• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Kyrie is using the threat of KD wanting to leave as leverage to get what he wants from the Nets. KD is also in on it because he told the Nets he was okay with them shopping Kyrie, which is a subtle way of corroborating that he (KD) is no longer committed to seeing their partnership through.

It's a bunch of posturing that will drag out way longer than the draft. 

As many have said, if there is a deal on the table, you don't put it on hold because of the idea of KD. That entire situation in Brooklyn is a soap opera that's only on it's second scene and won't be resolved tonight. Their agents are likely just using the draft as a pawn to scare the crap out of Brooklyn.

I think the Nets and Kyrie and KD has always had an uneasy relationship.  I remember Sean Marks saying they didn't even interview KD - he just announced he would be signing with the Nets or something crazy like that.  They didn't recruit KD to join Kyrie on the Nets

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Sadly, since Durant has an argument to being considered the best in the game, you have to explore the faintest possibility of acquiring him.

Double sadly, the likelihood this whole thing is a farcical display by he and Irving is relatively high.

Thus, triply-sadly, there's a strong chance the pursuit blows up in our faces and we miss out on actual possibilities. 

But, all that said, how bad would it look if we end up hearing the interest in KD coming is/was real?

*sigh*

f***, I hate when it gets triply-sadly

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think the Nets and Kyrie and KD has always had an uneasy relationship.  I remember Sean Marks saying they didn't even interview KD - he just announced he would be signing with the Nets or something crazy like that.  They didn't recruit KD to join Kyrie on the Nets

If KD was tight with Kyrie, Kyrie would have been with the team for most of last year (at least the road games).

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Exactly -- it would be a $$$ move, not a winning basketball move.  I would love KD if we didn't have to mortgage our future for him.  It's too risky and the guy is getting old.... we'd have a 2 year window to make something happen and I hate feeling like my team is on a timer lol

How in the heck is adding a HOF fame player in his prime, not a winning basketball move?  The future we would be mortgaging might not have ONE All-Star in it.  But you're worried about a future?

This is Highlight Factory talk, when everyone was all-in on Josh Smith, cherished the youthful solidness of Al Horford, and appreciated JJ as a player, but not as a superstar.

You don't win in the NBA with hopes and dreams.  You win with talent.

• Like 3

I'll say this based on our conversations. If the Hawks want KD, they will have to sell our squad to KD. What we have after that trade will not be good enough but we still got some good pieces like Trae, Hunter, Bogi, Capela and Gallo that's left while being crushed draft asset wise. The idea is, Brooklyn is calling Kyrie's bluff and we shall see what happens but Brooklyn is currently listening to offers. I am told a lot of teams have made offers and Miami has offered Herro and Lowry and picks for KD and they are the presumed leaders as they have the squad to win with KD after that deal but Brooklyn wants a lot more than what Miami can offer. Atlanta offer is elite but they gotta put together a better squad for KD or else, he won't come to Atlanta. Some others have elite offers but it's all about KD, he gets to choose the place. Even though KD doesn't have a NTC, Brooklyn is still working with him to go where he feels he gets a chance to win and Brooklyn gets a good offer. 

Brooklyn is planning on keeping Simmons and building around him. So all of the pieces must fit around him. Brooklyn does want to pay the LT if KD is no longer there. This is why I said, Brooklyn is calling Kyrie's bluff. The Hawks will have to make more moves to land KD and show that they have a contender. It's that simple.

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

HOF fame player in his prime

To be fair, KD is past his prime at this point and getting up there in age. He may play at a high level for the duration of his contract, but it feels too risky. 

Get Murray, get Ayton/Gobert and lets run it. That keeps us in contender status without necessarily mortgaging our future.

KD is wonderful, but there are other, likely better, paths to winning. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

How in the heck is adding a HOF fame player in his prime, not a winning basketball move?  The future we would be mortgaging might not have ONE All-Star in it.  But you're worried about a future?

This is Highlight Factory talk, when everyone was all-in on Josh Smith, cherished the youthful solidness of Al Horford, and appreciated JJ as a player, but not as a superstar.

Agree with you on this.  Very high possibility that KD is one of the best 5 players or at least top 10 players the next couple years.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Muarry is more realistic imo..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Exactly -- it would be a $$$ move, not a winning basketball move.  I would love KD if we didn't have to mortgage our future for him.  It's too risky and the guy is getting old.... we'd have a 2 year window to make something happen and I hate feeling like my team is on a timer lol

You've forgotten this already?  Thank God that Trae was on his game that night as well.

