• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

16 minutes ago, JTB said:

Man I remember that one!  If I’m not mistaking I was the one who posted the thread about the amare for smith trade possibility after hearing it on ESPN from Brian Windhurst.

I don’t know how to look up old threads but at least I think it was me lol 

It was a big deal back in those days. Amare was an all nba player. 

• Like 2

A lot of teams trying to move up. So far, he's hearing Atlanta isn't shopping Okongwu, Hunter, or Trae. Although Murray is possible and if Okongwu is SAS top target, Okongwu could be moved to land Murray for Atlanta. He's saying SA is listening to offers for Murray. Not to say they will trade him, they are entertaining offers. This was the first time all offseason, we have heard Okongwu outside of the untouchables list. Even when Ayton or Gobert is mention, Okongwu name is on the untouchables list. It seems like a package around Okongwu is what Atlanta is seeking for Dejonte Murray. SA is also trying to move up to land Keegan Murray or Jaden Ivey. Could Murray be moved to Sacramento, it's possible. This is my first time hearing Murray name mentioned in trade talks. He was presumed to be untouchable. Not sure what changed things to where SA is listening to offers. It just shows you, if a certain player because available, players who generally aren't available are available for them. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

A lot of teams trying to move up. So far, he's hearing Atlanta isn't shopping Okongwu, Hunter, or Trae. Although Murray is possible and if Okongwu is SAS top target, Okongwu could be moved to land Murray for Atlanta. He's saying SA is listening to offers for Murray. Not to say they will trade him, they are entertaining offers. This was the first time all offseason, we have heard Okongwu outside of the untouchables list. Even when Ayton or Gobert is mention, Okongwu name is on the untouchables list. It seems like a package around Okongwu is what Atlanta is seeking for Dejonte Murray. SA is also trying to move up to land Keegan Murray or Jaden Ivey. Could Murray be moved to Sacramento, it's possible. This is my first time hearing Murray name mentioned in trade talks. He was presumed to be untouchable. Not sure what changed things to where SA is listening to offers. It just shows you, if a certain player because available, players who generally aren't available are available for them. 

Just a FYI, I don't believe we will get Murray. I don't believe we will trade Okongwu. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I would give up OO to get Murray from SAS. He's a perfect fit to Trae. He can defend, shoot and pass.

While I'll be extremely reluctant. With the way Murray plays, he resolves the playmaking guard quarrel and he's legit too. I don't believe he's a perfect fit but I believe gives us the ability to stick with our current core and continue to push. Overall team defense will be an issue but you got two guys who can draw double teams. That's tough

• Like 3

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I would give up OO to get Murray from SAS. He's a perfect fit to Trae. He can defend, shoot and pass.

Here we go again...Giving up lottery a player for a player picked late in the 1st round....29th to be exact.  Hmmmm seem to be a trend with the Hawks fans.  Instead of using all of that draft capital to draft that kind of player in the 1st place, we rather buy high.  Sounds like a bad trading strategy to me.  Buy high sell low.

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Murray is legit. OO is still unknown and playing out of position at center. You have to give something to get something. It doesn't matter where the two guys were drafted at. One is an All Star who is a perfect backcourt fit to our superstar and the other is not. 

As @NBASupes has said countless times and I agree 100% with him...this isn't about making the best Hawks team in a vacuum. We have to make the best Hawks team AROUND Trae. Anything else is a failure of team building.

I strongly think Okongwu defensive potential is off the charts as his metrics are all exceptional for a 2nd year player defensively. 

Murray is legit. I do think he makes us better 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I had the Hawks trading for Dejuante Murray and then trading him to Brooklyn for Kyrie Irving in my mock way back during the season before the trade deadline.  Murray straight up coming to Atlanta for Okongwu is interesting because Jalen Johnson could still be that guy.  I also would prefer to keep Collins in that type of situation.

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Here we go again...Giving up lottery a player for a player picked late in the 1st round....29th to be exact.  Hmmmm seem to be a trend with the Hawks fans.  Instead of using all of that draft capital to draft that kind of player in the 1st place, we rather buy high.  Sounds like a bad trading strategy to me.  Buy high sell low.

There was a time when EVERY team in the league would have traded every pick they had including their lottery pick for Kawhi Leonard who was drafted 15th in the first round by the Spurs.  Most of them still would.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 2

If we somehow land Ayton I wouldn’t mind Jae Crowder coming along as well.

Always wanted a Crowder/PJ Tucker (annoying I know) type. Rugged on defense but reliable from the perimeter and love to mix it up.

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

Theirs very little i wouldn't give up for Murray to pair with Trae.  I agree he is the perfect partner in crime you could ask for on what we need. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Roses 🌹 are red, violets are blue, if you haven’t purposed a deal by now I feel bad for you. Schlenk will wheel and most likely deal, but whose to say it’ll be a steal. Ayton is big, Ayton is strong 💪🏿 But if we chose Ayton could we go wrong? 

Now it’s 1am and I’m feeling tired, I’ll head to bed now and tomorrow get wired. ☕️ 

18th century poet -Spud

@sturt Nothing to report as of 1am pst! 🫡 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I strongly think Okongwu defensive potential is off the charts as his metrics are all exceptional for a 2nd year player defensively. 

Murray is legit. I do think he makes us better 

I still think Murray would require a ton to get even if a deal is centered around OO. I think it would be something like OO, JC, + 1st that the Spurs would want for Murray and filler (maybe Poetl).

There would be a big hole at PF going forward where we can’t even place OO there. Any deal for Murray TO ME will involve Spurs wanting back JC at minimum ( a borderline all star) + at least 1 first rd pick even if OO is the main conveyed target. Heck we’d probably have to trade do that Huerter trade to get pick number 8 to send over to San Antonio just to get the deal done as well.

I don’t believe Murray will be traded but I do think the spurs are putting his name out there to see who they can flat out potentially rob to speed up their rebuild. It’s actually less expensive to go after Ivey at #4 in my opinion. 

17 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Theirs very little i wouldn't give up for Murray to pair with Trae.  I agree he is the perfect partner in crime you could ask for on what we need. 

10 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I would also give a lot for Murray.  I would sacrifice our depth for the chance to join Young, Murray and Ayton

Ok well I’m sure OO package is still expensive going out that will have to include JC and perhaps a lottery first to get done which would force us to trade another core member to get a lottery pick like Huerter + 16th pick for 8th pick then this could help Spurs get into the top 4 to get the player they really convey by using the 8th and 9th pick to Sacramento.

Or spurs could want back OO + Huerter and the 7th pick if by us trading  JC + 16th pick to the blazers for the 7th pick + Hart. 

I like Murray a lot too but I just can’t see us getting him cheap!  It’s safer to go after Ayton and keep JC and maybe consider starting Delon Wright at the 2 for defensive reasons.