• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

17 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Just curious why you're doing individual audio replies.

He'll reply to you about that via an individual audio reply.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Threezus said:

So there is another 13 to 15 mil a year added to their cap space on top of Brunsons 20 to 25 mil a year or so.  They only had 33 mil in cap space left right now.   That pretty much eats up everything they could have used to go after Murray.  Another domino falls for the Spurs to try and drive up the price on everyone.

They have his bird rights!

so it doesn’t affect their cap space!

Just now, Dean Walker said:

They have his bird rights!

so it doesn’t affect their cap space!

But it does affect Dolan's wallet if all these fantasy signings and trades create a tax team that doesn't even make the playoffs.. LOL Leon spending Dolan's checkbook on his friends

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Damn you just comin in here reppin the Hawks and being loved 🥰 by the public and a member of the Bay now….

Is this where I’m supposed to pass the torch? 🤨 

giphy.gif

Who says there only needs to be one torch 😉 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

But it does affect Dolan's wallet if all these fantasy signings and trades create a tax team that doesn't even make the playoffs.. LOL Leon spending Dolan's checkbook on his friends

The Knicks are a top 5 most valuable franchise in the world and #1 in the Nba!

Money is and never will be a problem for them!

Incompetence is there biggest problem!

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You mean a shamless homer that defends all things Hawks no matter what?

*gasp*

Don't talk about squd like that!

So mean.   Between you and that 'other' insider, I don't know what's going on today.

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, sturt said:

T-minus 200-ish minutes on that Gallo guarantee.

Let's all nap and wake up to some happy news

38 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Welp, I'm wore out waiting on Murray coming to the Hawks.  Moving on. Its taken waay too much of my attention.

Closed For Business GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

See you in 200 min

19 minutes ago, yungsta said:

The more I look into Dejounte Murray, the more I'm not liking the fit with Trae especially for the Spurs' asking price. The desire for Murray seems more like a desperation move to get something done than a move that can take this team to a championship caliber level.

6'4 180, not a great shooter with a below average TS%, and not a true SG.

These are the concerns that I have for Murray.

• How much value will he bring to the team over someone like Delon Wright when 80% of the time, the ball will be in Trae's hands?
  • Can he actually guard the big guards of the east (Harden, Jaylen Brown, Jimmy Butler, Demar Derozan, Kris MIddleton etc..) in a full 7 games series?
  • Both Murray and Trae will need to change their games drastically for the offensive fit to work. Are you willing to take a huge bet that will happen?

You're making some assumptions here, regardless of his height and weight, Murray was taking on the tough defense assignments nightly, and his best defense is point of attack which happens to be how Trae gets abused on offense a lot.

His shooting is horrendous, but probably exacerbated by the fact that he was the only option on the Spurs last year. https://www.nba.com/stats/player/1627749/shots-dash If you looks at his stats, when he's open and just catching and shooting, he's hitting at a %38-39 clip, which is more than respectable considering that's a big part of what he'll be doing on offense.

On offense, he'll also be taking the ball away from Trae, allowing Trae to play offball (which Ray says Trae has done his whole until college/nba) where he's in the 97-98 percentile on catch and shoot opportunities.

The offense with Murray would be insanely exciting since we'd finally have 2 elite ball handlers and playmakers, everyone else on the team should eat. 

To add on to that, there is NO other SG in the league who is as impactful on defense as he is, that still has the offensive chops that he's got. 

Picking on his shooting % and size ignores the context of his game and how he would fit in. Thinking he's just a more expensive Delon Wright is just............ disrespectful lol. The man has already made an All defensive team and has shown to take pride on that side of the floor unlike anyone not named Capela on our team. 

Getting Murray means we have drastically raised our floor and are in the playoffs every year, alongside Trae Young who is one of the best ceiling raisers in the game. 

If we have a chance to start the season with the best backcourt in the league, then we should definitely do what it takes.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Dre is about to get extended. Then it comes down to Murray and OO in 2 years. Everyone else is under team control for 3+ years I think. 

These picks in the twenties are not going to have a big impact especially if we’re contenders. Murray will have a HUGE impact.

We'll need some 2nd rounder/late firsts/undrafteds to outshine expectations if we want to compete.  Pretty much all contenders have contributors on rookie deals or otherwise good value contracts.  Heat have a stable of those guys, Boston had Grant Williams and Robert Williams who contributed huge (22nd and 27th pick), GS had Jordan Poole and GP2 (22nd pick, undrafted), Looney has been big for Golden State through the years, etc. etc.  

I'm not saying any of our firsts are guaranteed but having more chances to get a really good value player on the roster for 4 years is valuable.  I would like to trade for Murray but I don't want to be a prisoner of the moment and start throwing our future out the window.