• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bogi is the name that comes up with the Spurs.

I've proposed, with varying degrees of seriousness, maybe 5 deals over the course of the last month.

One of them was premised on the idea that we trade out of the draft for vets, but then we make up for the lack of young new blood by exchanging BogBog for the supposed apple of Schlenk's eye last draft... Josh Primo...

I still like the concept, but I still say it depends on the other moving parts.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

On Simmons, Nets have waffled back and forth but they are considering turning the PG duties over to him next year, walking away from Kyrie and back filling talent.  Chance of landing Simmons right now is <5%, if that. Probably shouldn't even be discussed.

So are the Nets hoping Kyrie picks up his option this season vs signing an extension?

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

On Simmons, Nets have waffled back and forth but they are considering turning the PG duties over to him next year, walking away from Kyrie and back filling talent.  Chance of landing Simmons right now is <5%, if that. Probably shouldn't even be discussed.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

So are the Nets hoping Kyrie picks up his option this season vs signing an extension?

Now I'm seeing this:

Kyrie Irving, Nets working to find a happy medium?

i_25_be_b3_kyrie-irving.png?w=190Despite the Nets and Kyrie Irving hitting an impasse in their talks, both sides are still working to find a happy medium in Brooklyn rather than an exit strategy out of it. Or as a source told The Post “what’s good for both [sides].”

Brooklyn can make up to 15 percent of Irving’s next contract — about $6 million — payable as “unlikely bonuses,” affording 10 times the protection in his current deal. But sources implied the length of the deal is more of a sticking point than the money; Irving wants a longer contract, while the Nets prefer a shorter one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sturt said:

I've proposed, with varying degrees of seriousness, maybe 5 deals over the course of the last month.

One of them was premised on the idea that we trade out of the draft for vets, but then we make up for the lack of young new blood by exchanging BogBog for the supposed apple of Schlenk's eye last draft... Josh Primo...

I still like the concept, but I still say it depends on the other moving parts.

Zero shot. This would be a small cap savings type deal with Josh Richardson or Langford and fillers.

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It seems like Atlanta reluctant to trade Kevin unless it's just Kevin and 16. It's an either or thing. NO prefers a 2023 1st. 

Hell they should have done that yesterday.  If it's just 16 and Charlotte's first.  

However, Atlanta may have other plans for that pick. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Zero shot. This would be a small cap savings type deal with Josh Richardson or Langford and fillers.

What's the upside of that?

You'd be replacing a player who is already embedded in the chemistry of the team, rolling the dice on someone who has none of that, and moreover isn't an improvement, and moreover, most days, isn't even on the same plane as BogBog.

Easy pass for me, then.

If I'm dealing with SAS, I'm talking with them about someone who walks in the door with on-the-court upside, not on-the-payroll upside.

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It seems like Atlanta reluctant to trade Kevin unless it's just Kevin and 16. It's an either or thing. NO prefers a 2023 1st. 

Which is it?

Kevin and #16

Kevin and #16 and 2023 1st

Kevin and 2023 1st

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

They would be highly pissed if I did that.  This is some stupid "PCP Roadshow" thing that they have already rescheduled about 3 times.  

Plus, I'm now on the medical marijuana committee for this clinic system and will have to go to another meeting in a couple of weeks where we are starting to work on the policies for the medical marijuana cards.

Hey, better cash in the 'it's not my fault, it's covid' chips while you still can.

38 minutes ago, marco102 said:

If we can't get Murray, Brogdon is a solid option.

Yeah, until he gets hurt again....

11 minutes ago, sturt said:

I nominate this for GIF of the month... nah... year... nah... GIF hall of fame.

*audible gasp*

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e477s38hn583ht9hjxcki

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e477s38hn583ht9hjxcki

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47o9a1yxa2zoi3qn5j1l

7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Blah, blah, blah ..........

Chance of landing Simmons right now is <5%, if that. Probably shouldn't even be discussed.

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47oeambwemvy0l1a3ft

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47oeambwemvy0l1a3ft

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You know, I'm a big believer in Rashad Phillips's ability to identify talent.  His draft guide kind of sucks for the price you have to pay for it though.

He's really good. He always seems to find sleepers

• Like 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

I'd rather see us find a way to win without KD.

I'd suspend my Hawks Kids membership card if that ever happened, for essentially same reason I'd do the same with my Nats Kids membership card were any of the Asterisks to end up in a Nats line-up.

Cannot stomach people who take shortcuts to win a trophy... ringbrats. You don't wanna get me started. I mean, you know me, I'm not all that opinionated, but I do draw a line there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1