• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022 Hawks Summer League

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

I was a Butler fan, too.

But I think when you pretty much know that Gallo is going to be exiting the next off-season, if you have 3-4 players there that you like, you take the PF. I'm bullish on Jalen.

Sharife wasn't as good as most were touting him after last summer league.

He certainly isn't so bad that one summer league game somehow erases all the good things he did in the last third or so of his CP season.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

Have we reached the part of the year yet when people forget that summer league games are absolutely useless in telling us anything about players, yet try to draw conclusions anyway? 

Feels like we have. 🤣

Yup.

Play well, means nothing.

Play bad, means everything.

Sounds about right

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Have we reached the part of the year yet when people forget that summer league games are absolutely useless in telling us anything about players, yet try to draw conclusions anyway? 

Feels like we have. 🤣

So you're saying I should sell my 'Chet4MVP' stock or nah?

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Feels like we have. 🤣

SL is a way to work on your game against hungry vets looking for a team and against hungry rooks looking to prove they belong. It's a good measuring stick to see where you are against other competitors. I'm starting to see why this dude stayed in college park. Against a hungry Celtics D, Miami D, Warriors D, they'd eat him alive. Jared Butler prides his defense and it showed in only SL 

37 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

SL is a way to work on your game against hungry vets looking for a team and against hungry rooks looking to prove they belong. It's a good measuring stick to see where you are against other competitors. I'm starting to see why this dude stayed in college park. Against a hungry Celtics D, Miami D, Warriors D, they'd eat him alive. Jared Butler prides his defense and it showed in only SL 

You must be new here...

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

You must be new here...

Uh boy, is this place some secret boys club or something? Is there some sort of ceremonial rite of passage I must go through to join the hawks mens club? Some sort of initiation? I'm new, what's the scoop sport? 

• Haha 3

We are particularly bad at filling summer league rosters, we always play guys that would not make any other teams roster, never sign top undrafted players and never find a gem in summer league. 

Thera are other teams that are good at this, Miami, GSW, Boston, LAC, LAL… I guess this is also something that differences good basketball organizations from bad ones.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Diesel said:

CAPTION This...

FXRKET1XwAUTXLK.jpg

Schlenk finding this on his morning review of Hawksquawk: 

"Dang. What an ass I'm going to look like now when I announce this trade tomorrow."

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, Cwell said:

I mean….don’t forget Cam was with Trae and Dre at Summer League last year and still requested a trade (dummy)

:good: Cam prolly saw Jalen Johnson play in SL and thought he'd get squeezed then asked for the trade, 😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

Uh boy, is this place some secret boys club or something? Is there some sort of ceremonial rite of passage I must go through to join the hawks mens club? Some sort of initiation? I'm new, what's the scoop sport? 

Haha, you're in just based on calling him 'sport'.  The secret society would've also accepted 'champ' or 'jacka**'.

In fairness though, I been here a while but I still don't follow what he was referring to in your post.  Likely wasn't anything negative.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, gurpilo said:

We are particularly bad at filling summer league rosters, we always play guys that would not make any other teams roster, never sign top undrafted players and never find a gem in summer league. 

Thera are other teams that are good at this, Miami, GSW, Boston, LAC, LAL… I guess this is also something that differences good basketball organizations from bad ones.

It absolutely feels like we gloss over SL and I can't figure out why.  Our rosters are always terrible and unbalanced.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1