• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Is jumping at the first opportunity really a more intelligent process?

We are well past the first opportunity.  KD is 34 years old.  Will cost too much and most likely isn't even entertaining Atl. 

Go build up a young contender with players that  are  on the same timeline as Trae. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The Hawks aren't doing the Murray deal and the Nets have been extremely reluctant to trade KD and putting out there that they want to sign Kyrie back. 

The bold part is that Per your source or was this an opinion of yours ?

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This doesn't make sense for any of the teams except Brooklyn, maybe.

Brooklyn loses shooting with Harris.

Charlotte would only want JC if they don't want to pay Bridges the max.

Why would Charlotte want Harris with an already overpaid and injured Hayward.

Hawks definitely don't need Harris.

I can't say I know enough what Bouknight brings to say he can contribute to making us a better team next year.

This is UGLY!

For what it's worth, hopefully nothing...

That guy was the first evidently to break the news that Kawhi was leaving TOR for LAC... didn't have all the particulars, but he had a source that had that much right.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's been out since draft night. It's that instead of us taking it, we decided to start a Dejounte to Atlanta movement online. 

Interesting. So Murray is out. Gobert is out. Of course now that the draft is over we can’t trade up for anyone…is Ayton still on the table as a possibility?

Just now, NBASupes said:

Charlotte isn't going to trade him. 

O I I agree only way they prolly do it is if miles gets super expensive. That Hayward deal and rosier extensions really look bad in this day.. as far as the trade it Makes a lot of sense for the hawks if they believe in bouknight. I liked him coming out. So could be a win.

1 minute ago, sturt said:

Kinda helped, maybe, that SAS didn't wear much off his tires, too. Maybe an Al Horford 2022 duplicate story in the making (ie, remembering OKC didn't wear much off his tires, either).

I think he would be the perfect fit honestly for our more defensive based style and he's an elite locker room guy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Royjr9 said:

O I I agree only way they prolly do it is if miles gets super expensive. That Hayward deal and rosier extensions really look bad in this day.. as far as the trade it Makes a lot of sense for the hawks if they believe in bouknight. I liked him coming out. So could be a win.

They gotta get rid of Rozier even more. That's the contract that has to go. No one is touching that Hayward deal. The Pistons got the 13th pick for 9 million dollar contract. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They gotta get rid of Rozier even more. That's the contract that has to go. No one is touching that Hayward deal. The Pistons got the 13th pick for 9 million dollar contract. 

Yeah maybe they can rope the spurs into this somehow.

3 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Letss goo!

Shit! I hope Jake for real on this because I was told this shit is dead as a skunk. All of them moves Jake been promising be dying in transit. This beat an acceptable deal if the value is right.

• Like 1

Just now, GameTime said:

giphy.gif

Please TS move on from the Durant Dream and get it done.

They aren't in the Durant stakes no more, no one is, Brooklyn closed up shop on that, that said this could be big. Dejounte wants to come to Atlanta and has made it clear but SA needs to lessen their wants. Three 1sts is insane.

1 minute ago, sturt said:

Just saw this.

One thing's for sure... Fischer seems to be the source for pretty much every rumor at this point... unless I'm missing something (?)...

2022-06-26_19-28-42.png

He's been putting a lot out there and every time I reach out to my guy, he says it's already dead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Every rumor is a leverage play, by us or by other teams. 

Truth is, if we are likely hearing about it, it's already dead. The only time I can remember an elongated deal was LA/NO for AD. And that was because of AD.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Every rumor is a leverage play, by us or by other teams. 

I've had the new thought... dangerous, yes... that in sturt world where sturt is commish, it would be cool if teams had to submit 5 trades every week that they would be willing to make... and of course not that every team would take it seriously, but track with me here...

And. If any team's trade submitted to my office matched another team's trade... I'd just stamp it "approved," and call both GMs to congratulate them on their deal.

Kind-of a silent auction approach... hehe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1