• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It's not size.. it's skillset.

Baby Hook, rim running is not a PF in this NBA. 

He has Bam Wingspan and height.  He's about 15 lbs less and if he can convert 10 lbs of Muscle, he'd be C. 

All that scoring??

Show me something that we can conjure that's not a play in team?

Bam is wider and jumps a lot higher than Okongwu. Okongwu is as explosive as Bam and he's even more powerful when someone is posting up on him which is why he's so good against Embiid, Giannis, and Adebayo. Bam is a small ball 5. If he's bigger and jumps higher and he's a small ball 5, what's that say about Okongwu who also has to play with Trae Young. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

And very little rebounding and defense!  Sounds familiar.  Along with no bench or depth

Again I ask..

Show me something that we can conjure that's not a play in team?

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bam is wider and jumps a lot higher than Okongwu. Okongwu is as explosive as Bam and he's even more powerful when someone is posting up on him which is why he's so good against Embiid, Giannis, and Adebayo. Bam is a small ball 5. If he's bigger and jumps higher and he's a small ball 5, what's that say about Okongwu who also has to play with Trae Young. 

Skillset wise, you are what you are Supes.  He doesn't have the PF skillset..  He's behind JJ in development.  That means if you put him there, you may as well have him backing up JJ.   That means that his defense is negated because his offensive skillset is undeveloped.  As far as Bam, he has the same wingspan and height as Bam.  Bam is thicker... by 15 lbs.. I say put OO in the weight room and let him work on the Dwight Howard Workout plan. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Just pointing out that your team should not be more expensive to get the same results

It's just guesswork on your part.   Guesswork on my part says that you get scoring and defense..  I agree about Depth.. but what good is depth if you're in the play-in and your coach is running a 9 man rotation. 

• Premium Member
Just now, ShooterSays said:

There you have it. Woj is saying it’s very likely JC is on the move this week. 

Hawk fans everywhere rejoice!!!!!  Finally the Hawks can rid themselves of that cancer,  the Guy that is holding the team back, the weakest link!  The problem child!.  Hawks instantly become contenders regardless of who he is traded for once he is off the team.!!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=15021069

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Any interest?

Depending on the contract/role he is looking for - yes as a backup forward.  He would bring a demeanor the team is lacking right now. Although he and Trae may come to fisticuffs at some point. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

player                    ORTG                      DRTG                           BMP                    VORP

Jalen Johnson       98                             114                             -4.9                     -.1

John Collins           117                            108                              -.2                       .8

rookie season

They aren't even remotely the same player!

I’m not sure how you go from “not good enough to get regular minutes even with JC out for a month” to “good enough to replace JC next season.”  If you can’t bank on JJ to give you 8 minutes a game without sinking the team, how do you trust him so much now?

What if…… the Thunder are really in love with Ivey like @NBASupes has said. They don’t feel that Ivey, SGA, and Giddey can all play together… I mean, who’s the SF in that group?

SGA for John Collins

I really don’t know, but I feel like the JC trade is going to be for someone who isn’t being mentioned in rumors and takes us all by surprise. 

31 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Hawk fans everywhere rejoice!!!!!  Finally the Hawks can rid themselves of that cancer,  the Guy that is holding the team back, the weakest link!  The problem child!.  Hawks instantly become contenders regardless of who he is traded for once he is off the team.!!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=15021069

Peo whose your second fav player.. :huh:

Btw. What the hell do y’all think? Schlenk gonna come in and say..

IT TIME TO CLEAN HOUSE!!! OUT WITH ALL YOU B!TCHES!!!! :laugh1:

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I’m not sure how you go from “not good enough to get regular minutes even with JC out for a month” to “good enough to replace JC next season.”  If you can’t bank on JJ to give you 8 minutes a game without sinking the team, how do you trust him so much now?

The JC lack of respect is just getting out of hand.  What did this player do to this fan base that turned them against him?  Its really odd to me.  What's your take AHF?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Skillset wise, you are what you are Supes.  He doesn't have the PF skillset..  He's behind JJ in development.  That means if you put him there, you may as well have him backing up JJ.   That means that his defense is negated because his offensive skillset is undeveloped.  As far as Bam, he has the same wingspan and height as Bam.  Bam is thicker... by 15 lbs.. I say put OO in the weight room and let him work on the Dwight Howard Workout plan. 

Your idea of a PF is all offensive. I've said it time and time again, I prefer a PF who is excellent at defense and above average offensive than the opposite at that position. Add to the fact that Okongwu can be elite defensively at the 4. No brainer. 

Okongwu fits the ideal of a PF I would love not just next to Trae but in general. I've stood by that and will continue to stand by it. That said, he does need to add range to his game so he can fit playing next to more centers. 

• Like 1

Just now, ShooterSays said:

What if…… the Thunder are really in love with Ivey like @NBASupes has said. They don’t feel that Ivey, SGA, and Giddey can all play together… I mean, who’s the SF in that group?

SGA for John Collins

I really don’t know, but I feel like the JC trade is going to be for someone who isn’t being mentioned in rumors and takes us all by surprise. 

That wouldn’t be a surprise. We’ve mentioned SGA before. Seems like a long shot. He is one of the few guys I vouch for though. He’s legit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

There is so much to his game ya'll always avoid talking about. His elite movement skills. His ability to move cut and make reads. He doesn't have a center skill-set. Most centers can't do that. 

He's not going to be more than decent at best as a starting center next to Trae. Trae is someone we have to account for. He's going to play 35 mpg in a playoff setting. If we want to win around him, everyone has to be plus plus defensive at their position outside of our top scoring option outside of Trae. 

With Trae, the 5 has to have real size and length. Okongwu becomes like JC, expendable at the 5. At the 4, he can develop into be dispensable. 

Wrong, some of us do recognize his rare skillset and mobility. So much so that we realize he can cover the same amount of ground as a “longer” slower player at center. 

I pointed out that OO is a unicorn at center. He is unique. His movement allows him to stay in front of an elite flop artist like Embiid, as well as absorb the head down bull rush of Giannis. 

Your own boy Gobert wouldn’t be able to nothing with OO, because despite the size difference, OO’s ability to cover ground would neutralize Gobert’s elite screen setting. 

We agree that OO’s ability is rare for a center, which makes him special. You put him at PF and that movement becomes increasingly more average against these small ball 4’s. 

Honestly. I don’t care what you want to call OO defensively because at the end of the day, he will guard whoever the best big is on the other team. That’s going to be his role. But on offense, his butt aint playing outside of 15 feet until proven otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1