• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022 Hawks Summer League

JayBirdHawk

3 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

Uh boy, is this place some secret boys club or something? Is there some sort of ceremonial rite of passage I must go through to join the hawks mens club? Some sort of initiation? I'm new, what's the scoop sport? 

"The sky is falling!"  Here on The Squawk, everything that happens is magnified all out.  Some try to keep everything on a steady base.  Others simply explode!  Note:  There is no men's club as we have at least two great female posters who are very wise and will burn you a blister if you get too far out of line!  

😇

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The magnificent 7

Based on the McQueen shirt? I love it. Used to watch all those movies wit pops. He introduced me to the great escape, mag 7 etc. 

Here’s my quick rundown.

Dejounte- Steve McQ

Trae- Yul Brynn

Okongwu- Bronson

Capela- Coburn

12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Coop fell to 48 and I was questioning the nba community ability to scout. After this SL game, maybe I should question mines. He was booty butt cheeks

I was thinking the same. Was more excited with his game and hair last summer. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

OKC is gonna have a great squad in 2 or 3 years if they stay patient. Hopefully they'll cut the checks when it's time to.

They won’t. It’ll be 2012 all over with KD Harden and Wes and they will do it all over again.

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

If Glen Willis took his pic off his Twitter I might read it. I just can’t see dude ever playing basketball 🏀 in his life. Sorry.

Think he was a coach...might be one of those 'who can't do, teach' things  😄

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It absolutely feels like we gloss over SL and I can't figure out why.  Our rosters are always terrible and unbalanced.

So we won’t be winning the new ring 💍? Is that what you’re saying? I had my heart set on that bling! 🤦‍♀️ 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hey Bogi, Pee Wee Herman called and wants his pants 👖 back 🤣 

I saw a thing on the internet around prom time how all the dudes were basically wearing peewee Herman suits nowadays.  With all the tight, high-water, etc. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I saw a thing on the internet around prom time how all the dudes were basically wearing peewee Herman suits nowadays.  With all the tight, high-water, etc. 

I tried… almost beat myself up. I was disgusted with myself I’ll tell ya :laugh1: Spud and that sleek euro look don’t mesh. 

6 minutes ago, sturt said:

Wonder what a ticket goes for in Vegas... kinda seems fun to be able to see all these guys up close under one roof (or two actually).

This is us next year in Vegas.

Tickets aren’t too pricey let’s roll. 

C101B885-D726-4105-BF18-00711BB241BD.jpeg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This is us next year in Vegas.

Tickets aren’t too pricey let’s roll. 

C101B885-D726-4105-BF18-00711BB241BD.jpeg

Cool fact:

There is a member from each of the Hawks last 5 drafts pictured;

(2017) JC

(2018) Trae

(2019) Dre

(2020) OO

(2021) JJ

All in attendance to (hopefully) watch our 2022 draft class play. I could be wrong but I don’t think it’s very common to see that level of commitment and longevity keeping your young players together this long.

Bonus fact: Murray represents the 2016 class. Clint breaks the streak though as he came in with the 2014 class.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I was thinking the same. Was more excited with his game and hair last summer. 

I know someone that was never high on him but let yall convince him otherwise. 🙄

One guy, not named squd, questions the intelligence of anyone who disagrees with him but is steadily wrong about players every cycle.  Funny.

• Haha 3