• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Daniels isn't the same caliber player as Collins even when Collins was his age.  Collins was the star on his college team.  Daniels looks like a role player and right now doesn't even look like a starter in the NBA

I am high on Daniels but I agree he's not worth JC. The only thing I can think of would be this would to get out of JC's salary for LT reasons and to get Daniels at the same time.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Daniels isn't the same caliber player as Collins even when Collins was his age.  Collins was the star on his college team.  Daniels looks like a role player and right now doesn't even look like a starter in the NBA

Daniels fits us better. He can defend 1-3. He's long, skilled, has a high feel for the game and BBIQ, he can run the offense, he can C&S, he has a good skill set that fits exceptionally well with Trae. Atlanta been trying to land a guard and no one has came close to trading us something we need for anything we offered. Dyson would cover that for us. 

It's not about being better than JC. We know what JC is, we know he's a very good PF. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Daniels fits us better. He can defend 1-3. He's long, skilled, has a high feel for the game and BBIQ, he can run the offense, he can C&S, he has a good skill set that fits exceptionally well with Trae. Atlanta been trying to land a guard and no one has came close to trading us something we need for anything we offered. Dyson would cover that for us. 

It's not about being better than JC. We know what JC is, we know he's a very good PF. 

Matt Struss can do the same thing as an undrafted free agent. This ain't that hard to understand.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Eventually you have to show your cards regardless.

No you don't. I always remember this article from the George Hill Kawhi Leaonard trade.

Travis doesn't need to tip his hand on his projected selection.

https://grantland.com/features/analyzing-kawhi-leonard-george-hill-trade-2013-conference-finals/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I am high on Daniels but I agree he's not worth JC. The only thing I can think of would be this would to get out of JC's salary for LT reasons and to get Daniels at the same time.

I said this last week. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member

@ShooterSays ... I don't know what I'm looking at... explain like I'm 5 yrs old.

I'm hard pressed to imagine we can acquire a player who will walk in the door having PnR chemistry with Trae as CC does, and at the same time, has the defensive resume'.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

I thought there was an official Landry Fields press conference this morning?  Did anyone catch it?

Kirschner has a story up.

Nothing sandwich.

Draft night going to be interesting if Schlenk has a framework in place for #4 and Ivey is there. I'm sure it is based on maybe Collins + 16 + the CHA 2023 first (overpay with that because I'd rather us send a pair of 2nds). I'm sure they will have to wait until July 1st for a DA trade if that is the route they want. For Gobert, he brings the defensive upgrade we need but I'm sure it comes down to Ainge deciding if the Chicago deal is the best they can get or if the Hawks deal is it. I have no doubt the Hawks have discussed these scenarios with these teams and set their offer/frameworks.. it's  just a matter of if Ivey is there at 4 and if Ainge can't get Chicago to add more.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sturt said:

@ShooterSays ... I don't know what I'm looking at... explain like I'm 5 yrs old.

I'm hard pressed to imagine we can acquire a player who will walk in the door having PnR chemistry with Trae as CC does, and at the same time, has the defensive resume'.

LOL Clint get's the easiest looks at the rim (because of Trae) but is terrible at finishing those shots.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

I thought there was an official Landry Fields press conference this morning?  Did anyone catch it?

Excerpt 

“It seems natural with where we wanted to go this season and how it ended up,” Fields said of all the Hawks rumors. “There are quotes in the media of us wanting to get better, so there’s been times where teams and media have definitely locked into that and the chatter starts. For me, it doesn’t seem different than the past couple of years. We’re doing our job in calling teams and seeing what’s out there. Teams are doing their job and calling us. Perhaps there’s just more out there this year.” where this team is on that end.

“The identity defensively, that’s something we’re going to have to build into,” Fields said. “That’s been part of the reason why we haven’t taken that step. We have to have an everyday hard-hat approach to our defensive capabilities. For us, it’s how do we get tougher? How do we continue to make the right rotations? How do we take pride in point-of-attack defense? All of those things are considered into that. The identity piece is going to come when we see it consistently.

“Part of the process of where we’re at as a group, we still have a young group. Playing defense in this league is hard. Everyone watches the teams that advance in the playoffs, that is a mindset and a continuous progression they have to go through. I chalk that up to guys continuing to learn.”

Fields did say the Hawks are looking at outside talent to upgrade the defense but, of course, that will depend on who is and isn’t available through trades, free agency and the draft. He also said for the Hawks to improve next season, “defense is where it’s going to start.” It would be stunning if the Hawks don’t add several good defenders to fill out their roster in the coming weeks. Fields also echoed what Ressler said during his news conference last month: that getting a secondary ballhandler who fits with Young is also important to take some of the load off Young’s offensive responsibilities.e league.

“We still have a ways to go. We have a young group,” Fields said. “We still have areas, especially defensively, we have to continue growing. To put an exact time frame on it is difficult because you’re working with nuance and complexity with humanity. At the same time, our guys are hungry, and they’ve been working hard. For us in the front office and collaborating with our coaches, I think we’ve done an extremely good job this offseason, and it hopefully sets us up for the future.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3