• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, TRW said:

I hear you AHF, but I'm old school and from a different generation. I refuse to let anybody finesse/fleece me and I refuse to let any man hold me hostage. 

Don't know which generation you are from but holding firm on a final offer is not unusual in historical negotiations.  Think of old school labor negotiations.  That is where the employer's right to implement their best and final offer over the objection of the union came from and what would lead to strikes from the union in response.  I just see it as a basic firm position that applies to any generation of bargaining.

51 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I'm about to negotiate a new salary for a promotion and I'm terrified of that very thing. I hate negotiating. Hate that feeling of asking, getting rejected and having to slide down to the offer. There is no worse feeling than an over reach in negotiating. Always fearful you blew the deal altogether.  The old rule of you never accept the first offer but what if the first offer is the best offer?

It isn't easy but definitely wish you the best of luck.  There has never been a better time to be having those discussions with your employer with the great resignation still going strong.  If you have data on what is market that will help you de-personalize the discussion some.  How hard a line you draw is up to you but I've definitely seen it go both ways.  Depends on company culture and how bad they need you in this role.  It can also depend on how you approach the conversation and if you can bring someone from the management team into your corner as an advocate for your position.  My own company tends to lean towards the "make you our best offer and move on if you aren't willing to take it."

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, TRW said:

Guys I knew Westbrook would opt-in. He would be a fool if he didn't. My point was why today. He could have opted-in at anytime. It's very interesting. 

He had a June 29th opt-in date.

• Like 2

• Moderators

My only comment on Westbrook is that calling him a star seems really generous given his play the last few years.  If salary was completely irrelevant, I would rather have Delon Wright than Westbrook.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

That’s steep man!

I'd do 3 picks (including the CHA pick) and 2 swaps.  Swaps are usually limited in time, right?  We do the deal and we'll be good for a long time - not sure the swaps mean a thing.  Let me know if that is dumb though.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, txsting said:

I'd do 3 picks (including the CHA pick) and 2 swaps.  Swaps are usually limited in time, right?  We do the deal and we'll be good for a long time - not sure the swaps mean a thing.  Let me know if that is dumb though.

I agree I’d still do but sheesh that’s a lot!

1 minute ago, Wretch said:

I'll believe this price hike rumor when someone with an ounce of credibility weighs in on it. 

Until then I'm still poppin' bottles. lol

Spurs fans trying to come up with fan fiction to save face.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member

This is from that article 

-On the other hand, the Spurs reportedly view Collins’ $125 million contract as a liability. To match salaries, San Antonio would rather take on Danilo Gallinari and his partially guaranteed contract. 

I told you guys Jc isn’t Good!

And his contract is an albatross!

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Spurs are overreaching.  Murray is an attractive young player but he is an UFA in two years and has exactly one season with >16.5 PER and one season with >0.087 WS/48.

The 20 win 2019-20 Hawks had 4 people with >16.5 PER and 4 players with >0.087 WS/48.

He doesn't have the track record to justify the return the return that they are asking for (according to these reports).

Thats the market.  The Hawks can always just go back to a Trae and Bogi back court.

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Are there any examples of a one time all star garnering this kind of trade compensation? This has to be unprecedented.

The Hawks ain't playing the first round draft pick they DID draft.  The market is what it is.  A guaranteed Allstar is better than 3 in the bush maybes.  To top it off, they can always recoup some of those picks by trading Collins.

Edited by Hawkmoor

5 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

This is from that article 

-On the other hand, the Spurs reportedly view Collins’ $125 million contract as a liability. To match salaries, San Antonio would rather take on Danilo Gallinari and his partially guaranteed contract. 

I told you guys Jc isn’t Good!

And his contract is an albatross!

They don't want to listen. They are obsessed with offense when they both limited. Okongwu is the best PF on this roster. He just has to improve his range to be an everyday starter with Clint. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, txsting said:

The whole issue on protection is what happens when disaster strikes.  Again, Murray could leave us in two years as an UFA.  Here are teams that would have lost big under this type of deal structure:

Spurs - 7 straight year of 47-62 wins per season - Lose #1 pick Tim Duncan (got #1 pick when David Robinson and Sean Elliot got injured)

GSW - Multiple Championships - Lose #2 pick (took Wiseman but Ball and others available)

Nets - Thought to be championship contenders - Gave up a **** ton of high lottery picks when KG/PP, etc. ended up worse

You shouldn't have to give up this much without protection for someone with Murray's track record.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

The Hawks ain't playing the first round draft pick they DID draft.  The market is what it is.  A guaranteed Allstar is better than 3 in the bush maybes.  To top it off, they can always recoup some of those picks by trading Collins.

The draft is how you build your team. Acting like draft picks don't matter is an absurdity.

• Like 2