• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

LOL Clint get's the easiest looks at the rim (because of Trae) but is terrible at finishing those shots.

As I thought. Can I get a link to the raw data... there's something about that that doesn't pass the smell test.

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Big what if!

What if the Atlanta Hawks traded every player on the current roster for current draft picks from all the other NBA teams!  Nate refuses to play rookies.  

This keeps us well under the payroll ceiling and allows us to forfeit every game (Remember, Nate and rookies) and we would have the youngest NBA team ever.

Entire Hawk team for 14 1st round picks (We already have one) and we're in business!

🧑‍🔧Under Construction!

In Seattle, Nate played Desmond Mason as a rookie, started Luke Ridnour on a 52 win team as second year player. He started undrafted Reggie Evans as a rookie. Nick Collison was in the rotation as a rookie. Same for undrafted Damien Wilkins.

In Portland he played Jarrett Jack as a rookie then started him in his second year.

He started Roy as a rookie and Aldridge for half his rookie season. He started Batum in his rookie year and Oden for part of it.

In Indiana, Nate started second year Myles Turner in his first year as coach.

He played Aaron Holiday in the rotation as a rookie. And a little Goga Bitadze.

He played Mays and Knight as rookies.

The idea that Nate doesn't play rookies is what's BS....

He didn't play the rookies JJ and Cooper in 2021-2.  Thats about it...But they didnt play much college ball at all...

Not the biggest Nate fan.. Just sayin.....

10 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

LOL Clint get's the easiest looks at the rim (because of Trae) but is terrible at finishing those shots.

He faces by far the most traffic in terms of finishing with Embiid. His splits and percentages where much higher when he wasn't being spammed 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

It was something I found on Twitter about a month back. You can see the original post here -

Darn. I was hoping for some numbers to figure out how they put it together... doesn't fit with what I've seen, or at least what I'd thought I'd seen. Capela and Trae were golden, and even enviable. Moreover, CC has always surprised me even going back to his time in HOU how he seemed to be able to maneuver to get and make a shot when defender was right there. So for this to say my eyes have been lying to me is head scratcher.

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Darn. I was hoping for some numbers to figure out how they put it together... doesn't fit with what I've seen, or at least what I'd thought I'd seen. Capela and Trae were golden, and even enviable. Moreover, CC has always surprised me even going back to his time in HOU how he seemed to be able to maneuver to get and make a shot when defender was right there. So for this to say my eyes have been lying to me is head scratcher.

Me and you had different experiences watching the team this year then. Clint missing easy closeups was one of the most frustrating things to watch every night imo.

• Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, sturt said:

Trae and Capela work by the data. Capela has the highest offensive rating of our starters and our offense drops the minute Clint is not on the floor with Trae. Than again, his offense really drops without Trae. We didn't go from 24 in offense to 8 then 2 without the spamming of the 1/5 PnR 

• Like 1

Sothron says Capela is a goner.  Hope we draft Mark Williams instead of trading half the team for his replacement.  0017 and MW makes a good 1-2 punch.  If we do this and Collins is replaced by jj, Hawks have enough $$$ payroll for another move or three.

😇

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Me and you had different experiences watching the team this year then. Clint missing easy closeups was one of the most frustrating things to watch every night imo.

I have issues with Clint finishing as a starting big should be able to finish in traffic in at least a decent way. Clint doesn't. That said, there aren't many PnR rim runners who are as smart as Clint on offense and when he's not being spammed, he's really efficient throughout his career in the PnR. 

50 minutes ago, sturt said:

@ShooterSays ... I don't know what I'm looking at... explain like I'm 5 yrs old.

I'm hard pressed to imagine we can acquire a player who will walk in the door having PnR chemistry with Trae as CC does, and at the same time, has the defensive resume'.

It has to be for Ayton...

Young core of Trae/Ivey/Hunter/OO/Ayton/pick 16

It's Not like we were winning the Championship next season "staying pat" anyway.. lol

Edited by terrell

Couldn't have said it better myself. 

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I am high on Daniels but I agree he's not worth JC. The only thing I can think of would be this would to get out of JC's salary for LT reasons and to get Daniels at the same time.

If you trade for Ayton it hard caps you, so that may be the motivation.

45 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I see everyone with a Twitter account repeating the same rumors. Ok.

Lol rumors we've been discussing for months.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Okongwu is a PF long term. So JC lovers need to get out of their feelings and accept that fact that Okongwu would be our PF if JC is moved. You gotta give him that time to play real minutes at PF long term to develop comfort in that role. We know he has a soft touch, he's a good FT shooter for a big, he can do it. He just needs to work at it and get real minutes doing it. 

He could be.  However, right now his skillset is center.  With JJ on the roster, I'd rather have him out there than OO. JJ rebounds and playmakes from the PF position. 

Edit: It has nothing to do with being a JC advocate.  He's the better player out of all three.  I just want to keep the better player on the roster. 

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

accept that fact that Okongwu would be our PF if JC is moved.

And JJ?

When does he begin getting minutes at the 4? What is his long-term role?

• Thanks 3

Just now, NBASupes said:

He doesn't have a center skill-set. He has a tweener skill set. He needs to develop his range so he can have a skill-set of a PF. He will never have a true center skill-set. He's just too small. 

Size has nothing to do with skillset. He has a center's skillset.  What position has he played in college, high school, and the NBA?

I'll wait until infinity for you to tell me power forward and not center.

• Like 1