• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If the Spurs are going to waive him, can we resign Gallo? 

The current rule is unchanged since the Ilgauskas situation: A player is ineligible to return to the team that traded him for one year or until July 1 of the year his bought-out contract expired.

However, if the player is traded again before being bought out, that restriction only applies to the team that traded him last. A situation came up in 2017 that brought that particular provision to light.

https://www.sportscasting.com/nba-buyout-market-explained-the-dos-and-donts-heading-toward-march-1/

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

What makes you think you can’t play Murray and Delon Wright together? 

nate can absolutely play them together and if all is correct that bogi gets traded after Murray trade is completed then there’s going to be plenty of minutes at both backup guard positions. Huerter will likely be the swingman that switches between SG and SF.

i don’t disagree with you that Trae and/or Murray will always be on the court but even then it’s going to always be with either Wright or Huerter as the first two off the bench . The rookie AJ will get spot minutes where he can along with other young guys.

10 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Well for 1, we won’t have enough cap to sign Wright without first moving Bogi or Kev. So a move for Wright is also a decision to move on from Bogi likely and commit to defense at backup Guard.

For 2, with that understanding, yes we expect minutes to be staggered. There are 96 mins at PG/SG. There is enough time for all 3 to play 30+ if you wanted. But likely Delon gets no more than 24 and Kev has the remaining balance with the majority of his time at backup SF now.

3. injuries happen. And if you’re the Hawks, they happen often. Doesn’t not hurt to have overlap of depth and talent. 

I think the big thing to understand is point #1. We aren’t carrying Trae, Murray, Bogi, Wright and Kev. One will not be here and by the sounds of it, Bogi is the one we want to move out the most.

I agree with most of that. My point is we have to remember that we have to keep as many shooters as possible also. Our offense was great because we had multiple shooters around Trae. We can't go to far away from what was successful.  The only time I want to see Delon and Murray on the court is when we need stops in the last minutes of crucial games. Playing them together in most games would be a self-check IMO. We have to find the right balance between offense and defense.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Hey guys I need to mention that we are being watched and we need to make sure we only post accurate information from now on…

Naww….  HAWKS NBA CHAMPS 2023!!!!!

Who's watching, and duh. We got Murray, KD, and Ayton coming through. Impossible to beat 

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Gallo has to agree to a change to his contract to change the guarantee amount. That means he has leverage. That extra 2 million for the pick swap sure seems like it is headed his way now.

Hi agent is also negotiating which team he's going to after being waived :spiteful: - no tampering, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

Want to get prematurely hyped? Can’t wait to see more of this:

He risks only getting $5m and waived losing $8m+ to not even play a game

At 1:33 of that highlight tape. Yikes 😬 that was shades of Tmac off the glass.

He’s got a ton of athleticism, reminds you a bit of a 2015ish Russ but he plays both sides and he shares more at key times.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hi agent is also negotiating which team he's going to after being waived :spiteful: - no tampering, lol.

I also believe that the league office reviews all contracts so if there’s an amendment to his existing deal then that’s something they’d want the once over on, adding just that teensy extra step.  Either way, I don’t think any of the parties are breaking night on this or deviating from normal business hours. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Bogi and Capela for Gobert is still possible but not without the picks to go with it.

More likely Bogi for a couple of filler players....TLC types. You won't have to pay to ship Bogi. Bogi can shoot and there are always a few teams needing a shooter.  But Murray is the upgrade to Bogi. He's now expendable. Bogi is a 2.  Huerter can play both the 2 and 3 off the bench and is a lower salary. He's not going anywhere unless its to land an upgrade.

Hilarious if we land Murray and Gobert.

Front office to Schlenk: Get better on D.

Schlenk…..Gets Gobert (1st in blocks) and Murray (first in steals) both all defensive teams and one a 3 time DPOY?

image.gif.15b9b40418410210e3e927b269862524.gif

• Like 2