12 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Man Of Culture GIFs | Tenor

LOL "CUT THE SHIT TONY!"

No doubt.  She is IMPRESSIVE.  That was the safest NSFW pic that I could post.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I'll say this based on our conversations. If the Hawks want KD, they will have to sell our squad to KD. What we have after that trade will not be good enough but we still got some good pieces like Trae, Hunter, Bogi, Capela and Gallo that's left while being crushed draft asset wise. The idea is, Brooklyn is calling Kyrie's bluff and we shall see what happens but Brooklyn is currently listening to offers. I am told a lot of teams have made offers and Miami has offered Herro and Lowry and picks for KD and they are the presumed leaders as they have the squad to win with KD after that deal but Brooklyn wants a lot more than what Miami can offer. Atlanta offer is elite but they gotta put together a better squad for KD or else, he won't come to Atlanta. Some others have elite offers but it's all about KD, he gets to choose the place. Even though KD doesn't have a NTC, Brooklyn is still working with him to go where he feels he gets a chance to win and Brooklyn gets a good offer. 

Brooklyn is planning on keeping Simmons and building around him. So all of the pieces must fit around him. Brooklyn does want to pay the LT if KD is no longer there. This is why I said, Brooklyn is calling Kyrie's bluff. The Hawks will have to make more moves to land KD and show that they have a contender. It's that simple.

Can we get back to Murray now?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

miami-heat-introduce-ray-allen.webp

All I needed to hear. Move on and get Murray/Ayton.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, akay said:

To be fair, KD is past his prime at this point and getting up there in age. He may play at a high level for the duration of his contract, but it feels too risky. 

Get Murray, get Ayton/Gobert and lets run it. That keeps us in contender status without necessarily mortgaging our future.

What about his performance last season makes you think he’s not still elite?  I think on a different roster his performance would have led to a great season for his team. No Kyrie, no Ben and some disappointments from the rest of the team were why the Nets weren’t better.

1 minute ago, akay said:

This is crazy talk.  Like Lebron, KD is still going to be an elite player at age 36, because his game is not predicated on strength or athleticism.

So ya'll would really balk on a deal to get Durant?  The team that 90% of this fan base ripped all year.  NOW ya'll loyal to them?   

Ya'll worried about the future.  Gas might be $15/gal by this time next year.  Better live for today, instead of trying to get to tomorrow.

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Muarry is more realistic imo..

Definitely.  I have zero confidence in us getting KD period, let alone without getting our roster.  But he is clearly still great imo.  So if he is really being floated by Brooklyn then you make that call and see what is possible.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Can we get back to Murray now?

Did the Spurs actually talk to the Hawks about a Dejounte Murray trade?
Yes, it sounds like those talks did occur. While sources connected to the Spurs won’t confirm or deny the rumor, multiple league sources say the report is true. In fact, third and fourth teams were actively involved at one point in time yesterday afternoon. 

“There was a two hour window where [sic] the trade looked like it was nearing completion. Agents were even in on the call,” reads a text I got from a source last night.

Right now, I’m told that the talks have simmered. However, the Hawks are telling teams that Collins will be traded today so it’s possible that the Murray to the Hawks rumors will heat back up as the NBA draft nears.

What would the Spurs have received from the Hawks in the proposed trade?
First of all, I’m told that Collins wasn’t headed to the Spurs in the deal that was discussed yesterday. Collins was being sent to a third team. That team, believed to also be in the Western Conference, was set to send further draft compensation to the Spurs.

In total, San Antonio was in line to get at least four first round picks in return for Murray.

Why did trade talks stall?
It sounds like it came down to the pick protection. The Spurs wanted minimal protections on the first round picks, while the Hawks and the other team(s) involved wanted to include pick swaps and lottery protections. 

Could Dejounte Murray still be traded to the Hawks today?
It’s possible — but sources have gotten more pessimistic in recent hours. The Spurs are holding firm on requiring a monumental haul in order to trade Murray. A source says San Antonio wants a “Godfather offer” and is in no rush to trade Murray.

https://www.spurstalk.com/dejounte-murray-trade-rumor-atlanta-hawks/

• Thanks 1