• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

But Why? Their has to be a reason for doing this... lol

He said in an interview that he's not good at hiding. He just puts it out there. 

Based on what I've gotten and I've mention this like 3 times

For JC

1. Wants Dyson Daniels. At first I had Mathurin and Sharpe as well but Atlanta is not as high on them. 

2. They want to trade to a team with cap space so they can take on a lot of money of JC 2022-23 salary. 

3. They aren't interested in trading 16 but we will see what happens. 

2 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Supes I asked you a question earlier in this thread, did you not see it?

ou

No. I still don't see it

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He said in an interview that he's not good at hiding. He just puts it out there. 

For JC

1. Wants Dyson Daniels. At first I had Mathurin and Sharpe as well but Atlanta is not as high on them. 

2. They want to trade to a team with cap space so they can take on a lot of money of JC 2022-23 salary. 

No. I still don't see it

I was wanting to know why are the Hawks supposedly talking with the Kings for the 4th pick, when Dyson Daniels won't even go that high?   The 4th slot is more than likely where Ivey gets picked.  We could get Daniels at #7.   Also are we keeping the 16th pick now?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

For JC

So what am I missing with this Dyson Daniels?  Even when I look at his highlights, I don't even see starter material.

1 hour ago, warcore said:

that's not good that Travis has dealt his hand. When  you're targeting a specific player in the draft that requires a trade to be in that position, you need to keep that locked up tight. 

Eventually you have to show your cards regardless.

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So what am I missing with this Dyson Daniels?  Even when I look at his highlights, I don't even see starter material.

Honestly the kid is only high due to his defensive potential something you seem to point out that we need above everything any chance you get. 
for you I would think you’d be thrilled about this. I trust a rookie coming from the gleagues defensive ability to transition to the nba better than a rookie coming out of college.

Wouldn’t trade JC for him though even if he turns out to be really good he’s not much of scorer. This would be a move of putting defense in the backcourt with Trae opposed to what we have seen with bogi and huerter.

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

I'm not.  What the hell you do with Capela?

Capela seems to have a lot of people out there that likes him so it won’t be hard to trade him.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

Honestly the kid is only high due to his defensive potential something you seem to point out that we need above everything any chance you get.

I also pointed out that those guys can be found after the draft like Miami has done time after time. Why do Hawk fans want to over pay for everything?

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Dear god.... I really hope staying out of the LT isn't driving our offseason 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

I'd imagine SAC will insist on SGA and Barrett and those will be deal breakers. We'll offer JC and that won't be enough and SAC picks at 4.

You can't say Travis didn't try

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

I was wanting to know why are the Hawks supposedly talking with the Kings for the 4th pick, when Dyson Daniels won't even go that high?   The 4th slot is more than likely where Ivey gets picked.  We could get Daniels at #7.   Also are we keeping the 16th pick now?

The Kings want to trade back a few slots while picking up an additional asset. Then they want to use the traded back pick (say 5-9) to trade for JC (if Daniels is there). In the end, they pick up JC and an additional asset for moving back, versus just JC. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

1. A team that seriously considers itself a contender doesn't go into the season wondering about the production of anyone in the starting line-up... in the rotation, sure, but not among the starters. That's how I've always thought, anyway.

2. Think what Koonin shared about the secret whiteboard room should give everyone cause for taking a breath... that is, what he described sounds not much different than building a draft board... they do their due diligence on every possible option, put it up on the whiteboard, and there it sits... and who really knows which of the options gets rated/ranked more highly than others?

Just don't need to get too wound up, it would seem to me, that Schlenk/Fields would be determining all of their options.

• Like 1

And now is about the time when every upgrade out there starts fizzling away from the Hawks grasp. It may be true that there aren’t many upgrades from JC but we really need to address our backcourt issues. Capelas health moving forward drives my quest to see them upgrade center to either a KAT/Ayton or Gobert.

Lest I remind everyone lurking this board about our abysmal defense.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Sad 2