different concurrent conversations... when 5 is a much rounder number, right?)

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Big O. 

I was wondering why the Hawks according to some are h-ll bent on trading for a center and making him the 2nd highest paid player on the team costing us assets like JC and cap space.  This explains it.

giphy.gif

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

No, when we get to the point of using Glen Willis as a reference then we’ve reached rock bottom

Not really. He's not the czar of the telestrator or anything like that, but I find his takes worthy of a listen/read. (He's an ex-high school coach, yes???)

How many championships have modern PFs won? 

Green 4

Horford been to the ECF 4 times

Tucker 1

Giannis 1

Siakam 1

Old school 4s

JC been to the ECF once

Harrell, not once

You can't find old school 4s outside of JC even getting shine these days. You gotta be positionally versatile on defense. Gotta guard 3 positions. If you can lock mfers up like Okongwu, you are highly valued in this league. 

Center is the only position you can get away with being position limited and you better be a hell of a rim or paint protector with excellent size and length. 

Edited by NBASupes