The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member

Let's put together some of this puzzle shall we....

1. Bogi/#16 to Detroit for Grant. 

A few days later....

1. CC/Kev to Minny for Russell and a future first...

(This move opens cap space... + whatever we do with Gallo). 

1. JC/Future 1st  to Phoenix for Ayton.

After the smoke clears:

• Trae/Shariffe
  • Russell/Delon (I hope).
  • Hunter/Knox or TLC??
  • Grant/JJ
  • Ayton/OO

Maybe we're talking to the Kings trying to get Davion Mitchell via Trade?  Or maybe we're using them to Force Phoenix' hand.  That's right, we didn't do anything with Gallo?  Somewhere there may be a BU OG/SF that can be had for Gallo...

8 minutes ago, sturt said:

You can say that, but Schlenk might not.

Schlenk's comments for two years now have suggested he believes smaller post players are going to become convention. That conviction first came to light after MIA won their rings.

Okay... you will see. 

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

A few days later....

After the smoke clears:

• Trae/Shariffe
  • Hunter/Knox or TLC??
  • Grant/JJ
  • Ayton/OO

Maybe we're talking to the Kings trying to get Davion Mitchell via Trade?  Or maybe we're using them to Force Phoenix' hand.  That's right, we didn't do anything with Gallo?  Somewhere there may be a BU OG/SF that can be had for Gallo...

I hope and pray not!

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Okay... you will see. 

What does that even mean?

You're reading Schlenk's mind now?

Or, you've mastered the theory of relativity thing, and you've been to the future and back?

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

A few days later....

After the smoke clears:

• Trae/Shariffe
  • Hunter/Knox or TLC??
  • Grant/JJ
  • Ayton/OO

After years and years of gathering assets... If we turn Kev/Bogi/JC/CC/#16 into DLo/Grant/Ayton I might never watch another game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I hope and pray not!

Prayer is always a good idea, but too, that would make Schlenk out to be quite the liar.

That's not the Schlenk we've known.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

A few days later....

After the smoke clears:

• Trae/Shariffe
  • Hunter/Knox or TLC??
  • Grant/JJ
  • Ayton/OO

Somebody get me the Schlenk exact quote... @Diesel needs smelling salts.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

After years and years of gathering assets... If we turn Kev/Bogi/JC/CC/#16 into DLo/Grant/Ayton I might never watch another game.

We got guys on here wishing for Daniels... Undersized Forward that plays OK defense... Not great defense...  Watch the first three minutes of this video..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We got guys on here wishing for Daniels... Undersized Forward that plays OK defense... Not great defense...  Watch the first three minutes of this video..

You're totally ignoring the fact that DLO and Grant are both in the last years of their deals and are expecting big pay days. Welcome to cap hell and it only cost us trading half of our team to get there.

Edited by ShooterSays
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Daniels can sit behind him for a year.. Dlo is expiring. lol

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, Diesel said:

A few days later....

After the smoke clears:

• Trae/Shariffe
  • Hunter/Knox or TLC??
  • Grant/JJ
  • Ayton/OO

That is an expensive play in team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This is losing the common sense. 

Looking at the team, I think Bogi or Huerter and Gallo need to go. Why? We need a better fit at SG and another wing defender, Bogi and Huerter are the same player and we are destroyed with them on the floor. Gallo needs to go to clear cap space for OO and JJ, if posible upgrade defense as well.

We don't need to trade Capela or Collins, they perform well on defense and offense and are positives for the team. You just trade them for upgrades.

We need to keep things clear, Grant and DLo are not upgrades and are more expensive, that is not a improvement

Edited by gurpilo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

You're totally ignoring the fact that DLO and Grant are both in the last years of their deals and are expecting big pay days. Welcome to cap hell and it only cost us trading half of our team to get there.

I'm not  stuck on Grant.. as if played right, he's replaced by JJ.   D-Lo may earn his keep. 

As far as trading the whole team.. read my post.. my preference is to keep JJ and CC and just bring in a Big Big either through the draft or FA.  IN FAcy there are plenty.   I don't think we need Ayton. I don't think Ayton is much better than Clint overall.  IF at all.   But if this is the direction that the rumors are pointing.. this makes some sense. 

DeLo.. 2ndary Ball handler who plays defense. 

I don't really like Grant but I heard about that trade (Grant going elsewhere) before the Ayton or Gobert talk got hot. 

I think is very likely allí this is a smoke screen and most likely there is another trade we have no news about It or we keep the team and make a good selection at 16, I would like Tari Eason, BU SF solved and we just need a starting SG, Bogi, Huerter and Gallo are the trade pieces.

Edited by gurpilo

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I can see OO at PF. I actually think that has to be his position as a starter. He's simply too small to be a full time center. My fear though is we have no idea if he can shoot the ball. He has incredible soft touch around the rim. He has the makings of a low post game. He shoots ok at the stripe which I am a firm believer that means it can translate to at least hitting mid range jumpers.

But him starting at PF while we have Ayton at center? Oh boy. I know Ayton has a mid range jumper so I suppose we can just move the pieces around but the giant step for JC was his ability to become a near 40% or better three point shooter and his defense picking up.

For OO he needs to have at least a mid range jumper and his rebounding has to improve. Drastically improve for that matter. Moving him to PF and letting Ayton body up on bigger bodies would definitely help OO on the rebound front. 

It's not size.. it's skillset.

Baby Hook, rim running is not a PF in this NBA. 

He has Bam Wingspan and height.  He's about 15 lbs less and if he can convert 10 lbs of Muscle, he'd be C. 

17 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

That is an expensive play in team

All that scoring??

Show me something that we can conjure that's not a play in team?

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No you don't. I always remember this article from the George Hill Kawhi Leaonard trade.

Travis doesn't need to tip his hand on his projected selection.

https://grantland.com/features/analyzing-kawhi-leonard-george-hill-trade-2013-conference-finals/

How does one make a trade without letting it be know who you want in the trade? You can only play coy for so long.

Edited by bleachkit