• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

This would be the final moves i would make for this team if i could pull them off and put the team together based on value's i see players might be close to worth or asking to get.

Hawks trade Gallo + 3 1st round picks for Murray

Hawks trade Capela + Bogi or Huerter + 1st for Rudy Can even throw in a pick swap if ya want on another year.

Hawks new team

PG - Trae / Delon or Cooper
SG - Murray / Huerter or Bogi whichever isn't traded
SF - Hunter / Griffin
PF - Collins / Jalen Johnson
C - Rudy / Okongwu

We end up giving up Capela, Gallo, Bogi and 4 1st round picks for Rudy and Murray.

Numbers should be close in cap if im not mistaken and if need be although if we absolutely need to we can probably make 1 more trade in there to free up some cap space to sign whatever else we need.

To me thats the absolute best team we could legit go after and put on the floor top to bottom. With every piece fitting and complimenting the player next to them.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, Threezus said:

This would be the final moves i would make for this team if i could pull them off and put the team together based on value's i see players might be close to worth or asking to get.

Hawks trade Gallo + 3 1st round picks for Murray

Hawks trade Capela + Bogi or Huerter + 1st for Rudy Can even throw in a pick swap if ya want on another year.

Hawks new team

PG - Trae / Delon or Cooper
SG - Murray / Huerter or Bogi whichever isn't traded
SF - Hunter / Griffin
PF - Collins / Jalen Johnson
C - Rudy / Okongwu

We end up giving up Capela, Gallo, Bogi and 4 1st round picks for Rudy and Murray.

Numbers should be close in cap if im not mistaken and if need be although if we absolutely need to we can probably make 1 more trade in there to free up some cap space to sign whatever else we need.

To me thats the absolute best team we could legit go after and put on the floor top to bottom. With every piece fitting and complimenting the player next to them.

That team would be really nice, but unfortunately, we've broken JC and I don't see him as a Hawk next year.  Probably have to make some kind of move there.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Better leave him alone or he's gonna tell you how tall he is and how he "used to box". 🙄

it's all good.  With my back issues I have a doctors note anyway excusing me from all physical activity.  Supes is gonna have to fight my yet to be named Champion in my stead.    Per the rules of Game of Thrones.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JeffS17 said:

That team would be really nice, but unfortunately, we've broken JC and I don't see him as a Hawk next year.  Probably have to make some kind of move there.

Sadly thats the piece i was saying at the bottom that can be moved to work cap space in if we absolutely had too lol.  Although i think if JC seen this team put together he might want to stay with it for a championship chance.  But if not then we trade JC for the best we can get and go after a guy like Portis or something while using the extra cap from JC to fill out the rest of the team.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Bruh they are still running with the same Ian Begley nonsense video post. It’s gone into aggregation hell.

Begley's reporting before was more “suggestive”!

This is flat out saying there going after him!

Big difference!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

@NBASupes  You are looking at this the wrong way.  You WANT both Murray's and Trae's touches to go down.  THATS the problem they both have.  Both are league leading scorers

There is no way in which Murray is a league leading scorer.  His best points per game ranking ever was 20th (right between also not league leading scorers Fred VanVleet, Tyler Herro, Antman, and Darius Garland).  Significantly, this was volume driven.  He was 163rd in scoring efficiency (Trae was 70 points higher in TS% and averaged 28.4 ppg which was the 3rd best number in the league).

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

It's not about Murray and his scoring.  It's about the other facets of his game that compliments that roster that I put up there. 

Fully agree.  If you trade for him, it is not for his scoring.  It is for his playmaking (note that his apg will drop pretty dramatically playing with Trae), his defense, and his rebounding that you are looking to land him.

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

To me it's whether he's a big jump over Bogi and Kev.   

I do think Murray and Kev is a big jump over Bogi and Kev since Bogi and Kev largely duplicate each other's strengths and weaknesses.  Challenge is meeting SA's demand while not overpaying by a material amount.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Knicks are absolutely a franchise that will outbid us, overpay, and remain mediore/bad forever.  It's much scarier when the other team is the Knicks or Kings in the conversation over a team like Denver/Miami.  Hopefully we don't budge above 3 firsts and Gallo/JC.

45 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

They have his bird rights!

so it doesn’t affect their cap space!

Not even remotely true.  Until his deal is signed, his cap hold counts as salary toward their cap. Once signed, the 1st year of the deal counts toward their cap this year.

His cap hold is only 1.88 million. So it is in their best interest in signing other players to process Mitchell's deal last.  True they own his rights so he can sign for up to his individual max, but that max affects the available salary for any player coming in after him. So keeping him at the "hold" status until the other deal get processed gives their "cap situation" another 12 ish million to play with year one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

They have his bird rights!

so it doesn’t affect their cap space!

I don't follow this.  Bird rights allow you to resign someone but any money you spend on someone with Bird rights still eats up empty cap space.  They need to delay his deal if they want to preserve that space.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

man f*** the Knicks!

Man quit falling for this clickbait! We don't give a damn about these fools churning out the same sh!t a different minute. You're giving them exactly what they want. Sad that you fall for these and litter our beautiful squawk-nest with this garbage. 

• Like 3

This morning the "Big Guy" Brian Windhorst said the Knicks could get Murray in a sign and trade with Dallas and then use their cap space to bring in Brunson. I think that's where he's headed unfortunately. The media and BSPN are pushing the hype machine for this trade), they will do all they can to stop him from coming here. But it doesn't make sense in my opinion. Brunson at the point, Murray at the 2, and Barrett at the three. They would have no legitimate perimeter shooter in their lineup, but that's the Knicks though.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1