• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

You act like its a bad thing the Falcons didnt end up with Watson.. lol

This could end up being a blessing in disguise too.. You never know..

I like Murray too, but I think some folks will be dissappointed if they think he ALONE is gonna move the needle that much for us..

I'm talking about the time and resources put into recruiting Watson.  I'm talking about the fans being on edge for about a week waiting on Watson's decision.  The exact same scenario is being played out with the Hawks and their fans.  I would RANDOMLY turn on the radio the last two days and the talking heads are talking about Murray.  This thread itself is about 100 pages dedicated to Murray.  The same thing happened on Falcon forums.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Vastly different contracts.. $27m per year for 4 years vs $21m per year for 5 years.

I hate when people mistake two contracts with similar total dollars over a different number of years for similar contracts.  27M per is not close to 21M per.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I hate when people mistake two contracts with similar total dollars over a different number of years for similar contracts.  27M per is not close to 21M per.

Leon Rose plus Sam Rose plus Jalens Dad is a powerful tampering plus more money to an unrestricted FA.

If Leon doesn’t close this deal this is the biggest egg on his face ever.

Edited by theheroatl

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, terrell said:

You act like its a bad thing the Falcons didnt end up with Watson.. lol

Cleveland fans are seriously depressed they “won” Watson.  What a disaster for that franchise. And now they will suck and have to give away their pick since he won’t even play for them this year.

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

I can see the mavs taking it to 100 mil over 5 years. Still less per year but you get the extra year and for Brunson that may be a safety net deal to have the extra year IF they offer 100 mil over 5 years.

How is 100M over 5 years safer than 108M over 4 years?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JTB said:

I can see the mavs taking it to 100 mil over 5 years. Still less per year but you get the extra year and for Brunson that may be a safety net deal to have the extra year IF they offer 100 mil over 5 years.

There's no value in the Mavs offer for Bronson over Knicks offer.

The Knicks hired Brunson's dad plus this:

Brunson had informed the Mavs in January that he was willing to sign the extension if it was offered then, his father Rick Brunson told ESPN during the playoffs. Dallas made the calculated decision to hold off on discussions until after the trade deadline, in case the Mavs had the opportunity to trade for a star, as an extension would have prevented Brunson from being eligible to be traded before the deadline.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, terrell said:

Well at least you get a PF back so you dont have to start OO there.. lol. Or maybe thats NOrthcyde that hates that idea...

If we went that route...

• Trae/Delon/Riffe
  • Murray/Bogi/Griffin
  • Hunter/Kev/Martin
  • Barnes/JJ
  • Clint /OO

And we only give up one of our FRPs... (Ours not Charlotte's).  May even be open to sending them two from Sactown and two of our own?

1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

I'm talking about the time and resources put into recruiting Watson.  I'm talking about the fans being on edge for about a week waiting on Watson's decision.  The exact same scenario is being played out with the Hawks and their fans.  I would RANDOMLY turn on the radio the last two days and the talking heads are talking about Murray.  This thread itself is about 100 pages dedicated to Murray.  The same thing happened on Falcon forums.

It’s comparable but I think it’s a different feeling. Matt Ryan was on the way out or needed to be anyways.

We have Pitts but at that time and perhaps still a ton of empty holes. I’m not saying the Watson decision didn’t end up hurting us fans cause dude is crazy talented despite the allegations he’s facing.

But the nba is different…in this situation with the hawks they need to find that second star player to pair with Trae and it’s not Collins . JC is a 3rd option star at best that would help round out a big 3. Getting a second star next to Trae can turn this franchise into contending status over the next 2 seasons.

Watson was never going to turn the falcons around by himself with the amount of holes they have on the team. I mean especially defensively. Watson can’t play defense for the falcons even if he got the offense rolling.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

How is 100M over 5 years safer than 108M over 4 years?

Shit I don’t know…it sounded good when I typing it up. 

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There's no value in the Mavs offer for Bronson over Knicks offer.

The Knicks hired Brunson's dad plus this:

Brunson had informed the Mavs in January that he was willing to sign the extension if it was offered then, his father Rick Brunson told ESPN during the playoffs. Dallas made the calculated decision to hold off on discussions until after the trade deadline, in case the Mavs had the opportunity to trade for a star, as an extension would have prevented Brunson from being eligible to be traded before the deadline.

Ok geeeezzz I hear y’all he’s going to the knicks. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Hey Hawksquawk.. Question for you..

Would you do a JC for Harrison Barnes and 2 First Round picks trade?

Nah screw those picks.

we don’t need any more lottery guys or just outside of the lottery guys unless they look like a sure thing.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Hey Hawksquawk.. Question for you..

Would you do a JC for Harrison Barnes and 2 First Round picks trade?

If theoretically SAS thought their guy at his discounted but too-short contract was worth a John Collins plus 3 picks... assuming that's accurate.

I'd have to have no less than 4 FRPs to take Harrison Barnes.

57 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Spurs taking back Fournier or Randle without a guarantee they can reflip? I don’t see it.. it’s a new big wrench in a plan to stack Murray with Brunson. They can take Murray into space only if Brunson doesn’t sign.

Depending how much cap they have left over after Brunson and from what i have seen from others posted on other boards it would be about 10 to 12 mil.  They could probably do a trade like Reddish + 3 or 4 1sts for Murray.  With Murray only making 16 million that would probably add up correctly overall.  Wouldn't that be some crap that the guy we traded that alot of us liked originally in Cam.  Could be the guy that makes everything match up for them and now allowing us to be able to improve the position we hoped he would hold down for years.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Decision Day is here for Gallo's contract (unless extended - please no, this has to end).

Also, Let's play - How many picks will the Spurs be asking for today for Murray? 6 1sts? 

This is becoming a farce. Last night I thought it was done deal, but now I'm pretty sure we not getting him. 

Maybe we should concentrate on Ayton again

• Like 2

NOOOOOOOO!!! :jab:F that! OO and 4???? Wtffff. Dejounte Jeffry Jordan? 🤨 

Spurs want Onyeka Okongwu?

i_c1_b5_22_onyeka-okongwu.png?w=190

Per LJ Ellis of Spurs Talk, the only player San Antonio actually wants from Atlanta is Onyeka Okongwu. Also, despite BR’s Jake Fischer reporting that the Spurs are looking for three first-rounders in a possible deal for Murray, that’s also false. Ellis notes Gregg Popovich’s squad would take no less than four unprotected first-round picks. There’s talk that the Spurs are looking to trade Murray for three first round draft picks. I’m told that is incorrect. San Antonio’s asking price for Murray is four first round draft picks with little to no protections. Alternatively, the Spurs want three minimally protected first rounders and two unprotected first round pick swaps.

Heck even i wouldn't make that trade. I want Murray pretty dang badly but no way no how would i give King Kongwu + 4 1st round picks thats just ignorant.  I might do Onyeka + 2 picks and even thats pushing it for me but is the most i would be ok with in any trade involving him.

• Like 3