• Momentane Spendenziele

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Here's the question:

By season's end, what's the drop off from JC to JJ (if any)?  Can you spend JJ's $23 million somewhere else and slide JJ into JC's slot?

Its not an LT question, its a best use of resources question.  You currently have JJ, JC, Gallo on the roster.  JJ costs less than 3 million. JC+Gallo = $45 million.  

I'm not saying I agree with the concept (not without seeing what comes back) but I am saying $45 million is a lot of money tied up in 2 players when you have a 20 year old player, locked in at $3 million / year for 3 more years (give or take) who may end up better than either.  If you get rid of both and let JJ take over, you have a whole bucket full of money to upgrade the rest of the roster with.

How we use the salary cap savings from moving JC really is the million dollar question here. Ivey is the only option I've seen that I think makes us better...and even that's not an immediate improvement as rookies generally aren't great.

But if I'm TS, I'm not betting my job on JJ being ready to take over JC's mins. I think it's likely we bring in another 4 and just barely miss the LT.

19 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Here's the question:

By season's end, what's the drop off from JC to JJ (if any)?  Can you spend JJ's $23 million somewhere else and slide JJ into JC's slot?

Its not an LT question, its a best use of resources question.  You currently have JJ, JC, Gallo on the roster.  JJ costs less than 3 million. JC+Gallo = $45 million.  

I'm not saying I agree with the concept (not without seeing what comes back) but I am saying $45 million is a lot of money tied up in 2 players when you have a 20 year old player, locked in at $3 million / year for 3 more years (give or take) who may end up better than either.  If you get rid of both and let JJ take over, you have a whole bucket full of money to upgrade the rest of the roster with.

Free up Gallo's money. Nobody disagrees with that.

Jettisoning JC for cap relief is where we all differ. I am only ok with losing JC if it means bringing back a major piece. That is not a rookie/draft pick in my opinion.

You can offload Bogi's contract for cap relief and I would not bat an eye. JC is different as different story though. I need something in return other than cap room. Thats cheapskate management.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, georgia said:

Stein says we didn’t do the deal of Grant for Bogi and 16?      What on earth

Grant future contract is a non starter. That's why they moved forward with Hunter extension 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

5 minutes ago, georgia said:

Stein says we didn’t do the deal of Grant for Bogi and 16?      What on earth

10 minutes ago, sturt said:

2. Think what Koonin shared about the secret whiteboard room should give everyone cause for taking a breath... that is, what he described sounds not much different than building a draft board... they do their due diligence on every possible option, put it up on the whiteboard, and there it sits... and who really knows which of the options gets rated/ranked more highly than others?

Just don't need to get too wound up, it would seem to me, that Schlenk/Fields would be determining all of their options.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, warcore said:

He ain't f'qn around, Peo. Better wise up. 

He's trying to show you the light. Up to you to open your eyes. 

player                    ORTG                      DRTG                           BMP                    VORP

Jalen Johnson       98                             114                             -4.9                     -.1

John Collins           117                            108                              -.2                       .8

rookie season

They aren't even remotely the same player!

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I am only ok with losing JC if it means bringing back a major piece. That is not a rookie/draft pick in my opinion.

I don't get the idea of rolling the dice on a draftee.

And yet, I feel better about Travis' talent assessment if he's picking from a group than if he's trading for a specific vet.

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I'm sorry man...This kind of stuff ruins credibility

How?

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Some think Ivey is the next DWade. 

He can be a star. His game is tailor made for the NBA 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

How?

Daniels isn't the same caliber player as Collins even when Collins was his age.  Collins was the star on his college team.  Daniels looks like a role player and right now doesn't even look like a starter in the NBA

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Based on what I've gotten and I've mention this like 3 times

For JC

1. Wants Dyson Daniels. At first I had Mathurin and Sharpe as well but Atlanta is not as high on them. 

You think if we traded up to #4 we may take Daniels over Ivey?  Man i hope not.